Capt Club email "something big is coming" Nov 6th

NutsAboutGolf

7 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I've also wondered if it's inevitable that the Royal franchise partnership are coming to X...Mast Grill to be replaced by Johnny Rockets (I'm okay with this) and Cab Al Bacio to be replaced by Starbucks...On RCI, neither are free

Royal is no longer adding Johnny Rockets to their new ships, and Starbucks is always added in addition to a free coffee venue (Cafe Promenade, Pearl Cafe, etc).

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

It's now posted in Celebrity web site.  Sails Caribbean November 18, 2025.  

Its posted but not available to book when I tried.   Not going on the new ship just more curiosity as I have Christmas Markets river cruise happening then with a group of us.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

The 5th Edge class ship appears to be named Xcel.  I pulled the deck plans from a cruise database website leveraged by many travel agencies.  Most of the public areas are greyed out with a "coming soon" designation, so there's not much to see besides the variation in staterooms.

I put all the photo exports in a pdf linked below.

Celebrity Xcel All Decks.pdf 2.35 MB · 97 downloads

Xcel as in Xcelerate internet?
The marketing genius behind this naming should be fired!

It will be nicknamed the internet ship

15 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Notable changes:

Relocation or removal? of the iLounge on deck 3

image.png.159640309baa7f61be005d2ba3e85efd.png

Additional porthole veranda staterooms at the aft, deck 6

image.png.09528a968a87b653753b117f2b5813c1.png

Added Aqua staterooms at the aft, deck 8

image.png.dde31ad96c9181f02fea832179e1ae99.png

Many new sky suites added on deck 9.

image.png.5445985caf03e9eeb9935d193d41d3e9.png

Celebrity suites added on deck 11

image.png.818d71c05dabf00af6a78f39f08a1fb8.png

wow, thx!

Is Xcel the same size as Beyond/Ascent?
Or did they add yet another floor/lengthen it?

11 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

It is likely to run only on DFM due to the lack of availability of all the fabulous green fuels.   Just adore the virtue signaling. 🤣

hope it will be safe!

big push where we live for propane fuel...ugh! 

2 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

wow, thx!

does it show Luminae  and RETREAT insides/outside spaces . ? 

with more suites they may be tight in those areas..that " exclusive" dunk pool is fairly small.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Timelines can change, this article states 2024:

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/new-wrtsil-engine-enables-methanol-celebritys-fifth-edge-ship

"Celebrity Cruises' fifth Edge-class ship will sport a new Wärtsilä flex fuel engine with the ability to use three types of fuel, including methanol.  The vessel is planned for 2024 delivery from Chantiers de l'Atlantique"

Interesting... a LNG alternative.
So celebrity is shying away from LNG conversion now?

And i'm assuming the other 2 fuels that same flex engine can take is diesel and marine oil?
Wonder why flex fuel engine? Would be a pain to empty and clean it before switching to another fuel type

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I stand corrected regarding adding traditional balcony rooms to Xcel. They added a total of 4 balconies (V1) found on decks 9 and 10. Will be the first to go, I'm sure.

we might grab one if we can..

12 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

there have been a lot of changes from leadership to the general direction of the "new X" wanting more short itineraries and also adding CoCo Cay as a port of call.  As good as a guess as any I suppose

As long as i can string together triple 5 day cruises (b2b2b) with all different ports, i'm fine with it.

ie: coco cay, key west, bahamas, cozumel, etc

Edited by fstuff1

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

wow, thx!

Appears to be the same size. No additional deck. Double occupancy is actually 12 passengers less than Ascent and Beyond. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Appears to be the same size. No additional deck. Double occupancy is actually 14 passengers less than Ascent and Beyond. 

It should be more than 14 pax difference.
For every suite they added, they removed 2 verandas. (suites are about the same size as 2 verandas.)
They definitely added more than 7 suites.

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I stand corrected regarding adding traditional balcony rooms to Xcel. They added a total of 4 balconies (V1) found on decks 9 and 10. 

image.png.97b5f9c718fd343cda888527dabeef83.png

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

For every suite they added, they removed 2 verandas. (suites are about the same size as 2 verandas.)

Cabin details aren't available yet but that's what they have published. If someone wants to take the time to count cabins, go for it. 

19 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

You're assuming Sky Suites take up the space of 2 IV cabins. I doubt that. You're also assuming they didn't add new inside cabins where there weren't any on Ascent. I doubt that too.

• Like 2

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/11/celebrity-xcel-named-as-next-ship-for-celebrity-cruises/

Celebrity Cruises announced today that the fifth ship in its Edge Series will be named Celebrity Xcel, and will debut in 2025. The company previously announced the ship would be methanol ready.

The reveal was made at Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France, as executives from both Royal Caribbean Group and the yard celebrated the steel cutting.

“The Edge Series has shattered preconceived notions of cruising, and I am thrilled to announce our next bold step as a brand with Celebrity Xcel,” said Celebrity Cruises’ President Laura Hodges Bethge. “True to her name, this next ship will ‘Xcel’ beyond her sister ships with entirely new experiences, yet to be revealed, but that will change the game all over again.

The Celebrity Xcel will make her debut in November 2025 in the Caribbean, sailing her inaugural winter season from Fort Lauderdale, on 7-night itineraries alternating between the Bahamas, Mexico and the Cayman Islands, and Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. The sailings are now open for sale."