does gty concierge include perks? Is wine anytime or dinner?

elaine5

does gty concierge include perks? Is wine anytime or dinner? Is the sparkling wine anytime/anywhere, or only in cabin? Is there a selection of wine by the glass (or price limit)? Is there a different dining room or different menu in MDR? Any "bad" cabins? thanks, Elaine

6 minutes ago, elaine5 said:

does gty concierge include perks? Is wine anytime or dinner? Is the sparkling wine anytime/anywhere, or only in cabin? Is there a selection of wine by the glass (or price limit)? Is there a different dining room or different menu in MDR? Any "bad" cabins? thanks, Elaine

GTY cabins mean Celebrity can pit you anywhere.  It’s exactly as it states.  It guarantees you a cabin.  No perks!

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

GTY cabins mean Celebrity can pit you anywhere.  It’s exactly as it states.  It guarantees you a cabin.  No perks!

Not so.  If GTY is Concierge, you receive concierge peks. If the GTY is a suite you receive suite perks

Edited by WestLakeGirl
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, elaine5 said:

If you book a GTY Concierge you get whatever Concierge cabins are available at the time they assign cabins. That might be immediately after booking or it might be later.  

Perks received will be the Concierge standard ones, which includes embarkation lunch in the dining room (that one day only) plus a bottle of sparkling wine and a few other items. You can find the list on Celebrity's website. There's no wine by the glass option as part of your Concierge perks.

Other perks depend on the package you purchase or any OBC you receive for whatever reason. Plus the perks that come with your loyalty level, if any. 

There are wines available by the glass. What you'll pay depends on whether or not you have a beverage package. With the Classic package, maximum covered price per drink is $10. With the Premium package, maximum covered price per drink is $17. Any price point above the included amount will be pro-rated and charged along with the pro-rated gratuity. For example, if you have a classic package and buy a drink with a cost of $12, you will pay the excess ($2 + 20% of $2). 

Concierge is assigned to the main dining room. Only Aqua Class (Blu) and Suites (Luminae) have designated separate 'special' dining rooms.

Edited by mrgabriel

What are you considering a perk? If you mean the Cruise Only rate vs All Included rate which comes with a drink package and WiFi then yes, a Guarantee cabin can potentially have an option to choose between the two rates. Verify what you are booking beforehand if you are unsure. 

I equated the GTY as the "Cruise Only" fare. Cruise Only does not include any of the perks like drinks, internet, etc.  It does not include "wine anytime", either.

But, if you're wanting to book the "all inclusive", with all the perks, the Concierge Class will generally run about $1,000 more than the "Cruise Only" fare.

Some Concierge Cabins do indeed have obstructed views.

Edited by graphicguy

29 minutes ago, elaine5 said:

thank you. I thought I read that C class got wine with dinner. seems like the C perks are meh for us. 

Concierge perks are "meh" for a lot of us. Some people like it because of cabin choice/location, which would be irrelevant if you select a "guaranty" cabin/

23 minutes ago, SFCAcruiser said:

Concierge perks are "meh" for a lot of us. Some people like it because of cabin choice/location, which would be irrelevant if you select a "guaranty" cabin/

Good for extra club points if you need to get to the next level

14 hours ago, elaine5 said:

thank you. I thought I read that C class got wine with dinner. seems like the C perks are meh for us. 

For us the perks are pretty much meaningless.  I think that is why regular veranda almost always sell out before concierge.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SFCAcruiser said:

I only upgrade to Concierge if the price drops to what I pay for a balcony except for last year on the Eqjinox it cost .me another $100 or so for the 10 nights but I got a Concierge SV. Was wonderful.