Black Friday starts the 9th.

Nothing great on my cruise - best deals are the lunches and the alcohol free beverage packages.

Funny enough, the alcohol package was higher than it's been all fall.  Guess they've sold enough of those - makes my decision to tell the spouse to buy 1 drink a day OOP much easier.

I am undecided if I will spring for food I've already bought (leaning against, as you can tell) or soda for the kids (but again, do I want them to earn their money's worth b/c they all drink water happily at restaurants now and we don't have soda in the house except for holidays) - especially when both only save $1 or a $1/day over the best price I've seen.

Edited by TwoMisfits

9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Plenty of photographers on all my post-covid cruises.

I only know b/c we only "purchase" our 2 free photo prints for being Diamond... it's $24.99 per photo (or at least it was on Allure a couple weeks ago).

That's very helpful thank you. 10 photo package is making sense then if it would be around £20 per photo out of the package. Although there is still a question around if I can get my 4yr old to agree to be in a photo...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

Disappointed that my March Wonder of the Seas excursions that I did not book already are the same price as yesterday.  The 1 I did book for a decent price months ago is now that same sale price. Only saved on a few lunches.  Even internet is the same price as yesterday.

The only excursion sale that I saw was Nassau Blue Lagoon deluxe beach break for $72.99 pp on the October Symphony's sail.  The April one is $82+ pp

All in all, it's another "not really a sale" sale...oh well, maybe there will be a holiday sale with better prices when they don't sell as much as they want in this sale...

Or if not, well, there's no need to spend - just leaves more in the travel fund for the ports...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

The only excursion sale that I saw was Nassau Blue Lagoon deluxe beach break for $72.99 pp on the October Symphony's sail.  The April one is $82+ pp

I bought Chacchoben Mayan Ruins in Puerto Maya for $95.99 pp in September.  Was really hoping for sales on Atlantis Submarine- Cozumel and King Kong Zipline- Roatan.  KKZ was as low as $108.99 pp in the past but in the past Black Friday was THE sale to save money.  😞 So glad that I did save money on dinners with the Crown and Anchor sale though.

9 minutes ago, SquishTheWhale said:

That's very helpful thank you. 10 photo package is making sense then if it would be around £20 per photo out of the package. Although there is still a question around if I can get my 4yr old to agree to be in a photo...

I do have some British friends but I won't pretend to be extremely well-versed in UK parenting. That said, bribery works well for parents in the US. 😁

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That is a good price for beach club.   

The sale is live for some of our cruises.  Just booked beach club for $113.  It was at $216 for a long time.  

I did purchase beach club for $98 last night.   We were there in September for $79 and said probably wouldn't pay more than that since there are nice free areas but we did enjoy that area so I grabbed it and will see if we keep it.

I already bought lunch at Jamie's on national Italian day in October for $15.

I suspect they are not releasing all sale prices at once and will monitor some other items. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I did purchase beach club for $98 last night.   We were there in September for $79 and said probably wouldn't pay more than that since there are nice free areas but we did enjoy that area so I grabbed it and will see if we keep it.

I already bought lunch at Jamie's on national Italian day in October for $15.

I suspect they are not releasing all sale prices at once and will monitor some other items. 

Symphony May 24 would dream of $98 - right now, that's $253.99 for beach club on my cruise.

Either I've got a swarm of rich, spendy folks on my cruise...or RCCL is overvaluing what Mem Day cruisers will want to spend b/c it's a sorta holiday.

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As mentioned, we don't buy very much, but I hope you're right both for yourself and others and just so I have something to be checking, lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Symphony May 24 would dream of $98 - right now, that's $253.99 for beach club on my cruise.

Either I've got a swarm of rich, spendy folks on my cruise...or RCCL is overvaluing what Mem Day cruisers will want to spend b/c it's a sorta holiday.

It varies wildly by ship/date. I think it was like $149 for my March, June, and July Wonder cruises.

• Like 1

I was able to rebook a couple of items for Oct 2024, add a couple of small items (soda package for 1, 24 Evian package) and still get a bit of a refund - so a pretty significant savings there.

I was hoping that the Beach Club pass would come down more. It did, but not enough (still $150pp).

5 day Bermuda: lots of excursions 30% off but they're expensive to begin with. Giovanni's lunch went down to 12.99 pp. Dinner there is higher than it was on 'pasta day'. Chops lunch 15.99.

5 night dining went from $275 to $178 so that's not bad. (before 18% grat is added)

Wifi and The Key are still expensive. Pickleball is 40% off guess that's not selling.

Edited by marci22

I was able to save on our boarding day lunch (biggest savings here) and internet on my cruise in a few weeks.  The deals on cruises farther out were not as great, but I did save a bit and bought some things for the Icon that I've been watching the prices not move in months.  

We'll be doing the free stuff at Coco Cay because the prices for those things have gotten crazy!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Does anyone know how long this Black Friday sale is supposed to last? Will it still be going on on Black Friday?

Regardless, once people know it's happening and start booking, your preferred options may no longer be available.

• Like 1

Wow... when is a sale not a sale?  When RCI increases the prices two weeks ago and then puts them "on sale" for more than they were on sale in the previous month.  Only things actually "on sale" were the ultimate dining, specialty lunches and refreshment package.  The "up to 55% off internet" was actually higher today than it was three weeks ago with normal sale.  Not too terribly surprised but still disappointed.  I am sure some others will be able to find better deals, but few for my cruises....

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I saw quite a few further out on sale. I've always wanted to do twister, that speed boat. Used to be $89 just for twister. Now it takes you to a unlimited beach break. Idk about the beach thing, but signed up for 58.99 open bar (25% off). Got 2 excursions for each leg dec 2024. 30% off. 

Close in not such good luck. Stuff is sold out. Jamie's lunch on harmony 14.99 but sold out except for boarding day and day 3. I'll have b2b lunch which I like and day 3 is cheers with a officer. Day 2 and 7 completely sold out dec 3. 

Cheapest I've seen unlimited dining mariner may 6 $209. Good deal. Lunch at Jamie's only 12.99 that week. Mariner has the best prices for any of my bookings. I spent a lot for so few dates.