Black Friday starts the 9th.

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Cabana sale?  I doubt it. 😂

There were actually reasonable C&A sale prices for cabanas on select sailings last month. Ya never know. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by OCSC Mike

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

There were actually reasonable C&A sale prices for cabanas on select sailings last month. Ya never know. 🤷‍♂️

We have Coco Cay and Barefoot Beach on Oasis this March. I’ll have to watch. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have Coco Cay and Barefoot Beach on Oasis this March. I’ll have to watch. 

Everything's relative and having 2 or 8 people in your party matters just going by per head price but after seeing the $3000+ prices for both beach and OTW cabanas for a long time, they were both under $2000 for my 10/25 Allure cruise. I didn't save the info but I think it was like $1400ish for beach and $1750ish for OTW.

That sale seemed to only include cruises that were closer to sailing. The prices for my March-July Wonder cruises were not on sale.

EDIT: I'm sure it was clear but this was for CocoCay. Our original itinerary actually did have Labadee (changed due to weather) but no sale on Labadee.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Everything's relative and having 2 or 8 people in your party matters just going by per head price but after seeing the $3000+ prices for both beach and OTW cabanas for a long time, they were both under $2000 for my 10/25 Allure cruise. I didn't save the info but I think it was like $1400ish for beach and $1750ish for OTW.

That sale seemed to only include cruises that were closer to sailing. The prices for my March-July Wonder cruises were not on sale.

EDIT: I'm sure it was clear but this was for CocoCay. Our original itinerary actually did have Labadee (changed due to weather) but no sale on Labadee.

Thanks for the info.

We already have a Chill Island booked and OTW for Barefoot.  Did this in September and now we can just watch the pricing.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Everything's relative and having 2 or 8 people in your party matters just going by per head price but after seeing the $3000+ prices ...

Yeah, when the prices start at $3000, no discount is going to reach my "worth it" price.  They'd have to offer a 95% discount.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Yeah, when the prices start at $3000, no discount is going to reach my "worth it" price.  They'd have to offer a 95% discount.  

As I said, everything's relative. Many people will see value in paying $200ish pp (for a party of eight) for one of those cabanas, especially when it has recently cost far more than that just to access the Beach Club.

I'm frugal and enjoy CocoCay without paying anything except tips for my voucher drinks, but having been treated to each of those cabanas once by a generous family member, we had an amazing experience both times (especially the OTW).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Now we will see how much they increase the price before giving a 55% discount!

Alcohol beverage packages went up from $100 to $105/day reg price for my cruise, so I suspect a lot of that is going on this last week.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

It says up to 55 percent. Very few beverage or dining packages will see that, in fact, probably none. 55 percent will be photo package, internet, and private island activities like jet ski and zipline.

I hope so because I want to book the Dragons Breath zipline at Labadee.

9 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Check the prices today and then report back after the "sale" goes live. 🙂

Just did that.  I scoped out and marked down the prices of all the things I have not booked for cruises coming up through 2024.  We'll see if I save any money. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Just did that.  I scoped out and marked down the prices of all the things I have not booked for cruises coming up through 2024.  We'll see if I save any money. 🙂 

I did the same thing. My guess is that they will raise the price 60% so that they can lower it 55%.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My guess is that they will raise the price 60% so that they can lower it 55%.

Maybe you're exaggerating to make a point but more likely the majority of things will be far less than 55% off just like other sales that say "up to 35% off" or whatever but many are only 10-20% off. They don't need to be THAT deceptive... although they could be.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Maybe you're exaggerating to make a point but more likely the majority of things will be far less than 55% off just like other sales that say "up to 35% off" or whatever but many are only 10-20% off. They don't need to be THAT deceptive... although they could be.

My SIL an her husband just bought the DBP for $66 a few weeks ago for a cruise we have booked in March. About a week after they bought, the price went up to $100 with a BOGO 50% off sale. So that means the new price is still $9 more than what they paid even though they're saving 50% on one package. I envision RCI's sales tactics to be similar to this Scenario.

15 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I did the same thing. My guess is that they will raise the price 60% so that they can lower it 55%.

I've been tracking cruise planner prices on my next 6 cruises for 23/24 since I booked them. Some I have been tracking for over a year.  When I checked and marked them down in my spreadsheet everything was the same as it was prior to all previous sales with the exception of the internet.  There was a very small increase in internet pricing in on the 2024 sailings. 2023 sailings were untouched.  We just have until tomorrow to wait and find out.  We'll see how it goes.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been tracking cruise planner prices on my next 6 cruises for 23/24 since I booked them. Some I have been tracking for over a year.  When I checked and marked them down in my spreadsheet everything was the same as it was prior to all previous sales with the exception of the internet.  There was a very small increase in internet pricing in on the 2024 sailings. 2023 sailings were untouched.  We just have until tomorrow to wait and find out.  We'll see how it goes.

I'm sure things won't be as bad as I (semi-sarcastically) predicted. I've just become cynical to their pricing shenanigans. Reducing cabin service and then raising the cost of it really has me irked.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm sure things won't be as bad as I (semi-sarcastically) predicted. I've just become cynical to their pricing shenanigans. Reducing cabin service and then raising the cost of it really has me irked.

Me too, we’ve had three cruises this year and the first two we were in a suite so unaffected by the change. The last one was on Navigator  in August in an OV cabin with once daily service.  Our cabin steward was amazing and went out of his way repeatedly for us.   I do t expect that to be consistently repeated. We’ve got two weeks in December in standard balcony cabins. We’ll see how it is. 

Oddly enough, many of the items in my cruise planner are noticeably cheaper than yesterday. Refreshment package is now 23.99/pp-pd vs 33.99 yesterday. All specialty lunch is 40% off. I wonder if they’ve already started the sale. 

Edited by Newcruiser215
  • Like 3

I just redid an excursion in Roatan for $20 pp less than what I originally paid. Also some other excursions I was watching are cheaper as well.  Unfortunately, the bev package is still the same b0go 50% off.  I am still hoping they go down more but we'll see.  

• Like 2

Checked cruise planner and some price drop from yesterday. Beverage package $69.99. Refreshment package $23.99 on Radiance of the Seas March 2024 cruise. Do you think it'll go lower? I should probably just grab it at this price...

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am seeing some sale items for cococay on the app but not letting me book them.   Hideaway sale for $30.99, beach club $98, jet ski $59 pp, 

That is a good price for beach club.   

The sale is live for some of our cruises.  Just booked beach club for $113.  It was at $216 for a long time.  

• Like 2