Regal Princess - Galveston, TX - Holiday Inn

beshears

Even though February seems a long ways off, the 8 of us are getting more excited of doing our trip. Five of us were together tonight and we started discussing WHERE we were going to stay in Galveston, the day before the cruise. It looks like it might be Holiday Inn. If you have ever stayed at the Holiday Inn in Galveston, TX , would you mind giving your pros/cons of this hotel. Also, does it serve breakfast too?

Holiday Inns typically have a restaurant and either charges for breakfast as they normally have a restaurant with menus or they allow you to book at a package rate that includes breakfast if you book on the hotel's or IHG website.

Holiday Inn Express includes a basic breakfast with the standard items setup in a breakfast room.  There is generally prepackaged items (yogurts, pasties, etc...), cereals, cinnamon rolls, a tray with one meat item, and a tray with either scrambled eggs or some egg based disc that looks like a frozen omelet that was heated up in a microwave.

Edited by loanshark

8 hours ago, beshears said:

Thank you for the input. All I know is this Holiday Inn is on the beach. Thanks for letting me know they have breakfast too.

All three Holiday Inns (2 are Express) are on Seawall Blvd. Be sure you make a reservation at the correct one.

Thank you all for your advice. Actually when booking our reservations for our flights in February, the customer rep mentioned (after we had mentioned none of us had ever been to Galveston) that Galveston was a pretty neat place to check out, which sounds good, as our flight will be coming in early in the afternoon.

7 hours ago, clackey said:

Be aware that Galveston has a Mardi Gras celebration in February.  I think that it is the 2nd this year.  The town gets pretty crowded then and hotel prices go through the roof.

Yep, Mardi Gras next year is February 2 - 13, 2024.

Mardi Gras! Galveston 2024 | February 2 - 13, 2024 (mardigrasgalveston.com)

Thank you all for your advice in regard to Holiday Inn and what is going on in February in Galveston. Actually I am leaving that part up to my d-i-l, as her son/my grandson works for this company where there are certain discounts he can get on some hotels, and Holiday Inn on the beach is one of them. When she showed us the price, we thought it was pretty good, but then she said that was the "discounted" price, so we KNEW we were getting a good deal through where my grandson works.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, beshears said:

Thank you all for your advice in regard to Holiday Inn and what is going on in February in Galveston. Actually I am leaving that part up to my d-i-l, as her son/my grandson works for this company where there are certain discounts he can get on some hotels, and Holiday Inn on the beach is one of them. When she showed us the price, we thought it was pretty good, but then she said that was the "discounted" price, so we KNEW we were getting a good deal through where my grandson works.

As I said earlier, there are 3 Holiday Inns on the beach (across the street, actually), so be sure you know which one you have reserved.

• 1 month later...