Change to Sky Junior Suite Benefits

15 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

Complimentary internet was never included because there were no such categories on these ships.

Technically you're right in saying "was never" and "were no such." The Sky Junior Suites were announced for cruises beginning in May 2025.

According to the original announcement, free Wi-Fi was among the perks. Now, it will no longer be included. That is what's being taken away.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

According to the original announcement, free Wi-Fi was among the perks. Now, it will no longer be included. That is what's being taken away.

This was my point exactly.

Was it actually announced that it would be included? Have people already agreed to book these suites at a price which included wi-fi which it has now been taken away?  Will these guests receive compensation for not receiving what they purchased. This is a bigger issue for me than whether certain categories include certain amenities, which when inconsistent, I agree is misleading and confusing.

OR,  did they book something assuming this would be included, when in actual fact nothing was defined and they booked blindly?

37 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

Complimentary internet was never included because there were no such categories on these ships.

19 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Technically you're right in saying "was never" and "were no such." The Sky Junior Suites were announced for cruises beginning in May 2025.

Actually Sky Junior suites were launched almost a year ago with the Icon and then again last summer for the Utopia and they absolutely did include and those 2 ships still include the internet. 

While technically you are correct in those ships never had that category one would have naturally assumed that the same staterooms in the same class of ship would have the same perks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Actually Sky Junior suites were launched almost a year ago with the Icon and then again last summer for the Utopia and they absolutely did include and those 2 ships still include the internet. 

While technically you are correct in those ships never had that category one would have naturally assumed that the same staterooms in the same class of ship would have the same perks.

You know what happens when you assume, Royal has different perks for different classes and different countries across the board.

Definitely no consistency.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

You know what happens when you assume, Royal has different perks for different classes and different countries across the board.

Definitely no consistency.

But until now they did not have different perks for the same cabin on the same class of ship.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Wifi would be the main perk. Takes away a lot of the reason to book one. You would think they wanted to push the price higher with all perks.

This.

WiFi included would be pretty much the only reason I would pay more for the Sky JS vs. the normal JS. Without that, I don't see any reason to pay extra. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for the clarification, Ken. I should have specified that I was talking about the broader Oasis (minus Utopia) and Quantum classes.

On 11/8/2023 at 12:43 PM, cruisingator2 said:

This is why we seldom book above a JS unless it’s a ship that has full suite benefits. Just not worth it. I usually put in a low bid for RU and sometimes we get it. If not, a JS works fine. Celebrity recently made a few changes on the Sky suite but they still receive entrance to Luminae, Premium Wi-Fi, Premium Drink package and the Retreat. Sky suites lost butler service, OBC and gratuities. 

which ship has JS that gets full suite benefits

On 11/8/2023 at 6:22 PM, schooner_Drinker said:

Glad we only have on Icon & Utopia then.

We won’t be booking any of the other JY Junior Suites o the ships that don’t qualify for full Sky Class bennies 

I concur!

In one breath they say that Sky JS have all the benefits THEN, except for WiFi... I don't get it!

• 1 month later...

Including Wi-Fi for Suites ( on all classes of ships) in my estimation could yield much more spending on board. When one feels like a value for money is had I believe the actual on board euphoric spending would go up. Personally when I feel nickle and dimed I purposely spend less onboard. It's a mindset, the higher cost of suites should yield true suite perks, wi-fi for sure. Come on Mr. Liberty, stop being so stingy!

• Like 2

On 11/8/2023 at 8:32 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has changed the benefits for Sky Junior Suites for all but Icon, Utopia and Spectrum.

Complimentary Wi-Fi is no longer included.

https://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/ship/odyssey-of-the-seas/accommodations/

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

image.thumb.png.7c26f7a8862f3030b168c409d272ada4.png

I thought Icon is the only class that has Sky Junior Suites?