Change to Sky Junior Suite Benefits

Royal has changed the benefits for Sky Junior Suites for all but Icon, Utopia and Spectrum.

Complimentary Wi-Fi is no longer included.

https://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/ship/odyssey-of-the-seas/accommodations/

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

image.thumb.png.7c26f7a8862f3030b168c409d272ada4.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 4

39 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has changed the benefits for Sky Junior Suites for all but Icon, Utopia and Spectrum.

Complimentary Wi-Fi is no longer included.

Won't affect me but that's pretty weak.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

What other ships, other than Icon, Utopia and Spectrum, have Sky Junior Suites?

All of Oasis and Quantum class (they each now have 8 per ship) that start with sailings released for May 1, 2025 and beyond (new sailings)

Announced a couple weeks ago with the recategorization of a few categories.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

It is disappointing to see Royal further mixing up suite benefits across the fleet. 

The matrix of "if this ship then these suite benefits, if that ship then those suite benefits" was already inconsistent and confusing.  

Now, within Oasis and Quantum class it isn't consistent.  This is a move in the wrong direction.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

It is disappointing to see Royal further mixing up suite benefits across the fleet. 

The matrix of "if this ship then these suite benefits, if that ship then those suite benefits" was already inconsistent and confusing.  

Now, within Oasis and Quantum class it isn't consistent.  This is a move in the wrong direction.  

Very disappointing, I wrote a few letters this morning.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

So it's ok to add more people to the suite lounge/happy hour and Coastal Kitchen, but not ok to toss in the wifi?  That's pretty messed up, at least in my opinion.  I still think it's wrong that they don't include wifi with all full suites across the fleet. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, rockmom said:

So it's ok to add more people to the suite lounge/happy hour and Coastal Kitchen, but not ok to toss in the wifi?  That's pretty messed up, at least in my opinion.  I still think it's wrong that they don't include wifi with all full suites across the fleet. 

Agreed, especially on ships that don't have CK and a JS doesn't give you suite lounge access.  The cost even on those ships between balcony and JS is significant enough wifi wouldn't break the bank at all.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Agreed, especially on ships that don't have CK and a JS doesn't give you suite lounge access.  The cost even on those ships between balcony and JS is significant enough wifi wouldn't break the bank at all.  

yep, irks me that if you're in a Grand Suite or Owners suite on, let's say, Navigator or Freedom, you need to purchase wifi. The suites on those ships are not 'cheap' by any means. Toss in the Wifi, Jason Liberty.......

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All of Oasis and Quantum class (they each now have 8 per ship) that start with sailings released for May 1, 2025 and beyond (new sailings)

Announced a couple weeks ago with the recategorization of a few categories.

Have some people already booked these suites expecting certain benefits?

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Agree. First, make suite benefits consistent fleet wide and either make a JS as true suite or change the name removing the word “suite”. I still think RCI could carve out part of the MDR on each ship to add CK like Celebrity did with Luminae. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

Agree....Suites across the fleet should include Voom Surf-n-Stream.

A cheap shot by RCI...but not surprised.

We stay in OS and I've always thought the WiFi should be included and NOT just based on the particular ship I'm sailing on !!!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Agree....Suites across the fleet should include Voom Surf-n-Stream.

A cheap shot by RCI...but not surprised.

We stay in OS and I've always thought the WiFi should be included and NOT just based on the particular ship I'm sailing on !!!

This is why we seldom book above a JS unless it’s a ship that has full suite benefits. Just not worth it. I usually put in a low bid for RU and sometimes we get it. If not, a JS works fine. Celebrity recently made a few changes on the Sky suite but they still receive entrance to Luminae, Premium Wi-Fi, Premium Drink package and the Retreat. Sky suites lost butler service, OBC and gratuities. 

8 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

This is why we seldom book above a JS unless it’s a ship that has full suite benefits. Just not worth it. I usually put in a low bid for RU and sometimes we get it. If not, a JS works fine. Celebrity recently made a few changes on the Sky suite but they still receive entrance to Luminae, Premium Wi-Fi, Premium Drink package and the Retreat. Sky suites lost butler service, OBC and gratuities. 

The only benefit we miss is the wifi. Other than that for us the other benefits we have no interest in. We book for the cabin accommodations. Dining... after many years we've become WJ's only now.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

Sorry I'm struggling to see what has been taken away here.

Nothing, technically, since “Sky Junior Suites” is a brand new cabin category, but you’re going to pay a premium for Sky class and it doesn’t include the same amenities.

And ridiculously it’s the one that probably has the least overhead for them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rockmom said:

yep, irks me that if you're in a Grand Suite or Owners suite on, let's say, Navigator or Freedom, you need to purchase wifi. The suites on those ships are not 'cheap' by any means. Toss in the Wifi, Jason Liberty.......

This, exactly.

• Like 1