Good Off-Site Parking for Miami?

Florida Fan

Terminal A (Royal Caribbean) is up to $30/day now, so I'm looking into off-site parking, preferably with shuttle. My sister recommended Safe Cruise Parking. They look OK, but their return shuttle had a lot of complaints (I can always Uber that part).  Any suggestions?

There is no safe off site parking in the Miami area. I have read too many sad stories regarding parking in the Miami area since I became a member in March 2002. Most downtown Miami locations are in less desirable areas. Many posts report damaged vehicles, gas stolen from vehicles, etc. The only safe place to park your vehicle is at the Port Of Miami. After your cruise you will find your vehicle in the same condition as you left it. Personally , I normally rent a vehicle and return it before embarkation or hire a shuttle service, Uber or Lyft to take my family to the Port of Miami. 

• Thanks 1

We did  a month cruise  & got  a special rate  with Embassy suites   not sure if they still do this  or not

Some airport hotels will off a discounted  parking rate

But you have to take into account cost of getting  to/from the hotel -port

If a shorter cruise I would just park at the port

the 'problem' with off site parking at POM is the fact that the port is smack downtown. Having worked downtown for a few years I can tell you that parking is $$ so establishing a low cost site is somewhat of a problem. IME what happens is a lot may get cleared by tearing down a building and in the interim b4 new construction begins someone runs a parking operation ..... I've tried a couple over the years and each time is was a MISTAKE and would not even bother today ....

the ARE decent off site lots for the AIRPORT that have been around a long time and are safe ... BUT they are at the airport and don't run shuttles to the port. You could use them via the airport but at increased time and $$.