LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

Just now, KKB said:

It's funny--if I have a balcony, I like it open like SV. 

Yet we are perfectly happy w/ IV--prefer it over a covered traditional balcony.

I’m not opposed to giving them all a try… just for the comparison purposes of course. But good Lord, would I need a good diet regimen 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I’m not opposed to giving them all a try… just for the comparison purposes of course. But good Lord, would I need a good diet regimen 🤣

I COMPLETELY understand that after (almost) monthly cruises for the last 18 mos.

When we got back in October, I though SALADS & FISH & no dessert are my new regime.

And then I see escargots & creme brulee on the menu...sigh...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Of course you do, doesn't everybody.  Texas born n bred here and we eat them on cheese grits.  But Shrimp n grits is my favorite....mmmmmm

I do enjoy a good plate of shrimp and grits but honestly, I grew up knowing three things were certain 

Death, taxes, and either butter, egg yoke, or black eye gravy were the only thing you need to add to grits. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Caribbean Princess - very nice ship.

Oh, right, I forgot that it had a very similar design.  We were on in September - nice ship but I will never sail her again.  Staff was great, but design inside makes it too crowded.  Might be OK in the Caribbean though.

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

but it makes me wonder if perhaps Celebrity are testing the waters on how much over the limit they can eek up prices without pushback. 

Naw, they wouldn't do that, right? I mean they've always been above board on all the past issues right?

😂😂😂

😇

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cgolf1 said:

When we were on the Edge in February for the 1/2 PC Transit cruise, the magic carpet was almost always full and it was really hard to even get a seat, which irked me because on our first Edge cruise it was hardly used and it became our favorite spot to sit. Now if the E Class had something that was even a half ****** attempt at a promenade deck it wouldn't have been an issue. Not a lot of oceanview seating on the Edge and I assume the other E class ships.

Oh for oceanview seating at a bar on Ascent you definitely want the Sunset Bar in the back. No question.

• Like 2

@Georgia_Peaches thanks to your heads up I did head straight to Oceanview Cafe for the lunch extravaganza today and then brought up to retreat bar table. Lobster tails, crawfish, mussels, scallops, goat cheese, asiago cheese, and a hunk of pork loin skin (just nibbled a bit). There were tons of shrimp but I didn't have room. Yum!

seafood1.jpg.fb871b15d15d3f39ef59518fd43d2dac.jpg

seafood2.jpg.d12c8a7b1d019d48ee1b40dfdad14d95.jpg

seafood3.jpg.9ff366d6cf9c37f0c800a71ef4f4360a.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Yes the seafood extravaganza was impressive today and cold lobster tails were perfect. There were multiple other seafood dishes at other stations* Grilled fish; big round of Parmesan they were wedging out; grilled calamari; seafood bake; lobster ravioli; seafood ‘Pot pie’. Also had every available meat at the carving stations- turkey, beef, pork, chicken, ham, ?lamb. The only negative were all the vloggers making a nuisance of themselves darting in front of everyone who was in line, to get their photos. 

The food has been exceptional on this cruise. Cannot remember the last cruise where I did not have any bad meals. Jorge, who someone else mentioned, is our waiter in Cyprus at dinner. He’s been with Celebrity for around 25 years! We were supposed to move around to other dining rooms, but decided to stay with him and just order the items we want from the other locations. Since they share a kitchen it’s very easy.

Breakfast in Oceanview provides many options, including a Greek Salad bar! We then move to the Grand Bistro for the CC Elite breakfast, ordering almond croissants, Bellini, cappuccino and exotic fresh fruit plate. 

We are still not sure about these IV cabins and hanging storage is limited for longer cruises, but overall find advantages and disadvantages.

this is best cruise, although short, for many years. We thought our Summit May 2023 was best, but this beats it. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, LoveChops said:

Please could I ask a favour?

Would you post pics of the Martini Bar Menu? We have upgraded to the Premium Package but I'm reading a lot of drinks are now priced at $20. 

Thank you!

Sorry, lighting is off and pics aren’t good. But I checked and The only thing over $17 is the flight. 

IMG_6368.jpeg

IMG_6367.jpeg

IMG_6369.jpeg

IMG_6371.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Some of your food pictures you have posted, no way I could eat all of that in one sitting.  I think it's because I tend to be full from drinking.

27 is the forecasted low in Peachtree City tonight.  GA for those who don't know.  Brr...🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

Some of your food pictures you have posted, no way I could eat all of that in one sitting.  I think it's because I tend to be full from drinking. 🙂

Did I mention that we are dieting starting tomorrow? 😂 DH can put away some food. Not sure how he maintains his Tom Selleck figure. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

@Georgia_Peaches when you receive the disembarkation information can you note the time of self assist walk off? I know from past cruises on E-Class ships it starts very early and when we disembark the Ascent on January 21 we have a 9:45am flight from FLL. Thanks! 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

@Georgia_Peaches when you receive the disembarkation information can you note the time of self assist walk off? I know from past cruises on E-Class ships it starts very early and when we disembark the Ascent on January 21 we have a 9:45am flight from FLL. Thanks! 

I was just told that self assist begins at 7 am. If in Retreat, you can meet the concierge in Fine Cut for priority debarkation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sailing on the Ascent in January to celebrate my 60th birthday with my DW!  We booked a concierge guarantee and assigned a "prime concierge" class room.  Any reviews would be appreciated and more information on the veranda would be helpful.  We always book a veranda room but based upon what I see, this new veranda seems odd.  Thanks in advance!!

5 minutes ago, LuckyCruiser60 said:

Sailing on the Ascent in January to celebrate my 60th birthday with my DW!  We booked a concierge guarantee and assigned a "prime concierge" class room.  Any reviews would be appreciated and more information on the veranda would be helpful.  We always book a veranda room but based upon what I see, this new veranda seems odd.  Thanks in advance!!

Congratulations on your upcoming big 6-0!  I have very little info on the infinite veranda cabin but I know there are tons of cabin tours on YouTube. Many explain how to operate the veranda as well. I hope you enjoy!