Sunday November 19th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Hello Daily Friends ,

Martha and I are starting to get our land legs back and are slowly catching up with what is happening at home .
We have enjoyed our cruise on the Oosterdam very much in company of our very good friends Ann and Pat after we reached Barcelona and with another number of wonderful new CC cruise friends from Canada and the US I hope to show a few nice pictures over time from this cruise .
Too bad we missed a number of Ports that we had been looking forward to due to a couple of large storms in the Mediterranean and also on the Atlantis Ocean .
The crew on the Oosterdam was fantastic , we had a number of crew friends on board that we met over the years that we have cruised with Holland America as long ago as when we cruised on the Prinsendam, the Zaandam and the Eurodam on one of her first cruises in 2009.

I am very late today showing a few pictures of Argostoli because Sailing Dutchy had to watch the Flying Dutchman Max Verstappen  last night win the Las Vegas Grand Prix until 3:30 in the morning , yes there was of coarse an amazing lot of show coming from Las Vegas but there was also very good sport during the race and our guy won again!

Just quickly a few of our pictures from when we were in Argostoli in October of 2022 when the port was a last minute replacement due to the weather and we could not land in Mykonos. Martha stayed on board while I went out to explore a little of the town 

image.thumb.jpeg.fb0ec0072688e84fe6d55456b2d402ac.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5a5847ca3d49008c41cfea5e823f0218.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cc638255d8bc1241d80c070320502935.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aae5810d5eb8911540ab133714754b8d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6eefdbe657c15b7cb34555939fea9999.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.de1f9669165bde50f9aa40de271c5c91.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ddc6024d2fb2be9a63166799e7674f2d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3881abcf141789e5bbff551134214545.jpeg

Martha was all rested up when I arrived back on board and she took me to the Pinnacle ……….! 
image.thumb.jpeg.f27b1725961b5ad633e2d18ec23bfde3.jpeg

Good to be back catching up with the Daily and slowly getting ready for Christmas and our next cruise in January .
( there is going to be frost tonight ……but the sun is still shining ! ) 

Tony 😄😄
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

I hope I added my Thanks icon to all wo wished me a Bon Voyage yesterday. All went smoothly as far as boarding Eurodam went. Waited around 90 minutes for Celebrity Apex to unblock our path to sea. Was able to dine in MDR for lunch but could not book any evening MDR meals - all nights were already booked at 50% capacity. Not relishing standing in line (use a rollator to relieve pain while standing). May make more Specialty Restaurant reservations to avoid MDR wait or Lido line. Wonder if Thanksgiving will be MDR meal ordered for InRoom Dining????

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:
Hello Daily Friends ,

Martha and I are starting to get our land legs back and are slowly catching up with what is happening at home .
We have enjoyed our cruise on the Oosterdam very much in company of our very good friends Ann and Pat after we reached Barcelona and with another number of wonderful new CC cruise friends from Canada and the US I hope to show a few nice pictures over time from this cruise .
Too bad we missed a number of Ports that we had been looking forward to due to a couple of large storms in the Mediterranean and also on the Atlantis Ocean .
The crew on the Oosterdam was fantastic , we had a number of crew friends on board that we met over the years that we have cruised with Holland America as long ago as when we cruised on the Prinsendam, the Zaandam and the Eurodam on one of her first cruises in 2009.

I am very late today showing a few pictures of Argostoli because Sailing Dutchy had to watch the Flying Dutchman Max Verstappen  last night win the Las Vegas Grand Prix until 3:30 in the morning , yes there was of coarse an amazing lot of show coming from Las Vegas but there was also very good sport during the race and our guy won again!

Just quickly a few of our pictures from when we were in Argostoli in October of 2022 when the port was a last minute replacement due to the weather and we could not land in Mykonos. Martha stayed on board while I went out to explore a little of the town 

image.thumb.jpeg.fb0ec0072688e84fe6d55456b2d402ac.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5a5847ca3d49008c41cfea5e823f0218.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cc638255d8bc1241d80c070320502935.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aae5810d5eb8911540ab133714754b8d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6eefdbe657c15b7cb34555939fea9999.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.de1f9669165bde50f9aa40de271c5c91.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ddc6024d2fb2be9a63166799e7674f2d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3881abcf141789e5bbff551134214545.jpeg

Martha was all rested up when I arrived back on board and she took me to the Pinnacle ……….! 
image.thumb.jpeg.f27b1725961b5ad633e2d18ec23bfde3.jpeg

Good to be back catching up with the Daily and slowly getting ready for Christmas and our next cruise in January .
( there is going to be frost tonight ……but the sun is still shining ! ) 

Tony 😄😄

Nice photos of a lovely port Tony.

A nice photo of Martha too.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Feeling much, much better today and very hungry. The meal of the day would be wonderful if someone would only prepare it for me. Seriously today is the first day in almost a month that I have felt hungry. I am still lacking in energy but at least I am getting outside and walking short distances. I believe that I am over all the illnesses, and gaining strength slowly.

Thanks to all who posted photos today; this is another port I have not visited.

Prayers for all who are ill or hurting and cheers for all who are not.

Very sorry to see that Rosalyn Carter has died. She was a wonderful person and a gracious First Lady.

Jane

• Like 17

Good afternoon from a sunny and windy Van Horn, Texas.  We are just a few miles from crossimg into the mountain time zone, which will happen in the morning.  El Paso is in that time zone.

Traveling got a bit harry this afternoon between Pecos and Van Horn.  The worst was before I-20 ended and merged wirh I-10.  We'll have wind in the morning, but not has high as today.  Many of the gusts had to be about 40 mph, and DH had his hands full keeping the motorhome from blowing around too much.

Going through the Permian Basin was interesting.  The area was hit hard by the Covid lockdown.  By April 2022, the oil industry was rebounding, but the area was still not back to pre-Covid days and many business were still closed.  The difference today was really something.  Fracking is now in full swing since they have all the infrastrreucture in place.  There are more businesses and a lot of new buildings.  There are also many new large storage tanks, and facilities to transfer the crude oil from small feeder pipelines to the larger pipelines. The area is definitely in a huge boom.

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

All good days today, I like rum so would probably like the drink, will pass on the red wine and the meal sounds yummy but for another time.  I'll be having my labs on Tuesday, so I must be good. 😉  The port looks lovely, thanks for posting Lenda's @Quartzsite Cruiser photos Sandi @StLouisCruisers.  It's one we haven't been to, but would love to see.

Not a good night's sleep last night, my mind wouldn't turn off. Maybe I can grab a nap today, but then I wouldn't sleep tonight....We made good progress yesterday on the Christmas gifts and starting the packing of the bags that will be forwarded.  Lots more to do, but we have a few weeks.  

My BFF tested negative -- hurrah!  So lunch tomorrow is still a go.  

Annie @marshhawk I hope Chuck is ok today after his fall.  

Bruce @aliaschief Sorry you aren't feeling well and also hope you can get some help with the knee issue.  You can't miss that cruise!

Bon Voyage @Cruzin Terri!!

Carolyn, I hope your lab numbers show more improvement.  That is good news your BFF tested negative.

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I'll celebrate men 😜. Women entrepreneurs are fortunately more common. And a big salute to those who adopt, from an adoptee! Good quote. I like the meal (it's a staple of get togethers and weddings in Western PA). Maybe on the drink, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Kefalonia Island. An important day in history.

It's sunny here, but we'll barely get above 50 later. Good football weather, although the Steelers are in Cleveland. Same old issues with me. I didn't go to watch the hockey game on TV with my UK friends. I was so tired from lack of sleep. I'm trying to do a bit of cleaning today, as my back/leg allows.

@Cruzin Terri Bon Voyage to you and Jim!

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for posting Lenda's photos.

@aliaschief Bruce, I hope you're feeling better today, and that your knee will not be a hindrance to cruising.

@Denise T Enjoy taking it easy this week.

@RMLincoln I'm glad you got a bit of rest. Enjoy the grandkids being there to help today.

@Haljo1935 Prayers for your GI issues to clear up before your cruise. 

@kochleffel Sorry to hear about the interfaith Thanksgiving service issues.

@Seasick Sailor Prayers that nothing interferes with you getting to the port on time. 

@ottahand7 I'll have to look into that McCullough book; he's from here and I've read several of his books. I met him many years ago. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser It's good to hear that the motorhome bed was comfortable. Continued safe travels. 

@rafinmd Enjoy the return through the locks; it's fascinating. I'd like to go through again.

@Cruising-along Great news that your BFF tested negative.

@marshhawk I hope your breathing is better today and that DH has no lasting effects from his fall.

@mamaofami Thinking of you and Sam.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm sorry you're still in so much pain.  Thanks for the good wishes.

6 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning. Managed to sleep in this morning and the dogs cooperated. It must be the cold and damp weather. We are having a light rain/snow mix. Will have to time dog walks carefully. The dumpster is frozen shut. Hopefully it will thaw this afternoon.

Today's meal looks good.... but I will be dealing with my usual Sunday leftovers and working on that long "to do" list which needs to be done by the time I leave for San Diego. I am not doing very well on packing for the cruise.... still in the thinking stage and finding that some clothes I was planning to take no longer fit. Glad I have free laundry.

Soooo back to work. Best wishes to all.

Susan

Susan, I hope the weather improves.  Now you have a reason to get some new clothes.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Rosalynn Carter has died, age 96.

Vanessa, thank you for letting us konw.  It is sad but not unexpected news.  She was always gracious and supportive of her husband.  RIP

12 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Feeling much, much better today and very hungry. The meal of the day would be wonderful if someone would only prepare it for me. Seriously today is the first day in almost a month that I have felt hungry. I am still lacking in energy but at least I am getting outside and walking short distances. I believe that I am over all the illnesses, and gaining strength slowly.

Thanks to all who posted photos today; this is another port I have not visited.

Prayers for all who are ill or hurting and cheers for all who are not.

Very sorry to see that Rosalyn Carter has died. She was a wonderful person and a gracious First Lady.

Jane

Jane, it's good to read some good news on the medical front.  I'm happy you are now hungry, and are able to get outside and walk short distances.

Now, it's time to fix some supper.  Tonight, it will be ham and cheese sandwiches.  With wine, even if it isn't one that really goes with the meal.  After all, were "roughing" it.  😁

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Again late to the party today.  I got up, fixed whomp biscuits and sausage , then had left over bbq on a biscuit for lunch.  I even made dinner.  But the time in the store was about to knock me over!  I seem to be able to walk the dog but I tell her to go slow and stop often.

Chuck did hit that table hard enough yesterday to bust his face, under his blind eye and it was still bleeding slightly this morning.. 

But we got done today what needed to get done, tomorrow is more errands, and then tuesday will be a trip to the farmers market for the thanksgiving meal.  We are doing beef tenderloin, baked potatoes, corn bread pudding and creamed onions.  Dessert will be a pecan pie.  I wanted to get french silk, but couldnt find any, and I dont bake. 

Today the sky was blue- air so clean, and we are expected to get a heck of  a stormy day on Tuesday. 

Max Verstappen is not my favorite driver by any means, but he is good.  And the race was good.  Interesting , not just a run away.  But can someone please tell me why the race had to be in the middle of the night?  I waited until this morning to watch it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Again late to the party today.  I got up, fixed whomp biscuits and sausage , then had left over bbq on a biscuit for lunch.  I even made dinner.  But the time in the store was about to knock me over!  I seem to be able to walk the dog but I tell her to go slow and stop often.

Chuck did hit that table hard enough yesterday to bust his face, under his blind eye and it was still bleeding slightly this morning.. 

But we got done today what needed to get done, tomorrow is more errands, and then tuesday will be a trip to the farmers market for the thanksgiving meal.  We are doing beef tenderloin, baked potatoes, corn bread pudding and creamed onions.  Dessert will be a pecan pie.  I wanted to get french silk, but couldnt find any, and I dont bake. 

Today the sky was blue- air so clean, and we are expected to get a heck of  a stormy day on Tuesday. 

Max Verstappen is not my favorite driver by any means, but he is good.  And the race was good.  Interesting , not just a run away.  But can someone please tell me why the race had to be in the middle of the night?  I waited until this morning to watch it.

You had a pretty full day.  It sounds like you are getting better!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

All good days today, I like rum so would probably like the drink, will pass on the red wine and the meal sounds yummy but for another time.  I'll be having my labs on Tuesday, so I must be good. 😉  The port looks lovely, thanks for posting Lenda's @Quartzsite Cruiser photos Sandi @StLouisCruisers.  It's one we haven't been to, but would love to see.

Not a good night's sleep last night, my mind wouldn't turn off. Maybe I can grab a nap today, but then I wouldn't sleep tonight....We made good progress yesterday on the Christmas gifts and starting the packing of the bags that will be forwarded.  Lots more to do, but we have a few weeks.  

My BFF tested negative -- hurrah!  So lunch tomorrow is still a go.  

Annie @marshhawk I hope Chuck is ok today after his fall.  

Bruce @aliaschief Sorry you aren't feeling well and also hope you can get some help with the knee issue.  You can't miss that cruise!

Bon Voyage @Cruzin Terri!!

Thank you

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you have a wonderful cruise Terri.

Thank you Graham

10 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I'll celebrate men 😜. Women entrepreneurs are fortunately more common. And a big salute to those who adopt, from an adoptee! Good quote. I like the meal (it's a staple of get togethers and weddings in Western PA). Maybe on the drink, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Kefalonia Island. An important day in history.

It's sunny here, but we'll barely get above 50 later. Good football weather, although the Steelers are in Cleveland. Same old issues with me. I didn't go to watch the hockey game on TV with my UK friends. I was so tired from lack of sleep. I'm trying to do a bit of cleaning today, as my back/leg allows.

@Cruzin Terri Bon Voyage to you and Jim!

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for posting Lenda's photos.

@aliaschief Bruce, I hope you're feeling better today, and that your knee will not be a hindrance to cruising.

@Denise T Enjoy taking it easy this week.

@RMLincoln I'm glad you got a bit of rest. Enjoy the grandkids being there to help today.

@Haljo1935 Prayers for your GI issues to clear up before your cruise. 

@kochleffel Sorry to hear about the interfaith Thanksgiving service issues.

@Seasick Sailor Prayers that nothing interferes with you getting to the port on time. 

@ottahand7 I'll have to look into that McCullough book; he's from here and I've read several of his books. I met him many years ago. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser It's good to hear that the motorhome bed was comfortable. Continued safe travels. 

@rafinmd Enjoy the return through the locks; it's fascinating. I'd like to go through again.

@Cruising-along Great news that your BFF tested negative.

@marshhawk I hope your breathing is better today and that DH has no lasting effects from his fall.

@mamaofami Thinking of you and Sam.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

Thank you for the good wishes Vanessa.

Terri

• Like 8

Thank you all for the Bon Voyage wishes.

i hope I did not miss anyone to thank.  if I did it was not intentional.

I will post tomorrow with some stories of our adventures and hopefully a few photos.

Right now I am tired and it is bedtime.

Good Night and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 10