Ocean Medallion App - Part 4

Host CJSKIDS

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Are you writing about old App or new App because this is the old App thread?

I not sure which app I meant but I just found a cancel order option on the old app.  I didn’t click it though because I have ordered delivery with no charge and don’t want to make any more changes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

I not sure which app I meant but I just found a cancel order option on the old app.  I didn’t click it though because I have ordered delivery with no charge and don’t want to make any more changes. 

It’s in the new app as well but worded differently.  It says “Request cancellation” there.

• Like 1

@Steelers36 As always, you are my editor.  Wrong thread, NEW app.  Couldn't do it on my old app.  Although, as far as I know, old app is still functioning.  ONLY not for me.  Haven't been able to do anything on old app.  But it's still on my phone and unwilling to delete it yet.

• Thanks 1

We sail Friday (finally!) and I’d like to link my Medallion with those of at least some of my 24 traveling companions. However, I don’t see a Traveling Companions tab on the app this year. What’s up with that?

Just now, kasaba said:

We sail Friday (finally!) and I’d like to link my Medallion with those of at least some of my 24 traveling companions. However, I don’t see a Traveling Companions tab on the app this year. What’s up with that?

I think you need to be onboard and connected to the system before you can do any of that.

1 hour ago, kasaba said:

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

I think you need to be onboard and connected to the system before you can do any of that.

My Shipmates is located under My Profile in the NEW APP, and yes, you need to be onboard to be able to access it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kamelia said:

My Shipmates is located under My Profile in the NEW APP, and yes, you need to be onboard to be able to access it.

How do you make reservations in the MDR for folks in more than one cabin?  I linked in the old app and was able to do that. Or is that something entirely different?

Edited by BamaVol

36 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

How do you make reservations in the MDR for folks in more than one cabin?  I linked in the old app and was able to do that. Or is that something entirely different?

I didn't have a need to check that out during my most recent cruise and have disembarked at this point.  We are cruising in September with another couple, and as I know that our bookings were linked on the old app, I looked at the new app just now to see if I could make dining reservations with them (as per your question), but I cannot access My Shipmates, so no joy.  It sure would not be an improvement if we'll have to wait until we board to see them as Shipmates to finally make dining reservations, imo.  Wish I could have helped with a better answer.  

54 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

@BamaVol.  You can add them during the DMW set up in the app.  I have reserve class dining so the steps may be a little different.  I went to “book dining”, then chose the little heart to view my current reservation, then chose a date and selected “add reservation”, chose a speciality restaurant then scrolled down to “guests” and clicked on that.  On the resulting page there is a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that then add your shipmates booking number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@t&atravel - even following those steps I do not see how to book MDR on the new app, but this could also be because I'm booked on the Sun Princess and there certainly have been a number of comments from passengers who were having issues making any dining reservations on that ship specifically.  🥴

• Like 1

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

@BamaVol.  You can add them during the DMW set up in the app.  I have reserve class dining so the steps may be a little different.  I went to “book dining”, then chose the little heart to view my current reservation, then chose a date and selected “add reservation”, chose a specialty restaurant then scrolled down to “guests” and clicked on that.  On the resulting page there is a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that then add your shipmates booking number.

This makes sense to me.  My Shipmates is a different feature than adding guests for dining reservations in the old App, so I imagine it is the same thing in the new App.

• Like 1

I have premier plus, made dining reservations it it only gave me 1 free and charged for the rest, I have 4. Should I wait until onboard to get a refund? Also want to edit times of reservations but each time it fails to change in the app. Should I ring and if so - can anyone kindly share the number 

4 minutes ago, beach_fever_4ever said:

We have the new Plus package, but the app is charging $10 for shipping. What is the phone number you are calling to resolve this issue?

Call 1-800-774-6237 and ask to speak with someone who can help your issue. 

33 minutes ago, beach_fever_4ever said:

We have the new Plus package, but the app is charging $10 for shipping. What is the phone number you are calling to resolve this issue?

We have seen that statement when we ordered.the medallion but we never incur a charge. If we did I would go through my CVP to take care of it

Edited by memoak

15 hours ago, beach_fever_4ever said:

Make sure you have completed all the necessary steps in the check in and both are marked in the "Green Lane".  If not, the app defaults to you picking up the medallion at the port.

If this is the case, then cancel the medallion orders and finish the check in process then go back and order the medallions and the shipping charges will be dropped.  I had this experience recently and this solved the problem.

• Like 1

Watch your credit card statements.

I have the Plus 50 package so as expected, got charged the $10 shipping for the medallion. OK, whatever. When I got my credit card statement, I had 3 separate line items on the same date for that $10 shipping fee. 🤪

I disputed it with my credit card company...don't want to play the phone game with an obvious duplication.....

This was done with the old app.

Edited by dreaminofcruisin

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I have the Plus 50 package so as expected

Maybe a dumb question, but what is the "Plus 50" package?  I am guessing it's different from the regular Plus?

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Watch your credit card statements.

I have the Plus 50 package so as expected, got charged the $10 shipping for the medallion. OK, whatever. When I got my credit card statement, I had 3 separate line items on the same date for that $10 shipping fee. 🤪

I disputed it with my credit card company...don't want to play the phone game with an obvious duplication.....

This was done with the old app.

Did you order medallions for 3 passengers ?

23 minutes ago, mamafun said:

Maybe a dumb question, but what is the "Plus 50" package?  I am guessing it's different from the regular Plus?

Those who booked with the Plus package prior to December of 2022 paid $50/day. When Princess changed was what was included and raised the price to $60/day, instead of doing the logical thing and grandfather in those who paid $50/day, they decided we didn't get the 'new' benefits. Sometimes those were things that previously were included, but now only came with the Plus package, like the medallion shipping. In addition to being a pretty trashy move by Princess, it caused a whole lot of confusion and anger. 

☹️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chacam said:

Our Medallions are out for delivery today via usps for March 7 on Enchanted. When I ordered them, it said $10 delivery, but no charges on my cc yet.  We are Princess Plus.

I believe you will not see any charges just a glitch in the system 

• Like 1