Hideaway beach impact on Coco Cay

edrussell

17 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Have you ever spent anytime after lunch near the main bar at Oasis lagoon ? I don't think you could create more of a loud party atmosphere than is already available there ! 

Because of this , I'm surprised they are implying the adult only will be made to be a party area of any kind .

Cheers

I think that is the purpose, it would make sense they move the DJ from lagoon pool to Hideway as oppose to offer two pool areas with DJs, but one with a fee.

16 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Silly me, when I first heard about it, I thought it was going to be a quiet, serene place for adults, with nothing but the ocean lapping at the beach, and the servers footsteps across the sand, to disturb that peace.

Lol I was thinking the same thing, with the word "hideaway" in its name.

• Like 1

No one REALLY knows for 100% certain that the DJ will be cranking out high volume music a-la Oasis Lagoon.   All the press indicates a DJ for sure, but the vibe may end up a lot different.  I sure as heck hope so anyway.  Money ultimately talks so if they come out of the gate with a party atmosphere and it doesn't work then they will surely pivot.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2023 at 12:53 PM, edrussell said:

My wife and I were chatting about Hideaway beach last night (we are booked on Wonder going to Coco Cay in Feb 2024) and we checked via the cruise planner and the price was still quite low for the day.  Now we are NOT excursion type people on Coco Cay.  In all of our visits we've never spent a cent on anything there except for tips and have had a blast on every visit.  We love it there.  Was wondering what people thought the impact would be of Hideaway beach?  On busy larger ship days I see it as a positive to spread the crowds out a little.  We aren't likely to pay for access, but I am willing to bet many will.

Many will, but we are like you, we don't spend a dime out there except for tips.  It looks like it will be a total party area, which is not our thing.  We are totally happy grabbing our free loungers/umbrella on Chill Island Beach by Wacky Seagull and totally relaxing for the day.  Buffets are great and offer so many options.  We have the bev pkg, so drinks are included.  We go to CocoCay at least 10 times a year and love it.

• Like 1

I bought Hideaway beach for our September 2024 Wonder cruise. The $33.99 price was right at my cutoff price for what I  was willing to pay. I’m one of the many who will be watching the reviews and if it turns out to be as loud as the current description promises I will definitely be cancelling. 

19 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

We were there with Anthem the other week and it was crowded 

For the doubters it was packed 

So agree Hideaway could lessen that crowding 

Just curious, which beaches/pool areas did you survey while you were there?  

• Like 1

We pulled the trigger on Hideaway Beach, willing to gamble $38 (Black Friday sale). We booked an Ocean Villa on Great Stirrup Cay (NCL) and was jealous of the party atmosphere we heard at the other beach. At Hideaway, we are hoping to shake our booty, drink in hand, sand in our toes.....just no kids running around screaming.

• Like 4

Have Hideaway Beach and Beach club both booked, will see how the reviews go to and cancel one.  Definitely don’t want the Vegas blasting music, Oasis pool can be bad enough late afternoon if anywhere near the bar.  I get lot of folks like that and I did back in my younger days 🤣.  Now I rather  prefer a quieter time and more like  the Original Coco Cay before  it became a mini theme park. 

I do worry about the crowds. If your the 2nd ship arriving it’s hard to get a nice spot to chill, can only imaging if your the 3rd. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Have you ever spent anytime after lunch near the main bar at Oasis lagoon ? I don't think you could create more of a loud party atmosphere than is already available there ! 

Because of this , I'm surprised they are implying the adult only will be made to be a party area of any kind .

That makes sense.  I don't think you'll have enough loud, party people to justify two such locations.  

2 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

We passed Chill and South - loungers were packed in like sardines, you could hardly see the beach 🏖️ 

Exaggeration. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 1:38 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

I was definitely opposed to it when it was first advertised because it sounded like a non-stop, loud party instead of a relaxing beach day. There is less emphasis on the party atmosphere now. I just checked (since you brought it to my attention), and it has a 50% off Black Friday price of $28.99 (total for two is $64 with taxes) for April 2024. I booked it with the intent to check reviews carefully and cancel if my first impression was correct. 

If I booked it after already deciding it wasn’t for me, I suspect there will be plenty of other people who book it just out of curiosity. It was the $28.99 price that caught my attention. 

Although I think it should be free, $29 pp seems fair! Great buy!

• Thanks 1

Our ICON day in September got down to $63 at its lowest and is now back up to 75 pp.  So glad we snagged them at the low price.  But I think it's so unfair that Icon is higher than other ships.  Makes no sense and having to pay the higher pricing for ICON???  Money grubbers!  GRRRRR

46 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Our ICON day in September got down to $63 at its lowest and is now back up to 75 pp.  So glad we snagged them at the low price.  But I think it's so unfair that Icon is higher than other ships.  Makes no sense and having to pay the higher pricing for ICON???  Money grubbers!  GRRRRR

It's higher because people (including you) are willing to pay a higher price. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

We got it for mid-high $30's for our Oasis cruise in a couple of weeks. We are sharing CC with Freedom so hoping Hideaway will be a little less crowded. Also looking forward to trying the new food options there: coconut shrimp, pizza, empanadas, etc...

On 12/9/2023 at 7:21 PM, BecciBoo said:

My Thanksgiving on Symphony is currently at $71. We share Coco Cay with Oasis that day I believe. I’m paying close attention for when my spring break cruise on Symphony opens for Coco cay bookings to see how much it is on there. We will be there with Wonder on the trip.

Also pricing is based on current sales as Royal uses dynamic pricing so it’s also impacting the other ship there at Coco Cay the day Icon is there. In theory it should be priced the same as Icon. You can expect days with Icon and Oasis class or two Oasis classes there the same day to get more and more expensive as sales are made. While days with only one ship at Coco cay will always have the cheapest.

Edited by wreckem2013

19 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I wouldn't buy it myself, but $29 seems like a fair price for what it offers.  

We got it for $33 pp for Oasis next December. That was during the BF sale.  At that price it is worth giving a shot.  If I don't like it I can always just walk away and go somewhere else.

• Like 1