Suite Perks

SeaMee

I am another cruiser who hasn't been on a Royal cruise in years.  Booking family cruise for the fall.  We are all in Grand suites.  Can you tell me what perks are included?  I know Coastal kitchen.  

Also, my son is Diamond but his bride is not.  So he gets 5 drinks a day, but not her?  

10 minutes ago, SeaMee said:

I am another cruiser who hasn't been on a Royal cruise in years.  Booking family cruise for the fall.  We are all in Grand suites.  Can you tell me what perks are included?  I know Coastal kitchen.  

Also, my son is Diamond but his bride is not.  So he gets 5 drinks a day, but not her?  

What ship?

Since you mention Coastal Kitchen you must be on Oasis, Quantum or Icon class. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

Grand Suites are "Sky" class.

Edited by twangster

3 minutes ago, SeaMee said:

Coastal kitchen

Coastal Kitchen is the restaurant. I believe you are referring to the Suite Lounge. Wine and beer are available for free all day there (starting at 11 am I think). Free appetizers and cocktails are available during happy hours, which can vary. Generally around 5-8 pm.

Sky Perks:

- Coastal Kitchen access

- Suite lounge, with apps/drinks 5-8

- Probably free beer/wine in the lounge 11-11 (note, not on all ships but yes if Coastal Kitchen ship)

- Expedited entry on ship/suite lounge

- Expedited departure from ship

- Lounge concierge to assist with dinner/excursion reservations/other issues etc

- Double points

- Free room services including ordering from the main dining room

- Free internet (note not on all ships, but yes on Oasis etc)

Edited by KSprite01
  • Like 2

Select Wine and Beer from 11a-11p. Others have said Water and Soda are available too 

Happy Hour limited cocktails and appetizers and petit fours 

Edited by LilBlackDress

Not impressed by bartenders in harmony suite lounge , extremely weak drinks , they try to give you cheaper wines and liquor. Only night that was crowded was first rest were fine , there is only 5 barstools and we were able to get seats except for first night. WiFi which is free with grand suite on oasis class has been pretty good.

2 hours ago, George C said:

Not impressed by bartenders in harmony suite lounge , extremely weak drinks , they try to give you cheaper wines and liquor. Only night that was crowded was first rest were fine , there is only 5 barstools and we were able to get seats except for first night. WiFi which is free with grand suite on oasis class has been pretty good.

First night is always busiest. They serve filets for dinner that evening. Probably better than chops in my opinion

15 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

First night is always busiest. They serve filets for dinner that evening. Probably better than chops in my opinion

I doubt anything in CK would be as good as something from chops , so far we had a excellent filet for both lunch and dinner and will definitely go back for at least one more dinner . Apparently they allow all pinnacles in CK first night after that just top 30 percent. We also enjoyed Jamie’s and will do that again tonight. CK for breakfast and lunch is mediocre so far . ( we have had issues with chops on other ships but so far on harmony it’s been great , also love that they have there red wines slightly chilled), in past happy hour was always 5 to 8 on harmony this week it’s 4:30 to 7:30

Edited by George C

On 11/30/2023 at 8:47 AM, George C said:

they try to give you cheaper wines and liquor.

Surely they give you what you ask for, within the limits of what they have available? i doubt they have a full bar set up for free drinks.

17 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Surely they give you what you ask for, within the limits of what they have available? i doubt they have a full bar set up for free drinks.

They had fairly large selection, had several Hennessy every day and they had makers mark etc, my wife asked for a wine and was told it wasn’t covered , then I asked another bartender how much over the limit and was told a dollar, I told him we will pay the dollar.

7 minutes ago, George C said:

They had fairly large selection, had several Hennessy every day and they had makers mark etc, my wife asked for a wine and was told it wasn’t covered , then I asked another bartender how much over the limit and was told a dollar, I told him we will pay the dollar.

That sounds normal. I don’t understand your original comment -  it sounded as though supplies were restricted and you were unable to get what you preferred. 

The problem was just that first day when all the tables were full and bar area was standing room only , rest of the week was fine but bartenders wouldn’t pour doubles like we can get on celebrity, they were friendly and appreciated our tips with every drink.

1 minute ago, George C said:

The problem was just that first day when all the tables were full and bar area was standing room only , rest of the week was fine but bartenders wouldn’t pour doubles like we can get on celebrity, they were friendly and appreciated our tips with every drink.

Lol, twice as many tips if they pour singles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are staying in Feb in a Crown Loft suite on Symphony.  Can we make our CK reservations for dinner at the dining time we want prior to the cruise?  Or do we have to board and hope for the best times available if not taken already?  I seem to recall when we sailed Harmony (in 2019) also in a CL, a suite concierge contacted us prior to the cruise by email.  Does this still happen?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

I seem to recall when we sailed Harmony (in 2019) also in a CL, a suite concierge contacted us prior to the cruise by email.  Does this still happen?

Yes, and they can take care of booking CK before sailing.

Just now, Biker19 said:

Thank you!  We have sailed only Celebrity post-pandemic and not RCCL.  This will be our first time since that Harmony cruise.  No reservations needed for Luminae on Celebrity.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 5:21 AM, TeeRick said:

We are staying in Feb in a Crown Loft suite on Symphony.  Can we make our CK reservations for dinner at the dining time we want prior to the cruise?  Or do we have to board and hope for the best times available if not taken already?  I seem to recall when we sailed Harmony (in 2019) also in a CL, a suite concierge contacted us prior to the cruise by email.  Does this still happen?

On 12/2/2023 at 5:23 AM, Biker19 said:

I'm on my first RC cruise on Sunday, and in a Sky level suite.  You're saying a concierge will contact me?  Someone told me it would be a week before the cruise, and that was today.  While we do eat late, I'd hate to have to eat in open seating main dining because I couildn't get in to Coastal Kitchen (which is advertised as a perk of my room).  Thanks

3 hours ago, abbydancer said:

You're saying a concierge will contact me?  Someone told me it would be a week before the cruise, and that was today.

It’s about a week but not exactly to the day. Look for an email in the next couple of days. 

4 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I'm on my first RC cruise on Sunday, and in a Sky level suite.  You're saying a concierge will contact me?  Someone told me it would be a week before the cruise, and that was today.  While we do eat late, I'd hate to have to eat in open seating main dining because I couildn't get in to Coastal Kitchen (which is advertised as a perk of my room).  Thanks

5 days prior to sail day seems to be standard these days