WiFi pricing increasing next week

BlerkOne

What the heck does that mean? I would think they are increasing. If decreasing, I'll cancel and repurchase.

NEW WI-FI PRICING GOES IN PLACE SOON

You should know that we are adjusting Wi-Fi pricing on Friday, December 8, 2023. Make sure to add your Wi-Fi package early to lock in the current package price for your upcoming cruise.

24 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

What the heck does that mean? I would think they are increasing. If decreasing, I'll cancel and repurchase.

You should know that we are adjusting Wi-Fi pricing on Friday, December 8, 2023. Make sure to add your Wi-Fi package early to lock in the current package price for your upcoming cruise.

Its been very expensive and i bet many were not getting it. I was getting it for 24 hours twice a cruise on port days. But i saw $22 for 1 day and i cant justify $44 for only 2 days of use. 

25 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I got the same notice.  I looked around and didn't see any press releases or announcements/spin from John Heald.  They usually give us more notice for price increases.  I'm sure the news will leak out soon enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Its been very expensive and i bet many were not getting it. I was getting it for 24 hours twice a cruise on port days. But i saw $22 for 1 day and i cant justify $44 for only 2 days of use. 

I'm sure you could beat the price in port, but at sea, it's the cheapest game in town.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I got the same notice.  I looked around and didn't see any press releases or announcements/spin from John Heald.  They usually give us more notice for price increases.  I'm sure the news will leak out soon enough.

I went ahead and bought a gift card from AARP can purchased for a cruises in the future.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I'm sure you could beat the price in port, but at sea, it's the cheapest game in town.

Bhaa i can go without it at sea. My plan works at any port.  So i get 4g when we dock to check my emails and such.   If its too pricey it will discourge some from using it like myself imo.  Younger ppl  on social media and texting  yes they buy it .mostly the whole cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

I was hoping they would just include free WiFi in the price of the cruise. It really should just be standard like water or meals. 

I eat and use water onboard but have no interest in paying for WiFi.  It is a costly service

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

I was hoping they would just include free WiFi in the price of the cruise. It really should just be standard like water or meals. 

And drinks….and no gratuities……and free gambling……and no charge for excursions….and free pictures……

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

that would go over like a lead balloon. Those that like wifi would be elated and trhose that want to discconnect would not be happy that they have to subsidize the wifi package for others.

• Like 1

I missed this discussion.  I was following @BlerkOne's thread on the same subject.  These threads should probably be merged.  

Thanks for the chart and links.  Brand Ambassador John Heald mentioned this morning that it was a $3 increase.  It looks like it's a $3/day increase across the board for all packages purchased onboard, and slightly less when purchased before the cruise.  We'll have to see how much the rate adjusts for onboard purchases.  Social and Value look like poorer and poorer values with each increase, IMHO.

I don't have anything to say about whether Carnival "deserves" this rate hike, but I will note that the Internet speeds on my last cruise on the Magic two weeks ago were some of the fastest I've had at sea (with the Premium package).  I could do anything I wanted with it, subject to some lag and momentary outages.

3 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I missed this discussion.  I was following @BlerkOne's thread on the same subject.  These threads should probably be merged.  

Thanks for the chart and links.  Brand Ambassador John Heald mentioned this morning that it was a $3 increase.  It looks like it's a $3/day increase across the board for all packages purchased onboard, and slightly less when purchased before the cruise.  We'll have to see how much the rate adjusts for onboard purchases.  Social and Value look like poorer and poorer values with each increase, IMHO.

I don't have anything to say about whether Carnival "deserves" this rate hike, but I will note that the Internet speeds on my last cruise on the Magic two weeks ago were some of the fastest I've had at sea (with the Premium package).  I could do anything I wanted with it, subject to some lag and momentary outages.

Starlink (Musk’s satellite option) is a deal changer.  SIGNIFICANT enhancement and I am sure they are dialing the speed down (cost cutting measure).  Like everything else, it is an option.  For us, who need wifi for our travel business, it is huge.

• Like 1