Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Weather in Cabo looks good for tomorrow.  Hopefully get to actually take a tender to port.  😉  We lowly quarterly subjects required to collect tender tickets in Safari lounge this afternoon.  😉 

70 degrees, cloudy, with light winds.  Ahhh...perfect!  No tour scheduled, we plan on just walking around to enjoy the port city (we love Mexico)...and have a few subjects lined up to check out for a lunch spot.  🤗

I don’t know if he is still open, but Gordo Leles was my go to spot to eat in Cabo. I had heard he had some medical issues.  He’s just a block up from Cabo Wabo and is a cheap authentic place to get tacos. I stay away from touristy places. His little place is decorated with Beatles posters and if you’re lucky, Javier may sing for you. His place will come up on Google Maps.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I don’t know if he is still open, but Gordo Leles was my go to spot to eat in Cabo. I had heard he had some medical issues.  He’s just a block up from Cabo Wabo and is a cheap authentic place to get tacos. I stay away from touristy places. His little place is decorated with Beatles posters and if you’re lucky, Javier may sing for you. His place will come up on Google Maps.

Been there, done that. Bummer it is now permanently closed. 🍺🌮

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Apparently at coffee talk, Captain Stig said we are going nowhere near Red Sea.😮 Details around February 16

For those of us traveling with you via this thread, I do so hope that someone will continue on with daily post and pictures for us that will only ever see much of  the world though your eyes. Especially with this news blast to appear around the 17th. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The sea calls my name said:

For those of us traveling with you via this thread, I do so hope that someone will continue on with daily post and pictures for us that will only ever see much of  the world though your eyes. Especially with this news blast to appear around the 17th. 

There are several people active on this thread that are doing the full cruise, so hopefully one of them will step up and keep the flow going after Pat departs.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It in a way is no surprise that the Red Sea is out, I suppose they need time to adjust and get port times and see what and how this will be managed.  Fell bad for those who wanted to see some of the missing ports like perhaps Dubai.  I am wondering if the Black Sea area for Bulgaria will not happen as well.

stay tuned I guess.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, detroitavant said:

Right in the marina, if you want something casual, I'd suggest Sanchos.

Looking at the reviews for Solomon Landing.  Right on the marina....will check them all out.  Thanks! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

Laura is leaving in 4 days.  

55 minutes ago, orville99 said:

There are several people active on this thread that are doing the full cruise, so hopefully one of them will step up and keep the flow going after Pat departs.

Thanks...I hope so as well.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

I agree! Love checking in to see what's going on. I also follow some on YouTube. It might have been mentioned here before as I don't see every post, but Living Phase 2 and BZTravel do a great job. Also a crew member, Katherine Myers but she doesn't post a lot as I'm sure she is really busy. There is at least one legitimate TicToc and YouTuber, Brooklyn Travels the World. She is a grad student on the full WC with her sister and parents.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, orville99 said:

What would he say other than we are avoiding the area if it comes to that two months from now..

Looks like from above they have all ready have decided to avoid it,no need to wait 2 months from now.

I'm sure that will make alot of people much more happier with the early decision so they can adjust their plans.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...transferring over to Wonder in two weeks, which will be just after we give our contractor some $$ to start the next remodel phase.  😄 

You two will still have your sea legs. 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks...I hope so as well.  🙂 

Patricia, thank you for taking us along on your many adventures, both on the ship and off, as well as your starting this wonderful and informative thread.    It's been great!    Safe travels on Sunday!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At the Captain's Corner talk this morning, Captain Stig said we've traveled 16,800 nautical miles as of yesterday.  He also said he's leaving tomorrow at Cabo San Lucas and our new captain will be boarding.  I didn't know until today that Captain Stig wasn't going to be going all the way to Los Angeles, but I guess that does make sense as lots will be happening in Los Angeles since it's the end of Segment 1 (and mini-leg #3), and the start of Segment 2 (and mini-leg #4).  I think Captain Stig did a wonderful job getting us through difficult seas in several places, and I'm looking forward to learning about the new captain. Captain Stig said he will re-join us on June 21st in Trieste, and he will continue from then and take us back to Miami.  😀

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, LadyZolt said:

At the Captain's Corner talk this morning, Captain Stig said we've traveled 16,800 nautical miles as of yesterday.  He also said he's leaving tomorrow at Cabo San Lucas and our new captain will be boarding.  I didn't know until today that Captain Stig wasn't going to be going all the way to Los Angeles, but I guess that does make sense as lots will be happening in Los Angeles since it's the end of Segment 1 (and mini-leg #3), and the start of Segment 2 (and mini-leg #4).  I think Captain Stig did a wonderful job getting us through difficult seas in several places, and I'm looking forward to learning about the new captain. Captain Stig said he will re-join us on June 21st in Trieste, and he will continue from then and take us back to Miami.  😀

Please keep letting us know what is going on! And a photo or two will be much appreciated! Thanks. And enjoy your very long and interesting cruise! ☺️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

What do people think about having a 'Part 2' thread with the changeover to the Ultimate Asia Pacific expedition segment? Or keep everything in the one thread?

Thanks all for sharing your experiences during the Ultimate Americas segment!

3 minutes ago, LadyZolt said:

Captain Stig said he will re-join us on June 21st in Trieste ...

Nice, I'll be onboard on that date as part of 4 minis. 😁

• Like 2

11 hours ago, island lady said:

Weather in Cabo looks good for tomorrow.  Hopefully get to actually take a tender to port.  😉  We lowly quarterly subjects required to collect tender tickets in Safari lounge this afternoon.  😉 

70 degrees, cloudy, with light winds.  Ahhh...perfect!  No tour scheduled, we plan on just walking around to enjoy the port city (we love Mexico)...and have a few subjects lined up to check out for a lunch spot.  🤗

Captain Tony's

• Like 1