Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is that Anne Burrell?  I've seen her Worst Cooks show a few times.

Yep, also met Scott Conant. He makes a fabulous meatball

IMG_20240326_192815.thumb.jpg.f9f7af6d038c475c5e6988caa5bb78b8.jpg

Who knows what today will bring

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, delmom18 said:

Trying hard to remind myself that people have posted on that other site that there might bot be internet  for a few days and not allowing myself to stress that this thread was on page FIVE of CC.  Hope all aboard are well and looking forward to hearing from you in the not distant future!

Don't worry...this thread should be hanging around mostly back on page one again by July.  😉 😄  😁

• Like 7

3 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Yep, getting close to Hong Kong, but Starlink seems to have a hub there.

Screenshot_20240326_172250_Maps.thumb.jpg.c12b3e43644edc98637422b68c4204ce.jpg

Screenshot_20240326_172509_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.ac71c4e26260d701ac2cd01dcecc04dd.jpg

Screenshot_20240326_172540_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.fd708eca9adf1207bebf0e59f74b78be.jpg

I'm enjoying my Food Network charter and have a new bestie😉

FB_IMG_1711471787341.thumb.jpg.f22d416fbb1a176bad5b83cc6813de7c.jpg

Wow!  How exciting!  Have a fantastic time!

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 5:14 PM, island lady said:

Thanks my friend!   Yes, I knew about the long bus ride to the city.  Not usually our "cup of tea", but would have put up with it for the tour we booked.  But that was booked before we knew about the summer Olympics there.  Will be interesting if they still run that tour at that time.  

Hello to your beautiful bride Pauline.  🙂 

France and especially Paris will be at the highest Anti-Terror-Level in this summer.
So not really easy to travel or stay in Paris, there will be a lot of Police and Army to protect the city and the hole country. We a rental car reservation for the three days in France on the cruise so, we look how the situation will be in July.

59 minutes ago, Nikita4 said:

France and especially Paris will be at the highest Anti-Terror-Level in this summer.
So not really easy to travel or stay in Paris, there will be a lot of Police and Army to protect the city and the hole country. We a rental car reservation for the three days in France on the cruise so, we look how the situation will be in July.

Our tour...if it goes...is through the ship.   I would just like to cancel, but Bucky wants to see how it goes.  Either way, I would not do this as self tour in this situation.  We are covered if something delays our tour.  

IMHO...I think the ship will cancel the tour.  No big deal.  

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, island lady said:

I would just like to cancel, but Bucky wants to see how it goes. 

Tell Bucky that there is no such thing as a decent French beer - but they do have some good Italian brands😇🍻

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Tell Bucky that there is no such thing as a decent French beer - but they do have some good Italian brands😇🍻

Nah...he loves wine also...actually more than beer.   Mmm....south of France...Moule Frites and a really cold, very dry Provence Rose.   Heaven!!  😋

• Like 3

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Nah...he loves wine also...actually more than beer.   Mmm....south of France...Moule Frites and a really cold, very dry Provence Rose.   Heaven!!  😋

This is a nice 5% French beer.

Screenshot_20240326_212249.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

For Bucky before you reboard Serenade in Barcelona Patricia.

Barcelona's best lager.

Screenshot_20240327_121352.jpg

Mmm...nice!  He did manage a couple of those 2 years ago when we spent a few nights in Barcelona before we boarded for the B2B in the Med on Wonder, which we stayed on for the TA to PC to start her runs out of here a couple years ago.  🙂 

Looking forward to seeing Barcelona again.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

This is a nice 5% French beer.

Considering it comes from the Alsace-Lorraine city of Strasburg (a city that sits directly on the modern German/French border), in a region that was seized by France (Louis XIII) in the 17th century and it's occupation of a largely German speaking population was one of the causes of WW1, Kronenbourg is as much (if not more) a German beer. 

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, orville99 said:

Considering it comes from the Alsace-Lorraine city of Strasburg (a city that sits directly on the modern German/French border), in a region that was seized by France (Louis XIII) in the 17th century and it's occupation of a largely German speaking population was one of the causes of WW1, Kronenbourg is as much (if not more) a German beer. 

I wouldn’t tell that to the Alsaciens 😂

My OH is from Strasbourg, if we’re having an argument and I’m losing, I just throw in “well you’re German!” and that ends any conversation….. 😉

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, orville99 said:

Also Strasbourg is in Alsace. Lorraine is a completely different departement.

While sailing round Hong Kong Island, the ship had to alter course when an unlit ferry crossed her path. The action caused a huge wave in both pools that flooded the pool deck and into forward elevators. Glassware in Schooner came crashing down as well. Not sure about any other damage. Happened sometime between 9 and 930

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

Just now, CSHS1979 said:

While sailing round Hong Kong Island, the ship had to alter course when an unlit ferry crossed her path. The action caused a huge wave in both pools that flooded the pool deck and into forward elevators. Glassware in Schooner came crashing down as well. Not sure about any other damage. Happened sometime between 9 and 930

Oops!  Hope everyone is ok.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Ouch…that will leave a mark😱

23 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Thank goodness nothing serious occurred due to that ferry. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 12:44 PM, island lady said:

Mmm...nice!  He did manage a couple of those 2 years ago when we spent a few nights in Barcelona before we boarded for the B2B in the Med on Wonder, which we stayed on for the TA to PC to start her runs out of here a couple years ago.  🙂 

Looking forward to seeing Barcelona again.  

Can highly recommend a nice craft beer place in the marina area (Barcelonetta) called Black Lab Brewery. 

I've been to Barca 4 times in the last 2 years and it's a mainstay. The beer is good, the cocktails are good and they do good food. Not a huge selection of food but burgers, ramen, gyoza. 

The beer is brewed on site as well. Nice outdoor area to sit. 

• Like 1

Internet has been slow and sketchy the past few days.  Hong Kong was amazing, but uploading photos isn't quick.  Here are some photos I took at sail away last night.  This was my favorite sail away out of all the ports we've seen so far.  It was beautiful!  

HonkKongLZ55.JPG

HonkKongLZ76.JPG

HonkKongLZ93.JPG

HonkKongLZ95.JPG

• Like 42
  • Thanks 2