Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Does he have the Sri Lanka transit visa that was talked about earlier? Did RCI take care of that for all of the full word cruisers?

Full world cruisers were on their own for that one, as well as several others. India, Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam Nam, etc..

Royal is pretty much only doing visa's  for world cruisers doing Africa. Probably because they changed the itinerary.

• Thanks 1

We're in Singapore today, but the ship wasn't here for long and there was a slight delay in letting people go ashore this morning.  This was a "turn around" port, so those leaving and not returning were the first ones off.  When we were able to leave, my husband and I just took the subway to a few spots and had lunch.  I would definitely like to come back and explore more of this city!  

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

• Like 23

On 4/22/2024 at 3:18 PM, CSHS1979 said:

John is on his way back to the ship. Getting back on in Singapore. I believe he's now in Qatar with a 6 hour layover.

He got to fly in or out of the top 3 airports in the world. Hard to believe not one US airport made this list

Screenshot_20240422_221629_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a0adad6712b5b458bc9297d340bc9183.jpg

It was nice he could come home for a couple weeks. 

Safe travels to John with hopes for an easy re-entry onto the ship.  And, how are you doing?

I googled the #1 airport.  Part of Doha Hamad reminds me of Central Park on O class ships.

Musicians perform at the Hamad International Airport on November 10 in the new central concourse building in the Qatari capital Doha, ahead of the...

• Like 1

We docked at Port Klang in Malaysia today and we did an excursion to Kuala Lumpur, which the locals call "KL." We went up to the observation deck of the KL Tower; we also went to the Petronus Twin Towers and saw them -- there is a bridge between the two towers that is on two floors, the 41st and the 42nd. There's a good sized mall there, too, with lots of stuff and a food court, so we had a nice lunch. It's about an hour to hour and a half drive from the port, but we made it back to the ship before it started raining. So, all good!  😀

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

• Like 28

2 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

Today is Day 137 of 274, marking the half-way point of the cruise.  They served this cake in the Windjammer at dinner to commemorate this milestone...

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

And another certificate 🤣

20240425_195426.thumb.jpg.b81c45930218c7959e8a7af9e977f2c8.jpg

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

We're in Penang, Malaysia, today.  We took an excursion into Georgetown and saw Little India, an Indian temple, a Chinese temple, the Kek Lok Si Buddhist temple with a 120 foot statue of Guanyin, the “goddess of mercy," and Chew Jetty -- an area of homes and buildings built by Chinese people on the water years ago because they didn't have to pay tax if they were living on the water, but they would if their buildings were on the nearby land. It was interesting! It was a very hot day again today, though, so we were grateful for the air conditioning on the bus and in some of the places we went.  

IMG_0296 2.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0339 2.JPG

IMG_0358 2.JPG

IMG_0362 2.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0461 2.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, chuckroast1 said:

Lady Zolt, you are doing a fantastic job posting up these terrific photos. Thanks very very much.

Thanks -- I'm glad I have been able to upload some to this site, but someone else will have to take over in a few weeks because we recently had a family situation arise back home, so we will have to leave the ship in Dubai and head home, and we won't get to finish the world cruise.  We hope to be able to plan a future cruise that will sail through the Suez Canal, and we'd like to also see the Norwegian fjords and other things that we'll be missing now.  Maybe Royal Caribbean will offer another world cruise in a few years and we can book that.  🙂

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, LadyZolt said:

Thanks -- I'm glad I have been able to upload some to this site, but someone else will have to take over in a few weeks because we recently had a family situation arise back home, so we will have to leave the ship in Dubai and head home, and we won't get to finish the world cruise.  We hope to be able to plan a future cruise that will sail through the Suez Canal, and we'd like to also see the Norwegian fjords and other things that we'll be missing now.  Maybe Royal Caribbean will offer another world cruise in a few years and we can book that.  🙂

I'm so sorry you're having to leave tge cruuse early! I've appreciated you sharing with us. Does Royal reimburse you (assuming you bought the cruise insurance) for days/weeks that you have to miss? That sure would influence my decision in the future to try a world cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LadyZolt said:

I am so sorry to hear that. You have been doing such a fabulous job of keeping us updated with your wonderful photos. I think I can speak for others to say we really appreciate it!

I hope everything works out at home. It is sad that you have to cut your cruise short. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

Oh no, I hope everything works out for you.  Thank you for taking the time to post.  Safe travels when you head home.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

Sorry to hear you have to leave, I hope everything works out for you.

You've done a great job with all your pics and info keeping us updated about the cruise, I'm another one who has really appreciated it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

Oh no!  I’m so sorry you have to leave, and I hope everything back at home has a positive outcome!  

We really appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your comments and beautiful photos each day!  We have really enjoyed traveling with you!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

Sorry about the issue at home. I hope all turns out well. I always worry about things at home when I'm away.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

So sorry you’ll have to return home. Hoping all turns out well for you.  And yes if Royal does another world cruise, count us in and we’ll meet then. 

• Like 1

I will add my thanks to you for all you have done to keep us in the loop, @LadyZolt and also add my concern for your family situation.  It's a double whammy for you and your family and I'm deeply sorry that it's happening.  Best wishes to your family and sending good thoughts your way that things are favorably resolved.

• Like 2

@LadyZolt I have enjoyed following your journey as I have been  reading your posts and admiring your photos.

It is concerning for you to have to leave the ship halfway into the adventure, but you have certainly traveled to places that some of us will never see in person.

Hoping your family situation is something that can be positively resolved.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

So sorry to hear about the situation at home and having to cut your trip short.   Hopefully everything will work out for the best when you head home.     Thank you for sharing your amazing cruise with us and safe travels home.  😊

• Like 3

15 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

Sorry to hear you have to leave the cruise unexpectedly.  I really enjoyed reading your posts.

• Like 1

@LadyZolt thank you so much for all the pictures and commentary.  I'm so sorry that you have to leave the cruise and hope everything at home works out in the best possible way.  Travel home safely and I hope you are indeed able to have your future cruises wishes come true.

• Like 2

Thank you for your wonderful photos.

I am also sorry for you that you are having to cut short your cruise.

Prayers 🙏 your family issue can be resolved before you arrive in Port Rashid Dubai in a few weeks time and you are able to continue your cruise.

Graham.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

I am so very sorry to hear that you must leave your World cruise.  Your pictures have been awesome, along with your commentaries.  I showed my DH your pictures of Viet Nam.  Jim served in the Army there during the Viet Nam War.  He was very thankful to see your pictures.  

Best wishes to you with regard to your family situation back home.🙏  Safe travels.

• Like 5

Thank you all for your kind words and positive thoughts. I appreciate it!  As you know from this thread, when Royal Caribbean announced the Africa itinerary, they also let people elect to cancel a portion or the entire rest of the cruise.  So, we recently have asked them if we can cancel the rest of the cruise. We are waiting now to see if Royal Caribbean will allow us to do that since our news wasn't known at the time they originally offered cancelation as an option.  If they do let us cancel and refund our money, that would be great!  But if they don't -- we did purchase insurance (through Steve, who sometimes posts on here with insurance information) and the insurance will cover us for this situation.  When we booked the cruise, due to the length, even Royal Caribbean didn't offer a policy that covered it!  They did offer one later, but by that time, we'd already found a policy we liked and had gotten that.  We will be going to Sri Lanka tomorrow and then to India to see the Taj Mahal, so I am not sure when I'll get to post photos from those places due to us being off the ship overnight for part of it and also the Internet connection in India won't be that great.  But I will post again when I'm able to.  Thank you all again for your comments and concern!  😀

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2