New England cruise

Sunseeker810

8 minutes ago, Navybikermom said:

The HAL airport transfer I had from there was a taxi. There was a lady there with a clipboard and a sign for Holland America and my name, and she hailed a cab and handed the driver an envelope (probably containing a check). 

There you go!  Looks like it's a taxi.... now it's more about how much you pay and the mechanism.  It is very easy to DIY at YUL but if HAL is looking for less than 60 CAD (say 45 USD), I'd take that.

YUL is one airport where I had very bad experiences with Uber.  The HAL rep last time offered us a transfer taxi at the airport with no prior sign up.  We didn’t use it but maybe next time I will consider it 

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Under no circumstances should you use a "cab" in Boston (I know you are asking about Montreal) but wanted to put it out there that cabs in Boston are terrible. Go with Uber or Lyft. 

When we did a cruise out of Boston, we used public transportation (the MBTA) from the airport to the cruise port. I had asked directions in the cc board that included Boston, and got directions from a Boston native.

• Like 1

Hi,

I just checked the Port of Montreal site and it states a flat fee from airport to cruise terminal is $49.45 with a taxi.  Doesn't include tip.  What price does HAL give for a taxi for two?

Which cruise date are you on?  I'm doing a b2b June 01 and June 08.

Enjoy planning your cruise!

happytotravel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunseeker810 said:

We will be on the June 1st sailing. My PCC said $34 each, but can't book it yet.  I guess that I should just do a cab?  Can I use US cash, or maybe a credit card?

Use your credit card and pay the fare and tip in Canadian dollars.

3 hours ago, Sunseeker810 said:

We will be on the June 1st sailing. My PCC said $34 each, but can't book it yet.  I guess that I should just do a cab?  Can I use US cash, or maybe a credit card?

The taxi driver will be happy to take US cash, but you'll probably get a very poor exchange rate, and you change will be in CAD. Much better to use your credit pard to pay in CAD and benefit from a better exchange rate from your financial institution, especially if it doesn't charge an FX fee.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Under no circumstances should you use a "cab" in Boston (I know you are asking about Montreal) but wanted to put it out there that cabs in Boston are terrible. Go with Uber or Lyft. 

As a Bostonian, I completely agree, except from Logan. It is a very long walk from some of the terminals to where you can pick up a ride share, and I've found the wait times (and prices) to be more painful than just grabbing a cab from the cab line. Or the Silver line.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

As a Bostonian, I completely agree, except from Logan. It is a very long walk from some of the terminals to where you can pick up a ride share, and I've found the wait times (and prices) to be more painful than just grabbing a cab from the cab line. Or the Silver line.

The silver line worked well for us when we cruised out of Boston and the one time we also did a vacation in Boston. Maybe we were just lucky with the terminals where we landed.

Just now, ontheweb said:

The silver line worked well for us when we cruised out of Boston and the one time we also did a vacation in Boston. Maybe we were just lucky with the terminals where we landed.

Sorry - what I meant was a cab or the Silver Line are both better options than Lyft/Uber from the airport. I'm a big Silver Line fan. We took the Red Line plus Silver Line to our last cruise out of Boston.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

Sorry - what I meant was a cab or the Silver Line are both better options than Lyft/Uber from the airport. I'm a big Silver Line fan. We took the Red Line plus Silver Line to our last cruise out of Boston.

That was not clear from your original post. I am glad that has now been clarified.