Sodas and the Newly Revised Drink Packages

NemoCrownie

In other news, new deployment dates will be released tomorrow.  Hopefully they remember to include the Caribbean and proof the dates.  A presentation that I heard indicated they had a glitch and needed an additional day or otherwise the announcement would have been today. 

10 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

In other news, new deployment dates will be released tomorrow.  Hopefully they remember to include the Caribbean and proof the dates.  A presentation that I heard indicated they had a glitch and needed an additional day or otherwise the announcement would have been today. 

That is such a Celebrity thing to do 😆

• Haha 2

That page comparing packages has been around for a few years now and sodas have always been in the classic package.  If you look at the ordering page in the Cruise Planner, you can clearly see that soda is part of the package.  My guess is that when they set up the spreadsheet that compares packages they ran out of room to mention soda and haven't bothered to fix it.  

11 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

Watching this ... this would be a ridiculous change. 

If they have removed soft drinks/pop from the Classic package, what's to stop someone from ordering a rum and coke and asking them to hold the rum or pour it on the side? 

Reminds me of a  college social over 35yrs ago.  My best buddy was a non drinker, high balls were $1.  So he would order rumon the side.  Lets just say I did not feel well for class the next day.  Taking my DbiL on cruise next August, he's been dry 37 years, guess I'm paying by the pop.  All good

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LeeW said:

That page comparing packages has been around for a few years now and sodas have always been in the classic package.  If you look at the ordering page in the Cruise Planner, you can clearly see that soda is part of the package.  My guess is that when they set up the spreadsheet that compares packages they ran out of room to mention soda and haven't bothered to fix it.  

No, this is the new one, effective 12/1 which shows Tito's, a number of beers, etc. that were previously available on the Classic now listed under the Premium. The Classic pkg for my upcoming cruise showed Soda but the revised page is showing soda only on the Premium, hence my question.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NemoCrownie said:

No, this is the new one, effective 12/1 which shows Tito's, a number of beers, etc. that were previously available on the Classic now listed under the Premium. The Classic pkg for my upcoming cruise showed Soda but the revised page is showing soda only on the Premium, hence my question.

I'm worried about this too.  I don't drink for medical reasons, but my husband does.  We booked our upcoming cruises many, many months ago under the impression that he could get what he wanted to drink (which is mainly the beers that WERE on the classic package) and I could get sodas and mocktails.  If I can't get sodas, there will be a lot of orders of kahlua and coke, hold the kahlua.

1 hour ago, cruise47 said:

Are can sodas include in the Classic Drink package ?

1 hour ago, Suzi66 said:

I'm worried about this too.  I don't drink for medical reasons, but my husband does.  We booked our upcoming cruises many, many months ago under the impression that he could get what he wanted to drink (which is mainly the beers that WERE on the classic package) and I could get sodas and mocktails.  If I can't get sodas, there will be a lot of orders of kahlua and coke, hold the kahlua.

Read post #12 

I don’t give a hoot about Coca Cola,never seen the attraction,it’s horrible stuff in my opinion.

Bare a thought for us Brits….
On the first Silhouette cruise this May from Southampton they took Boddingtons Bitter of the menu altogether,,,,then they put Guinness on the Premium and recently Jameson’s followed.

Im afraid they took me off Celebrity as well.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Suzi66 said:

You prefer Virgin Kahlua and Coke over Virgin Rum and Coke?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I have only seen cans of soda on Celebrity since 2012 ,

X were not offering cans back in 2017 in the Med. If you wanted soda, they would pour it out of the can and give you the glass and refuse to give you the can. You had to keep going back to the bar to have your glass refilled. After she left the Med and returned to the US, the cans went back to being given out 🤷‍♀️. I remember complaining about it at the time. I’m sure @Texed will remember my posts as we laughed about ‘can-gate’ at the time.

14 minutes ago, villauk said:

X were not offering cans back in 2017 in the Med. If you wanted soda, they would pour it out of the can and give you the glass and refuse to give you the can. You had to keep going back to the bar to have your glass refilled. After she left the Med and returned to the US, the cans went back to being given out 🤷‍♀️. I remember complaining about it at the time. I’m sure @Texed will remember my posts as we laughed about ‘can-gate’ at the time.

It was still from a can not a fountain machine 😁

Which ship ? 

in 2017 we did a Suez Canal cruise on the Connie starting in Abu Dhabi ending in Rome had no problems getting cans of soda 

22 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It was still from a can not a fountain machine 😁

Which ship ? 

in 2017 we did a Suez Canal cruise on the Connie starting in Abu Dhabi ending in Rome had no problems getting cans of soda 

It was Reflection and for some reason we were not privileged enough to actually have the can - well, not until she returned across the pond 🙄. It was ridiculous as it caused more work for the staff.

On 12/6/2023 at 7:49 AM, mrgabriel said:

If they have removed soft drinks/pop from the Classic package, what's to stop someone from ordering a rum and coke and asking them to hold the rum or pour it on the side? 

I like the way that you think. 

Awhile back, I got the MSC Easy drink package, which only included very basic drinks.  But there were a ton of included non-alcoholic drinks, so I'd just order an interesting non-alcoholic fru fru drink and a shot or two on the side and do the mixing myself.  Many times, the bartenders would know what was up and offer to mix the drink for me.

Edited by Stockjock

On 12/6/2023 at 10:49 AM, mrgabriel said:

Simple answer, They haven’t 

• Like 1