How to get future cruise credit for (poorly) early booked cruise( $50 deposits) for 6 cabins. It's .

RookieMary7

I put $50 deposits down on my first cruise last July on Carnival for 6 cabins as folks seemed excited by that idea in July. I was going to do the work of putting deposits down for this family funand now no one can go.I cannot pay for it all. Can I get future cruise credit? I hope to get future cruise credit for just me and my just spouse since all deposits are in my name. 

Carnival has a "request a PVP" (Personal Vacation Planner) on their website. It's under the Plan tab.  If people want to join you on a cruise, you can use the PVP for booking your cabin then give the PVP number and extension to the other people so you can be together but not responsible for their payments. Sorry this happened to you.  Good luck in the future!!

• Like 1

If you only put down 50 per person you will unfortunately end up with nothing because they charge 50 dollars per person for cancellations on pretty much all of the bookings these days. 

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 3

Everyone is all gung-ho to go until it comes time to pay.

Too late now but never book rooms for other people. Give them the number for your travel agent or PVP and let them book their own room.

It sounds like you won't end up with a refund or future cruise credit because the penalties for canceling will eat all the money you put down.

Edited by mz-s

If they provide you a future cruise credit (which is not IMPOSSIBLE, but I wouldn't get my hopes up), the credit would go to you as the person who paid. It would not go to the others unless you provided their information to Carnival such as their past guest number. Simply putting 'John Smith' on the room won't give credit to John. They still have to have a way to get/use the credit. Just correcting what was said earlier about the name of the passenger getting the credit is incorrect.