elite mini bar

greener

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Depending on the cruise we've had Skyy, Absolute, New Amsterdam, and our last mini bar had Van Gogh Vodka which I had never heard of before.

That’s why we bring booze home. Once you mix it with tomato juice or OJ who cares 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, skreminegul said:

We’re currently on Sky Princess, two 7 day cruises booked as a 14 day. We’re elite and we were given a second mini bar set up.

We were on a B2B booked as one  and we automatically got the 2nd mini bar on turn around day.  We also got a second bottle of wine in our Mini Suite.

• Like 1

Received a range of mini bottles. I do have some mini Grey Goose bottles still sitting in the kitchen that I got off one of the initial Discovery cruises from 2021. Any cruise that drops off in LA I usually end up taking the minibar off the ship with me

I too, have gotten a mix of brands and alcohol types. We got Courvoisier on 6 cruises Sept to Dec 2021, when we started getting the mini bars. Since then never brandy. Vodka was Sky, but has been Absolute lately. Mostly a mix of whatever. I got 3 scotches, 3 gins, and 2 vodkas last month. I used to take them home, as we always have a package, but on my last 12 I've just given them to crew. The Club Class bottle(s) of wine as well. I only drink Grey Goose at home, and my husband only drinks Hennessey, so I have a cupboard full of tiny bottles lol. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, suzyed said:

We were on a B2B booked as one  and we automatically got the 2nd mini bar on turn around day.  We also got a second bottle of wine in our Mini Suite.

And if you do more than a B2B, you still get a full setup for each leg of the journey, automatically. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kstaffen said:

I too, have gotten a mix of brands and alcohol types. We got Courvoisier on 6 cruises Sept to Dec 2021, when we started getting the mini bars. Since then never brandy. Vodka was Sky, but has been Absolute lately. Mostly a mix of whatever. I got 3 scotches, 3 gins, and 2 vodkas last month. I used to take them home, as we always have a package, but on my last 12 I've just given them to crew. The Club Class bottle(s) of wine as well. I only drink Grey Goose at home, and my husband only drinks Hennessey, so I have a cupboard full of tiny bottles lol. 

We do too.  But for Bloody Marys or Mimosas we use the Sky or Absolute.

Oddly enough, we have yet to ask to change out our mini bar. My wife likes beer but is never happy with the beer we are given - Heineken or Dos Equis (although she would be okay with Dos Equis Dark (Amber?). I have (almost) never been happy with the Scotch as it has normally been Dewar's White Label (GAH!!!) but, for our latest mini bar, it was Chivas Regal 12 Year Old which wasn't bad although not a single malt which I would normally order. To date, we have just decided to "grin and bear it" It hasn't been important enough to complain about and the available replacements haven't seemed worth the effort. When nothing in the mini bar is really noteworthy, why bother getting more of one mediocre thing in exchange for some other mediocre thing?

• Like 2

I asked this a while back but  can't remember the answer. The only thing I want to exchange is the beer. Don't like beer at all. Can I exchange it for soda or tonic water? Tia. 

Edited by 1965

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

Oddly enough, we have yet to ask to change out our mini bar. My wife likes beer but is never happy with the beer we are given - Heineken or Dos Equis (although she would be okay with Dos Equis Dark (Amber?). I have (almost) never been happy with the Scotch as it has normally been Dewar's White Label (GAH!!!) but, for our latest mini bar, it was Chivas Regal 12 Year Old which wasn't bad although not a single malt which I would normally order. To date, we have just decided to "grin and bear it" It hasn't been important enough to complain about and the available replacements haven't seemed worth the effort. When nothing in the mini bar is really noteworthy, why bother getting more of one mediocre thing in exchange for some other mediocre thing?

We had them change it out on a few cruises - just Courvoisier and Sky - and then we brought it home as 'emergency' alcohol lol. We brought home the two 1/2 Club Class wine bottles (recently just been one) also. We never drink it on the ship, as we always get a package and we don't drink wine. My husband drinks Hennessey normally, and realized he doesn't even like Courvoisier so now I have about 16 tiny bottles of that 🙄.  As for Sky, it's fine with Bloody Mary mixer, and the wine I occasionally use for cooking. I do drink the waters, but we don't even drink sodas, so now the mini bar contents goes to crew in a 'to-go' bag. I usually ask if they want it, and I've never been told - no. I'm sure if the person I give it to doesn't like it, they know someone who does. I had a room steward tell me that he put a bottle of Prosecco I gave him in the 'storage closet' for future guests that may be celebrating an anniversary 🥰.  Too bad they won't let me take my mini bar bottles back onboard to give away 🙃

Edited by kstaffen
Fix spelling errors
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I asked this a while back but  can't remember the answer. The only thing I want to exchange is the beer. Don't like beer at all. Can I exchange it for soda or tonic water? Tia. 

Yes you can. You just call room service and tell them what you want to exchange and for what. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, kstaffen said:

Yes you can. You just call room service and tell them what you want to exchange and for what. 

On the Island in November, I asked my cabin attendant if I should call room service to exchange my mini bar, he said he would do it, I told him what I wanted exchanged and a short time later he was back with the exchanged items.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, phabric said:

On the Island in November, I asked my cabin attendant if I should call room service to exchange my mini bar, he said he would do it, I told him what I wanted exchanged and a short time later he was back with the exchanged items.

That works, too! 

19 minutes ago, Potstech said:

I wonder why they do not provide whiskey or rum in the mini bar set up.

I do not think the minibar set up is intended/designed around a selection process. Of course Princess has always allowed you to swap out based on what is available.  I am confident that Princess does not carry small bottles of rum and I do not recall ever seeing whiskey in their choices.  

Of course that does not mean that Princess could not redesign the process and offer a wider choice an/or a individual preselection.  (Except that would take more resources)

The only Whiskey I've ever received has been Scotch. Usually Dewar's White Label (bleh) but the last time I got Chivas Regal 12 Year Old. Never gotten Jim Beam Bourbon like I see in the picture above. I also see Van Gogh Vodka in that pic. We got that the last time too but have never had it before. I'm not a big fan of Courvoisier Cognac either. My wife doesn't drink Cognac and doesn't like any type of Whiskey (or Whisky either) as she says it's all nasty. One thing you can count on with the mini bar: There will be no top shelf liquor included. 🙄

• Like 3