elite mini bar

greener

Just off 63 days on Grand Princess. No rum in our (6) mini bars. No "regular" brandy. Courvoisier in every one. In all but the last one the Scotch was (uggh) Dewar's White Label. The last mini bar had 12 year old Chivas Regal instead. Much better.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, greener said:

discovery and regal

We board Discovery in just over a week, and will find out then.  Here's last time on Discovery, they were out of something, we received double Absolut.  We gifted to a crew member we know since we have Plus.

I don't believe we've had rum in a long time, if ever. 

Screenshot 2023-12-15 3.45.53 PM.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

What ship?

Don't think it matters in terms of Rum - I have yet to hear of that being included.  No Brandy either - like @Thrak mentioned - regular Brandy.  Cognac is a specialized Brandy.  Depends what one means as Brandy covers a family of liquors/liqueurs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't think it matters in terms of Rum - I have yet to hear of that being included.  No Brandy either - like @Thrak mentioned - regular Brandy.  Cognac is a specialized Brandy.  Depends what one means as Brandy covers a family of liquors/liqueurs.

My quote was referencing "what are they giving these days?", not about rum, as we all know embarkation port can determine stocking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

My quote was referencing "what are they giving these days?", not about rum, as we all know embarkation port can determine stocking. 

Gotcha, but it could still vary depending on supplies.  I always call RS with a custom order.

I know this was discussed before pre start-up but just curious if Elite's are still eligible for 2 mini bar set-ups on a B2B?  Note: our sailing was booked as a single 14-day cruise.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

Edited by strobellayjam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, skreminegul said:

We’re currently on Sky Princess, two 7 day cruises booked as a 14 day. We’re elite and we were given a second mini bar set up.

Did you get the second one automatically or did you have to call Room Service for it?  Hope you're enjoying the Sky!  We will be on her this Saturday.

1 hour ago, skreminegul said:

The mini bar set up came automatically on embarkation day. The Sky is a beautiful ship! The weather hasn’t been all that great but it is what it is! Have a great cruise!!

Thanks! Enjoy the rest of yours, too.  Hope the weather improves... I heard last week was quite rocky.

57 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Hi, does anyone know if what you get mini bar wise you can exchange for bottles of something else. By the way, the one's shown in the photo's look good.

Yes, depending on supply. Alcohol for alcohol and non alcohol for non alcohol. 

On 12/16/2023 at 1:09 PM, Steelers36 said:

Gotcha, but it could still vary depending on supplies.  I always call RS with a custom order.

Can you request a specific item or only what is included.  I always swap out the others for vodka.  But I just saw pictures of New Amsterdam Vodka.  IMO it's like the worse vodka.

2 minutes ago, getaway101 said:

Can you request a specific item or only what is included.  I always swap out the others for vodka.  But I just saw pictures of New Amsterdam Vodka.  IMO it's like the worse vodka.

It is not something you can drink as a shot that is for sure. We change all the hard liquor to whatever cheap brand they have then empty them into empty water bottles and bring home to use in bloody Mary’s and screwdrivers   We have plus packages so really no need for it in the s cabin as we are almost out and about 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, getaway101 said:

There is a budget level.  So, if there was top-shelf in a mini-bottle, you wouldn't get it.  But they probably don't even have it.

I can equate with beer.  I swap all 10 alcohol for preferred beer label(s).  I have been able to get some beer that is more cost on the menus than the base included beer.  I have been told on a previous ship that I needed to pick from certain labels and not just anything on the menu.  Ask nicely and see what happens.  They will be able to inform you of available and eligible choices.   I swap all our non-alcohol for Perrier - generally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

There is a budget level.  So, if there was top-shelf in a mini-bottle, you wouldn't get it.  But they probably don't even have it.

I can equate with beer.  I swap all 10 alcohol for preferred beer label(s).  I have been able to get some beer that is more cost on the menus than the base included beer.  I have been told on a previous ship that I needed to pick from certain labels and not just anything on the menu.  Ask nicely and see what happens.  They will be able to inform you of available and eligible choices.   I swap all our non-alcohol for Perrier - generally.

I’m happy with the Absolute….but not that New Amsterdam….lol

• Like 1