Getting Diamond Status

tvo7

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Some people have different aspirations and dreams.  Doesn't mean they are less important.

The aspiration to become Diamond is falling for a marketing con. It is nice to be Diamond but for it to be a dream is foolish. To be in the Diamond lLounge was no big deal and by the time OP gets to Diamond the new designation as Crown Lounge may leave Diamonds out. That seems to be the trajectory. If they want to feel special they should book suites. There you get a special lounge and dining option. As a bonus OP will get to Diamond faster that way than a bunch of short cruises in an OV or inside. 

29 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If they want to feel special they should book suites. There you get a special lounge and dining option. As a bonus OP will get to Diamond faster that way than a bunch of short cruises in an OV or inside. 

To clarify (for the unknowing), suites = full suites (GS or above).  JS have very few extra benefits.

2 hours ago, tvo7 said:

The reason I want to do 4 nights is because I own my own business and I do not feel comfortable staying away for so long at a time.

I will be working on the ship all days I am on there and have 22 points right now.  

I was looking at beat cost efficiency of getting to diamond.  Of course, once I reach diamond, I am going to dream of getting to pinnacle and have bragging rights on the cruise when they announce all the pinnacles on board. I think of it as a bucket list challenge.

The main benefit I like of diamond is getting inside the diamond lounge and feel.special in there.

If you only want to do 4N cruises, I would suggest doing JS.  You will get there much faster.  Enjoy!

2 hours ago, tvo7 said:

The reason I want to do 4 nights is because I own my own business and I do not feel comfortable staying away for so long at a time.

I will be working on the ship all days I am on there and have 22 points right now.  

I was looking at beat cost efficiency of getting to diamond.  Of course, once I reach diamond, I am going to dream of getting to pinnacle and have bragging rights on the cruise when they announce all the pinnacles on board. I think of it as a bucket list challenge.

The main benefit I like of diamond is getting inside the diamond lounge and feel.special in there.

Don't worry if some here laugh at your aspirations. I was thrilled to get to Diamond, and I really like the lounge with its evening snacks and cappuccino machine. I also enjoy it after hours to get work done, as I am also self-employed. The 4 daily drinks are the huge draw--that's another $60 per day we are not spending. 

We chose an 11-nighter in a JS to get our final 22 points, and it was a great cruise, to boot.

Enjoy your travels,

Teddie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tvo7 said:

I was looking at beat cost efficiency of getting to diamond.

Though I think you should cruise for the joy if cruising, if you want cost efficiency per point, do the calculation on each cruise you select.

If you are single and interested in a relationship, try to meet other cruisers.  If you happen form a relationship (marriage or cohabitation) with a loyalty member, you could gain their status by linking accounts.  Love may or may not be the most cost effective method but it has other rewards.

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

If you are single and interested in a relationship, try to meet other cruisers.  If you happen form a relationship (marriage or cohabitation) with a loyalty member, you could gain their status by linking accounts.  Love may or may not be the most cost effective method but it has other rewards.

Looking to upgrade my C&A status.  Any single female Pinnacles interested?  😉

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

They had CL police on the fall Anthem TA.  And, IIRC, it was every night, not just the first couple of nights.

We just cruised on Anthem for Thanksgiving week and many times before. I did not see any. Will check in January. 

4 hours ago, tvo7 said:

We have always and still enjoy going to the DL now CL. I've always been very vocal about that here on CC.  But, as far as feeling special. Not feeling that. 🍻

P.S. You just might find that you will be on one of those cruises where Diamonds are excluded for the evening HH in the CL. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tvo7 said:

There’s nothing special about the Crown (Diamond) lounge. Being in there won’t make you feel special. You can be special everywhere….. you are special everywhere. 

If we ever get to P status the only thing it will mean to me is that we were healthy enough and financially able to cruise a lot. There’s no bragging rights to it.

Enjoy the ride!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

I have to wonder how true these statements could possibly be "It's my life long dream to become Diamond", "I feel extra special in the DL". Geez it seems like chain yanking to me. 

Lol.  We could be wrong, but I had the same thought.  Feels very much like trolling. 

I have a list of bucket list items in travel.  Once I went on 2 cruises this year and walked by the lounges,  I started to think,  what would it take to to get in there.  Other than getting a suite, which is outrageously expensive, is to go on a lot of cruises.  So then, I put it on my bucket list of dreams.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tvo7 said:

I have a list of bucket list items in travel.  Once I went on 2 cruises this year and walked by the lounges,  I started to think,  what would it take to to get in there.  Other than getting a suite, which is outrageously expensive, is to go on a lot of cruises.  So then, I put it on my bucket list of dreams.

Ok now I see you're not trolling, all I can say is follow your dreams. Your formula of taking lots of short solo cruises out of Galveston sounds like a plan and hopefully we'll see you in the Crown Lounge soon!

7 hours ago, Tatka said:

And just for the record. We are not Loyal to Royal.

We sailed with 8 lines and with some (Princess, Celebrity, NCL) even after we achieved this noble status… but in a process we discovered that Royal is the best combination of everything (including number of ships and variety of itineraries) for us.

+1, we have sailed Princess, NCL,Carnival and Disney. Royal is still our favorite. We are 70 and 74 years old and Oasis Class is our absolute favorite. Oasis Class transatlantics are awesome. 

• Like 2

My opinion. We are Diamond+ on RCI, Elite+ on Celebrity, & top levels on other lines.

We don't cruise for perks as they are diminishing each year. There is no one cruise line that's the best. Each provide pluses & minuses.

A 3 or 4 day cruise is not a true cruise as you are getting on one day unpacking getting to dinner. The next day you have a day or 2. Then you are packing to go home.

Enjoy Cruising and try other lines to see different ships, entertainment, food, ports. A Crown Lounge with 4 drinks is not worth your time & money. JMHO

I like your opinion.  But what do you think of all the youtubers and posters on here who think diamond gives so many good benefits.  Did you see any wonderful benefits?  You did not like the lounge?

Edited by tvo7

1 hour ago, tvo7 said:

To me a bucket list is destinations and experiences. The Diamond Lounge is a pretty low goal. It is just a room with tables. The lounge varies by class of ship. At certain times they served some cheap snacks. The coffee machine dispenses some milk espresso drinks but there is no barista, They are okay but that is it. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, tvo7 said:

I like your opinion.  But what do you think of all the youtubers and posters on here who think diamond gives so many good benefits.  Did you see any wonderful benefits?  You did not like the lounge?

Everyone has their opinion. All personal preferences. We like most of the perks/benefits. Pick the ones we like and leave the rest on the table. Same with Celebrity and Princess.  We have never chased the tier levels. All that much better when you finally get what you paid for. 

Edited by doghog