Live From Miami & Then Crystal Serenity - A New Crystal Adventure Begins

Keith1010

Happy Sailing Keith!

I’ve been on Serenity since December 2nd. It’s been wonderful!!! Crystal - better than ever!

Unfortunately, I debark Saturday, so we won’t meet. You may see my fingernail marks on the gangway as they drag me off the ship.

I Always appreciate you’re helpfulness and the kindness of your posts!

I'm sure you and Anne Marie will have a great cruise!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2023 at 2:33 PM, Keith1010 said:

We are all settled at the Hotel and have already gone on a couple of nice walks.  It's 72 degrees but with a nice breeze.

We are staying at the Four Seasons Hotel. Our first stay here was in 2007 as this was the hotel that Crystal used for the pre-World Cruise hotel in 2007 including a World Cruise Gala.

Our last stay was in November of 2021.  Since then the hotel was sold and the new owners made several updates to the Hotel including updating the rooms with new furniture and carpeting.  Overall, they did a nice job but ironically the closet has less hanging room. Sound familiar.  LOL

These are some photos of our room.

IMG_3600.jpeg.4e25b421542270dcb4902207f8916d80.jpegIMG_3603.jpeg.b76851b6d11da01ac9cf7c718693909d.jpegIMG_3602.jpeg.a081c5efd637a969f8d111e3b623a99a.jpegIMG_3601.jpeg.02140068d13766aa4f0e4ef8ea58c904.jpeg

Service is excellent and they are very responsive.

I am sitting outside in the back of the hotel near the pool area. It's 72 degrees F with a nice breeze.

Cheers,

Keith

Hello, if you want to try an excellent Italian restaurant, try the Il Gabbiano.  We were there last week and it was fantastic.  It should not be far from your hotel. Have a nice stay in Miami and enjoy Christmas and New Year on Crystal Serenity.  Best to you and your wife.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

I'm concerned about the availability of shaded seats around the pool on full cruises. We cannot lounge in the sun. If you could notice and comment on your first sea day, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

There are many spots around the pool deck with shade and here are a couple of photos. Along the port and starboard sides of the pool lounge chairs are are underneath areas providing shade plus you have some areas with umbrellas.  Then on one side there are tables and some chairs with shade too.

IMG_2789.jpeg.c2ad9eaedcc32ae1414e2d4f2a5874a6.jpeg

IMG_2792.jpeg.665bc140d0d96b533bcc009bfb6eeab9.jpeg

As to availability, this is going to vary by cruise. The holiday cruise we will be is either sold out or very close to sold out and on the sea days it likely will be busy out there. While many prefer shady areas some want to sit out with full sun.  

Someone mentioned that to minimize chair hogs that if items are left on chairs for 45 minutes with no one there that the crew has been instructed to retrieve them and walk them down to lost and found.

Keith

4 hours ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

Hello, if you want to try an excellent Italian restaurant, try the Il Gabbiano.  We were there last week and it was fantastic.  It should not be far from your hotel. Have a nice stay in Miami and enjoy Christmas and New Year on Crystal Serenity.  Best to you and your wife.

Thank you for the good wishes and the recommendation.

Keith

6 hours ago, 1st time aboard said:

Happy Sailing Keith!

I’ve been on Serenity since December 2nd. It’s been wonderful!!! Crystal - better than ever!

Unfortunately, I debark Saturday, so we won’t meet. You may see my fingernail marks on the gangway as they drag me off the ship.

I Always appreciate you’re helpfulness and the kindness of your posts!

I'm sure you and Anne Marie will have a great cruise!

Thank you so much for the good wishes and kind thoughts.

I understand the feeling of leaving. I am so glad you have enjoyed the cruise. Continue to enjoy every minute.

Keith

6 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Way to go Keith!  Gotta stay in shape and enjoy the journey! 

Thanks Dwight.

I remember when Anne Marie and I walked with you in Seward, Alaska  and the snow on the ground.  We were the first ship of that Alaska season by two or three weeks.

Keith

• Like 2

Have a wonderful time, Keith - I'll check in from time to time to make sure everything is fine!

As for St Martin, you will be quite close to Anse Marcel - a tucked away small marina with smart shopping and bars and, nearby, a hotel with a fine beachside restaurant. We stayed there for a few days pre-cruise a year or so ago. The setting and location take some beating and it would make a fine day out. You definitely need to book the restaurant.

https://www.ledomaineansemarcelbeach.com/details-anse+marcel+beach+restaurant-33.html

Adrian

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

It is for those who don't want to walk.  In our case, it would defeat the purpose of say going to the port as we did yesterday.

Keith

Kieth, sorry for the confusion. I was referring to embarkation day. Uber, is a nice alternative to a taxi. Especially if you have a lot of luggage.

Enjoy sunny Florida.

1 hour ago, bayonejoe said:

Kieth, sorry for the confusion. I was referring to embarkation day. Uber, is a nice alternative to a taxi. Especially if you have a lot of luggage.

Enjoy sunny Florida.

Now I understand and an excellent recommendation. I have used them before on Embarkation Day.

Keith

18 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Ivi, I would say around 50 minutes.

Keith

It sounds good just to walk to have some activity. On embarkation day I will take a taxi because of my luggage, but I might walk there one day before. However the pictures you have posted do not make it particularly interesting for a walk. 

Can you recommend a nice, safe walk from Brickell? 50 minutes is not a problem for me. I do not like Uber, so I prefer to walk if I can. But of course not on embarkation day. Can you recommend a nice seafood restaurant in the area?

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

It sounds good just to walk to have some activity. On embarkation day I will take a taxi because of my luggage, but I might walk there one day before. However the pictures you have posted do not make it particularly interesting for a walk. 

Can you recommend a nice, safe walk from Brickell? 50 minutes is not a problem for me. I do not like Uber, so I prefer to walk if I can. But of course not on embarkation day. Can you recommend a nice seafood restaurant in the area?

Ivi

Ivi, for seafood I recommend Truluck's,.

We have dined there several times.  They excel in Seafood. You can make reservations there.

https://trulucks.com/locations/miami-florida/

Just walking on Brickell is fine.  You can stop off at Brickell Centre (shopping area) and Mary Brickell Village. May lunch at one of the restaurants at Mary Brickell Village would be nice.

Keith

• Thanks 1

Thank you Bill. We had another fun day in Miami. Three days till we board Serenity.

We took another nice walk-in downtown Miami in the morning. It was a little windy, but the temperature started off in the low 60's versus 50's on Tuesday.  One of the places we stopped off at is the Brickell Centre. It has lots of stores, restaurants, and a hotel.  

We had lunch at a restaurant in the Mary Brickell area called North Italia. 

It was a bit windy today but nevertheless another wonderful day in Miami.

Happy Holidays.

KeithIMG_3637.jpeg.f00362d538c0d128ab7f82149bb53ee2.jpeg

IMG_3636.jpeg.358ab5024375c93dd0b95c688a616639.jpeg

IMG_3635.jpeg.31a73ed6550c077fc8ed77511078ffc0.jpeg

IMG_3640.jpeg.b89a1f882b3a7f52618d250536616f2d.jpeg

IMG_3641.jpeg.5987e9e6c0bf3a8631c2a33cb6603282.jpeg

IMG_3638.jpeg.7c40707aa0be82eabce289f7d7029cbe.jpeg

IMG_3639.jpeg

• Like 1

UPDATE

Keith,

i'm watching setrenity leave the pier right now. she was supposed to leave at 6pm and did away at 6:30.   she is lit up with every conceivable light on the ship turned on and looks beautiful.  next stop will be miami to embark you and anne marie.  now you know the ship is on it's way there.

Edited by USC Adventurer
  • Like 2