Live From Miami & Then Crystal Serenity - A New Crystal Adventure Begins

Keith1010

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I can't find a model number but it is a Nespresso and Krups on top. I've taken a photo of it plus a photo of one of the coffee pods which they have on board. 

Know that machine and the pods they use.  Thanks...all set.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

That was perfect Keith.  A couple of questions.  Have you heard anything recently from Rabbi Morris?  Also, while the Priests on Crystal always do a great job with interfaith services, I am a bit saddened to see no Protestant Clergy for the Holiday cruise:

Roy

Roy, sadly Rabbi Morrie passed away a few months ago.

As it stands now, the Protestant Clergy will be on board for the segment of the World Cruise over Easter.

Keith

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ivyleaguegent said:

Hi Keith,

Really happy to see that Crystal remains a superior product.  Looking at the copies of Reflections you have posted (thanks for that) I do not see any activities in the Stardust Club.  Is it being utilized for anything other than the supper club?

Thanks

I did happen to notice that today's Reflections (12/26) showed Jon Aston's cooking demo in the Stardust at 10am.

9 hours ago, ivyleaguegent said:

Hi Keith,

Really happy to see that Crystal remains a superior product.  Looking at the copies of Reflections you have posted (thanks for that) I do not see any activities in the Stardust Club.  Is it being utilized for anything other than the supper club?

Thanks

There are activities for sure. In addition the class Tracie mentioned Chef John will have two other classes there today. This evening there are two perofmrnaues of Rock & Pop Mania at 7:45 pm and 9:45 pm in Stardust as well.

Keith

First meal of this cruise in Umi Uma.

I know I was asked if the lighting changed here and now I am unsure. For me it is fine but I think it was fine for me last night.

All familiar members of the waitstaff team were there.  There is one new waiter as only one former waiter didn't return.  A couple of new waiters from the current crew will be stepping in as some of the waiters return home.  

The Nobu Chardonnay came on board I believe in October so we enjoyed that last evening. We always enjoy this at Umi Uma.  

Food was delicious.

Busy last night but very calm.  Waiters had time to speak with us and several came by.

Richie took good care of us. Ross served the wine. Ruel would help Richie from time-to-time as part of waitstaff teamwork.

The recipe for success which Umi Uma has is outstanding cuisine, superb food and a beautiful venue.

IMG_3809.thumb.jpeg.777eac43dc033e6ceed2365154dc7668.jpeg

IMG_3811.thumb.jpeg.d5f29b7105cd93d7b8ce7a37277727c2.jpeg

IMG_3812.thumb.jpeg.1ce352216b1f4532c2ad27ee89a6f18d.jpeg

IMG_3813.thumb.jpeg.d5ad941aed9d6e77377845da324349d7.jpeg

IMG_3814.thumb.jpeg.8ebd6b3acacc96e805461e6c2f1ccee1.jpeg

IMG_3815.thumb.jpeg.95800ddf2ccf2fe39526019c33328223.jpeg

IMG_3816.thumb.jpeg.8972530e120bdff4efa782590a35bd0b.jpeg

IMG_3818.thumb.jpeg.b0f48779f5bbaf2bc7f29bf66a90b0f0.jpeg

IMG_3820.thumb.jpeg.9de11be90ac6ce2934b40483514966d6.jpeg

Keith

• Like 6

On 12/18/2023 at 8:28 PM, travelberlin said:

I am also staying several nights in Miami before my cruise. I usually stay at South Beach. Looking forward to explore a new neighborhood this time: Brickell.

By the way at the Mandarin Oriental, there is a good Peruvian restaurant from Gaston Acurio and his wife Astrid. I have enjoyed many times their creations in Lima, Peru. 

Ivi

I just had a very bad experience in the JW Marquis Marriott in an executive.   Problems by checking in as executive. 

Breakfast VERY poor and guests have to pay in the lounge for beer wine and liquor in the evening

High prices in the bar -   

I wish I had taken the Mandarin Oriental.  

On 12/20/2023 at 10:40 PM, travelberlin said:

Did you take a taxi from the Airport to your hotel in Brickell? I usually request for pick up services from the hotel but the airline I am flying with has often delays. I do not use Uber or similar. I am planning to take a taxi at the airport.

Ivi

I took taxi  from  Airport to Downtown   : was  38$ without tip

• Thanks 1

We made yesterday a sea day.  We didn't want to walk into town and then return to say it didn't feel safe. Better for us to enjoy the ship. Seriously better to take an excursion over just walking around the port area.

We made Serenity our destination yesterday.  

Others did too as I had a lot of paddle tennis partners to play with and we enjoyed nice walks on the promenade deck. Also a great opportunity for me to get my hair (or what is left of it) cut.  

I've changed up my morning routine a little bit. Instead of just the Fitness Center I've found myself walking the pool deck rather than the promenade deck early as it was less windy by the pool.  Later in the morning I make use of the Promenade Deck. These are some photos from my walk yesterday AM.

IMG_3831(1).jpeg.dd7b3c7aa5b615c3ea94c82e9aba3739.jpeg

IMG_3830(1).jpeg.2aed08fd35a3e51bba8cd89c17e94c3c.jpeg

IMG_3829(1).jpeg.e3d74b08fe2ad7caa4b7fd26d01f3d15.jpeg

IMG_3828(1).jpeg.7d9285074c904a927ceca8702a07b0c2.jpeg

IMG_3827(1).jpeg.09a580dfd035b48d556d3beb8398f16b.jpeg

IMG_3826(1).jpeg.3977af2bcd4a783cd411e7e0ab033b95.jpeg

Dinner last night at Waterside superb. I've mentioned from the first two cruises that the food is even better than before at Waterside.  Someone said that Waterside feels like a specialty restaurant and I second those comments. Food is presented very well. Tastes great.  And the menu diverse.IMG_3840.jpeg.5f50e92ad99922d4e69730d53fb33ad0.jpeg

IMG_3839.jpeg.db73d7795d4ddbb5151a778dab733950.jpeg

IMG_3838.jpeg.c9d9212a26affcbde7da17f5c271cf86.jpeg

White Night Party last evening.

IMG_3835.jpeg.7fd6c5f60c084de647aebef10e2e8f9a.jpeg

IMG_3834.jpeg.36a9d9a838bf59c6d4204ae2f09c25c6.jpeg 

And todays' daily Reflections.  I am hoping you can read it. I hear from someone when they can't read it or when I've made some minor mistake but not when things are readable.  Welcome to CC. LOL.

Reflectoins12:28.pdf

Cheers,

Keith

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

We made yesterday a sea day.  We didn't want to walk into town and then return to say it didn't feel safe. Better for us to enjoy the ship. Seriously better to take an excursion over just walking around the port area.

We made Serenity our destination yesterday.  

Others did too as I had a lot of paddle tennis partners to play with and we enjoyed nice walks on the promenade deck. Also a great opportunity for me to get my hair (or what is left of it) cut.  

I've changed up my morning routine a little bit. Instead of just the Fitness Center I've found myself walking the pool deck rather than the promenade deck early as it was less windy by the pool.  Later in the morning I make use of the Promenade Deck. These are some photos from my walk yesterday AM.

IMG_3831(1).jpeg.dd7b3c7aa5b615c3ea94c82e9aba3739.jpeg

IMG_3830(1).jpeg.2aed08fd35a3e51bba8cd89c17e94c3c.jpeg

IMG_3829(1).jpeg.e3d74b08fe2ad7caa4b7fd26d01f3d15.jpeg

IMG_3828(1).jpeg.7d9285074c904a927ceca8702a07b0c2.jpeg

IMG_3827(1).jpeg.09a580dfd035b48d556d3beb8398f16b.jpeg

IMG_3826(1).jpeg.3977af2bcd4a783cd411e7e0ab033b95.jpeg

Dinner last night at Waterside superb. I've mentioned from the first two cruises that the food is even better than before at Waterside.  Someone said that Waterside feels like a specialty restaurant and I second those comments. Food is presented very well. Tastes great.  And the menu diverse.IMG_3840.jpeg.5f50e92ad99922d4e69730d53fb33ad0.jpeg

IMG_3839.jpeg.db73d7795d4ddbb5151a778dab733950.jpeg

IMG_3838.jpeg.c9d9212a26affcbde7da17f5c271cf86.jpeg

White Night Party last evening.

IMG_3835.jpeg.7fd6c5f60c084de647aebef10e2e8f9a.jpeg

IMG_3834.jpeg.36a9d9a838bf59c6d4204ae2f09c25c6.jpeg 

And todays' daily Reflections.  I am hoping you can read it. I hear from someone when they can't read it or when I've made some minor mistake but not when things are readable.  Welcome to CC. LOL.

Reflectoins12:28.pdf 381.59 kB · 20 downloads

Cheers,

Keith

Hi Keith

Happy to confirm that your current method of downloading Reflections is terrific and they are very clear and readable. Would be great if the dinner menus could be downloaded in a similar way (cheeky I know😀).

Hope you don't mind me asking but has the increased passenger loading, when compared to your earlier sailings, resulted in any noticeable differences ?

Keep enjoying

Colin

5 minutes ago, kool kruiser said:

Hi Keith

Happy to confirm that your current method of downloading Reflections is terrific and they are very clear and readable. Would be great if the dinner menus could be downloaded in a similar way (cheeky I know😀).

My experience as well.  Absolutely perfect.

I can't remember all the details but what I did with menus was pull them up on my IPAD, hit "share" and email it to myself, and I got a PDF of the menu.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

55 minutes ago, kool kruiser said:

Hi Keith

Hope you don't mind me asking but has the increased passenger loading, when compared to your earlier sailings, resulted in any noticeable differences ?

Keep enjoying

Colin

Colin, in general the ship doesn't feel crowded. I remember when the ship could carry around 1,100.

I did hear the first night at Waterside when they opened the line was all the way out to the Crystal Cove.  We dined at Osteria and when it opened there were six of us here until around 7:30 PM but overall not many people.  When we went to Waterside the second night and got there a few minutes after it opened around 20 people ahead of us and then after that less.  I do remember on Holiday Cruise 2018 out of Los Angeles the first several nights a line out to the shore excursion desk.  We dined at Umi Uma the other night and got there around 6t:15 PM.  It was busy but waiters had lots of time to talk. I did read that when people arrived at 8:00 PM there was a line to get in and it was busy.  On this cruise you can go twice to each speciality restaurant (if available) so that will increase some demand.  I do not believe it will be possible to accommodate everyone twice to each restaurant.

But back to your question overall it is not very crowded. There are also a good amount of children on board since I know there are four Junior Activity Directors but I don't have the feeling of too many children either.

It's been a great cruise.

Keith

• Like 1

Hi Keith,

I'm curious about your walks around the pool deck on 12.  Are you simply walking around the pool area or are you continuing inside?  Do you feel you get a good walk doing this?  I love the promenade deck, but as you said, sometimes it's too windy.  I'm really enjoying your reporting!

Bill

Thank you Bill.  

Since I was out early morning I have found it a bit windy to walk the Promenade deck but today I did the pool area and the Promenade after that and when we anchored Anne Marie and I walked the Promenade deck.  I still get a good walk by the pool since no one is out there other than myself an one or two crew members from time to time.

We have done some walking inside but because of Anne Marie's situation we wear masks inside so when we can be outside all the better.

Happy Holidays.

Keith

• Like 1

Keith,

thanks for the menus.  everything you download is very easy to read.  you're doing a great job of keeping us up to date and well informed about the cruise.  hope you get off the ship today.  marigot is an interesting town with some marvelous restaurants.  regards to anne marie too.

8 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

Keith,

thanks for the menus.  everything you download is very easy to read.  you're doing a great job of keeping us up to date and well informed about the cruise.  hope you get off the ship today.  marigot is an interesting town with some marvelous restaurants.  regards to anne marie too.

Thank you David.  Staying on board today because it's a fairly long tender and I didn't want to wear a mask the entire time. We will get off at some of the upcoming ports.

Keith

54 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Colin, in general the ship doesn't feel crowded. I remember when the ship could carry around 1,100.

I did hear the first night at Waterside when they opened the line was all the way out to the Crystal Cove.  We dined at Osteria and when it opened there were six of us here until around 7:30 PM but overall not many people.  When we went to Waterside the second night and got there a few minutes after it opened around 20 people ahead of us and then after that less.  I do remember on Holiday Cruise 2018 out of Los Angeles the first several nights a line out to the shore excursion desk.  We dined at Umi Uma the other night and got there around 6t:15 PM.  It was busy but waiters had lots of time to talk. I did read that when people arrived at 8:00 PM there was a line to get in and it was busy.  On this cruise you can go twice to each speciality restaurant (if available) so that will increase some demand.  I do not believe it will be possible to accommodate everyone twice to each restaurant.

But back to your question overall it is not very crowded. There are also a good amount of children on board since I know there are four Junior Activity Directors but I don't have the feeling of too many children either.

It's been a great cruise.

Keith

Thanks Keith. As ever, really helpful.

Colin

• Like 1