Live From Miami & Then Crystal Serenity - A New Crystal Adventure Begins

Keith1010

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from Keith1010! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Keith1010 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Bags Packed.  Ready To Go. Can't Wait.  

A New Crystal Adventure Begins,  

We begin a new adventure today flying to Miami for a pre-cruise stay before boarding Crystal Serenity on December 23.  We will sail with some of the CC members and many guests who we have known a long time.  

Today's airport experience was great.  Maybe, because we were on one of the first flights of the day.

We arrived to the ticket counter and to our surprise they opened the counter 15+minutes early. I do not believe that has ever happened in all the years I've been flying including frequent business trips all across the nation and around the world.

Next up was TSA and we took our place on the TSA pre-check line after walking around for a while.  Guess what TSA opened 15+ minutes early.

We walked around the terminal for awhile before making our way to the gate.  Guess what. There was no mob scene with people waiting in line and not in group order.  We approached when they called our group first.

The flight is full.  We departed the gate on time and at the present time we are to arrive to Miami earlier than scheduled.  

As they say the night is young but at least the airport experience was good.

We have an amazing flight attendant and his voice is terrific.  

And the AARP magazine I brought with me featured an interview with Ringo Starr.  Amazing how well he looks at his age.

The Holiday Cruise is expected to be full or close to full.  It will be a good test to see how everything works with a full cruise.  

Happy Holidays and more in the coming days.

Keith

• Like 9

Bon voyage! Can't wait to read all about your cruise. We will be getting onboard when you get off. Enjoy every minute! I would be most interested in the types of music being played around the ship and if you see dancing (not the ballroom kind).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Bags Packed.  Ready To Go. Can't Wait.  

A New Crystal Adventure Begins,  

We begin a new adventure today flying to Miami for a pre-cruise stay before boarding Crystal Serenity on December 23.  We will sail with some of the CC members and many guests who we have known a long time.  

Today's airport experience was great.  Maybe, because we were on one of the first flights of the day.

We arrived to the ticket counter and to our surprise they opened the counter 15+minutes early. I do not believe that has ever happened in all the years I've been flying including frequent business trips all across the nation and around the world.

Next up was TSA and we took our place on the TSA pre-check line after walking around for a while.  Guess what TSA opened 15+ minutes early.

We walked around the terminal for awhile before making our way to the gate.  Guess what. There was no mob scene with people waiting in line and not in group order.  We approached when they called our group first.

The flight is full.  We departed the gate on time and at the present time we are to arrive to Miami earlier than scheduled.  

As they say the night is young but at least the airport experience was good.

We have an amazing flight attendant and his voice is terrific.  

And the AARP magazine I brought with me featured an interview with Ringo Starr.  Amazing how well he looks at his age.

The Holiday Cruise is expected to be full or close to full.  It will be a good test to see how everything works with a full cruise.  

Happy Holidays and more in the coming days.

Keith

Have a nice cruise Keith and Anne Marie. I am interested on your impressions for lunch now that the   MDR is closed on port days. Which ports of call are you visiting? Have you been there before? Are you planning any excursion?

Ivi

• Like 1

Thank you all for the very nice posts.

Ivi this is our itinerary including our pre-cruise stay.

We've been to most of the ports but all the time we've been to St. Marteen, have not visited the French side. This time we will.

Keith

12/18 Miami
12/19 Miami
12/20 Miami
12/21 Miami
12/22 Miami
12/23 Embark Miami, Florida

12/24 Sea Day
12/25 Sea Day

12/26 St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
12/27 St. John's
12/28 Margot, French West Indies
12/29 St. Lucia, West Indies
12/30 Barbados
12/31 St. Georges, Grenada
1/1 St. Kitts
1/2 Road Town, British Virgin Islands
1/3 Sea Day
1/4 Sea Day
1/5 Debark Miami, Florida

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am also staying several nights in Miami before my cruise. I usually stay at South Beach. Looking forward to explore a new neighborhood this time: Brickell.

By the way at the Mandarin Oriental, there is a good Peruvian restaurant from Gaston Acurio and his wife Astrid. I have enjoyed many times their creations in Lima, Peru. 

Ivi

• Like 1

We are all settled at the Hotel and have already gone on a couple of nice walks.  It's 72 degrees but with a nice breeze.

We are staying at the Four Seasons Hotel. Our first stay here was in 2007 as this was the hotel that Crystal used for the pre-World Cruise hotel in 2007 including a World Cruise Gala.

Our last stay was in November of 2021.  Since then the hotel was sold and the new owners made several updates to the Hotel including updating the rooms with new furniture and carpeting.  Overall, they did a nice job but ironically the closet has less hanging room. Sound familiar.  LOL

These are some photos of our room.

IMG_3600.jpeg.4e25b421542270dcb4902207f8916d80.jpegIMG_3603.jpeg.b76851b6d11da01ac9cf7c718693909d.jpegIMG_3602.jpeg.a081c5efd637a969f8d111e3b623a99a.jpegIMG_3601.jpeg.02140068d13766aa4f0e4ef8ea58c904.jpeg

Service is excellent and they are very responsive.

I am sitting outside in the back of the hotel near the pool area. It's 72 degrees F with a nice breeze.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 3

The next time someone complains about the new carpets in the 2023 renovated suites I’ll direct them to the Four Seasons in Miami. Suddenly I’m not too bothered with the carpet selections for the newly renovated accommodations on both Serenity and Symphony!  Welcome to Miami, Keith and Anne Marie. Counting days!! 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Ashley, 

Anne Marie and I were talking about the carpeting here and I mentioned some of the comments that people have made about the Crystal Carpeting. For me, it's just great to be traveling and it's not like I am buying the place.  

See you soon.

Keith

• Like 6

5 hours ago, goldengatecruisers said:

The next time someone complains about the new carpets in the 2023 renovated suites I’ll direct them to the Four Seasons in Miami. Suddenly I’m not too bothered with the carpet selections for the newly renovated accommodations on both Serenity and Symphony!  Welcome to Miami, Keith and Anne Marie. Counting days!! 

We sailed Serenity for 11 nights from Reykjavik to Quebec City in September, and if you put a gun to my head, I could not tell you what the carpets looked like in the halls or in our suite. People who comment on such things, either positively or negatively, really need to give their head a shake! It's a carpet! Who cares?? 😁😁

• Like 4

Bon voyage, Keith and Anne Marie!

For some unknown reason, I thought Marigot has been replaced with St Barts. Perhaps that’s for another sailing. On my Nov. sailing, Marigot replaced St Barts.

Guests have not been thrilled with Marigot, which seems to have suffered from the pandemic, after struggling to come back after the hurricane. There actually were many stalls in a lot directly across from where the tender docks, with low-end things up to nice things, and a reasonable variety, once you actually explore every single stall. Phil hiked up to the fort for a nice view.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, May B said:

For some unknown reason, I thought Marigot has been replaced with St Barts. Perhaps that’s for another sailing. On my Nov. sailing, Marigot replaced St Barts.

Guests have not been thrilled with Marigot, which seems to have suffered from the pandemic, after struggling to come back after the hurricane. There actually were many stalls in a lot directly across from where the tender docks, with low-end things up to nice things, and a reasonable variety, once you actually explore every single stall. Phil hiked up to the fort for a nice view.

Thank you Muriel.

Marigot is still on our itinerary.  When we booked the cruise the itinerary called for St. Marteen.  

Another port which changed was a stop at Paradise Island Nassau which was replaced.

When we visited St. Marteen over the years we never went over to Marigot so we'll probably tender over there or maybe I will do that but the other option is to make it our own sea day.

Keith

• Like 1

A change from the last time we stayed at the Four Seasons is the use of the Four Seasons App. They had one when we last stayed here in 2021 but they have expanded its use.  I discovered this when I asked for a breakfast menu card to fill out and hang on the door. This no longer exists. Instead you can call room service in advance or the morning you desire breakfast or use the App.

The app has other features such as pre-arrival requests and requests while you are at the hotel. For example you can request make up and/or turn down service at a specific time or request to have it done at the earliest time.  You can even request more large bottles of water, coffee pods, cream and sugar/sweetener.  I did the latter and asked for th earliest time thinking that would be tomorrow but after I submitted the request, I realized it would likely be the same day.  This was confirmed with a knock on the door a few minutes later. That is excellent customer service.

Keith

• Like 1

4 hours ago, May B said:

Marigot has been replaced by St. Barts for the January 5th cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great day in Miami. Fabulous weather.

Walked from the hotel up Brickell over to the Intercontinental Hotel. Anne Marie stayed there while I proceeded North and then walked over the bridge to the Port Of Miami. This is something we like to do on each visit.  I passed the arena where the Miami Heat play their home games. We have seen several games at the arena on past visits.  Only one ship was in port and ironically it was at the terminal which we will embark on the 23rd. We walked to a few other places as we passed many familiar sites.

This even included a vessel named Grand Luxe near the Intercontinental Hotel which we have seen numerous times this time of year. We believe it sells art work. At least that is what it did several years ago.  

We think the owner of the Susie Q II is not very pleased at the position of their vessel as you can see in the photo we've included.

After lunch we took a walk from the hotel over to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel located on Brickell Key a 44 acre man-made island built in 1943.  We walked around the entire perimeter of the island except for the slight detour due to construction behind the hotel.

Cheers,

Keith

IMG_3625.jpeg.d85a23b8d8eb0612e53b3ee60c2ebd34.jpeg

IMG_3623.jpeg.b82cd88c672719a0ad32f233e75ed565.jpeg

IMG_3619.jpeg.4164eac10fd2adc0f59609826ff52e69.jpeg

IMG_3618.jpeg.eec8e3514e17ab82802a75266a639ea7.jpeg

IMG_3627.jpeg.627396e043ea3ddc051d18f1dee01117.jpeg

IMG_3611(1).jpeg.4b2724d1b79566dddcf8872e9febe262.jpeg

IMG_3610.jpeg.4c40a1214dc3d97c2450003bd2277098.jpeg

IMG_3606.jpeg.f734fc3fea3da110c938388002e4ea79.jpeg

IMG_3609.jpeg.5b65b00a3dd0fcf7faa6f8174efc7c55.jpeg

IMG_3608.jpeg.b4d16ef8882e729736203c6d455b14fc.jpeg