Chairmen's Cruise On Board Crystal Symphony

Keith1010

I was in Morocco and was leaving the day after it started.  Everything was dead during the day and restaurants and tourist sites were closed.  It became crazy after sunset as the fast can then be broken for that day.  Its crazy, even the tea shops, coffee shops are closed as it is forbidden to eat or drink anything, including water, from sun up to sun down.

On 12/28/2023 at 2:01 PM, zigtraveller said:

I'm really surprised that they have chosen this as the itinerary given the current political environment.  Not for me. 

I was surprised to see this itinerary too, more so due it falling in the middle of Ramadan which is more strictly observed in KSA than it is in some of the more cosmopolitan Arab countries… Having lived in this part of the world for a long time now the current situation is not so much the issue….

Anne

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, cruisr said:

And the pre cruise land for the 6 day cruise is entirely in Saudi Arabia.  Its also very expensive but that is to be expected for A and K.

It is, and apart from A & K being high-end and very expensive, accommodation in AlUla is very expensive.  What struck me was how expensive the 6 day partial cruise fare is - is cruising with these “two luminaries of the travel world” so exclusive it warrants a 50% increase in the per diem solo fare when compared against the same for the full Mumbai to Athens cruise that it is a 6 day part of???    I’m not sure I see any logic in that pricing strategy when the cruise is only a couple of months away??? 

Anne.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kinky Boats said:

I received an exclusive invitation for a North Pole cruise. I thought maybe it was a Chairmen's cruise, but it is only the Ambassador who will be on board. Still, not inexpensive at almost $50,000 per person for 18 days!

Yes, I received one also.  Actually I would rather cruise with Fernando, who is fabulous, than the other two.  Though I do know someone who knows Kent well nd says he is a nice chap,  The North Pole does have a ring to it as an answer to someone’s question about a favorite place visited.  Especially since it seems everyone I know has been to Antarctica, LOL.