Deluxe Beverage Package - "Senior Savings"

surgie

I have the Deluxe Beverage Package reserved (by my TA) for my husband and myself and our adult children for our July 2024 cruise. When I logged into my account yesterday, I noticed that the package is 35% off for "senior savings sale". I assume that the senior sale is due to the age of my husband and myself and that the others in our family do not quality. My TA is on vacation this week but before I follow up with her, just wondered if the senior sale is common to other cruise offerings like dining or excursions. This is the first time I've seen it since I booked over a year ago and I check the site often. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

What do the others see in their cruise planner? 

We saw 35% off for anybody that was over the age of 65 on our upcoming cruises.  For those of us that are under 65 it was whatever the sale price was for this current sale.

So we actually had two separate prices for the two people in the cabin, one was 35% off and one was 25% off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, #1packerfan said:

We saw 35% off for anybody that was over the age of 65 on our upcoming cruises.  For those of us that are under 65 it was whatever the sale price was for this current sale.

So we actually had two separate prices for the two people in the cabin, one was 35% off and one was 25% off.

Thanks, that probably answers question for OP.

• Like 2

Thanks all - I do the math every time I see a price change and of course "35% off" is not really that much less than when I cancelled and rebooked awhile back but it does save some for the two of us who are over 65. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, surgie said:

Thanks all - I do the math every time I see a price change and of course "35% off" is not really that much less than when I cancelled and rebooked awhile back but it does save some for the two of us who are over 65. 

I'm curious what the senior age is. When booking a cruise, RCI (sometimes) offers a senior rate to those guests that are 55 and over. I wonder if the price reduction age for the DBP also starts at 55.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm curious what the senior age is. When booking a cruise, RCI (sometimes) offers a senior rate to those guests that are 55 and over. I wonder if the price reduction age for the DBP also starts at 55.

We are guessing it is 65. I am 62 and my husband is 65 and it shows the 35% off for him but not for me. Same with any of the rest of our party that is over 65 versus under 65.

That said, when we book a cruise if there is a senior rate then I qualify even if he is not there because that starts at 55.

So for whatever reason the senior rate on the DBP is 65.

Edited by #1packerfan
  • Like 2

I constantly look at the pricing of the beverage and Internet packages.   For our cruise in September 2024, I had purchased the beverage package at "buy one get one 50% off" ($77.99 pd/pp).

I saw the Senior Savings Sale a few days ago and the beverage package was $67.99 pd/pp).   So I cancelled the $77.99 pd/pp and rebooked the Senior Savings Sale price.   So for two people the new price was a good savings.  

Royal was very quick to charge me for the new package but I haven't received a refund yet for my original package.  

Internet package still the same:  $19.99 per day for one device.  

I'll keep checking.   The prices might go down again....

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 2:24 PM, Beachin2 said:

Saved us $82.60 bottom line. Also are D+, but we prefer better brands of liquor so use the coupons for specialty coffees, etc.

Do you stay on the ship in port?

You do realize you could just pay overage?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scrapbookhappy11 said:

I am going on the Ovation of the Seas this coming July.  I don't drink soda, but drink lots of water daily. Just wonder how much the beverage/alcohol costs per day or week.  

Please clarify. Do you plan on drinking lots of alcohol? There are 3 beverage packages available, Alcohol, non-alcohol and bottled water. Tap water is free. Prices vary by ship and itinerary. Prices for the alcohol package can range from $60 - $100/day.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 1:37 PM, kokopelli-az said:

I constantly look at the pricing of the beverage and Internet packages.   For our cruise in September 2024, I had purchased the beverage package at "buy one get one 50% off" ($77.99 pd/pp).

I saw the Senior Savings Sale a few days ago and the beverage package was $67.99 pd/pp).   So I cancelled the $77.99 pd/pp and rebooked the Senior Savings Sale price.   So for two people the new price was a good savings.  

Royal was very quick to charge me for the new package but I haven't received a refund yet for my original package.  

Internet package still the same:  $19.99 per day for one device.  

I'll keep checking.   The prices might go down again....

I rebooked for the senior price on Dec 22nd, I received the refund on the 26th

• Like 2