New Princess App available

iamaqt2

42 minutes ago, nazpaz said:

On the new app, just under days to go, there's a "Check-in" tab.  If I tap on it, it takes me to the dreaded Shoreside payment method.

However, if I don't tap on it but, instead, swipe left, other tabs appear.  One of those is "Boarding Pass."  It says "proceed to Green Lane."  If I tap on that tab, it gives me the check in QR code, and again reports "Green Lane" - as well as other check in information.

So, even in the app, if you don't want to provide a Shoreside payment method, you still get assigned to the Green Lane.

Anyone want to confirm this on their new app?

We're 14 days out, completed the check-in process to include adding the Shoreside CC, but no QR code yet. 

37 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Cannot access OLD or NEW app

That is promising, hopefully they are working on the backend 👍🏻

I just logged out and back in. No changes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I presume the steps you are doing are the following:

1. Login to App using Name, BD, Booking Number
  2. Tap on Profile icon at the bottom right.
  3. From Profile Menu, do you have "Change Password"?
  4. That screen then asks for old password and entry of a new password 2X.

Wondering what error you get.

The other option is from the App Splash Page (not logged in yet), have you tried "Forgot My Password"?

That takes you to a screen where you enter Name, BD, Email and presumably you get an email from Princess.  The next screen indicates you receive an email if the account exists.  I would venture that no email received means that what you think your email address is does not agree with what Princess has and therefore making a change this way is not going to work.

All this said, with others reporting similar challenge, it could be a bug.  We should all be able to have same ID/Pswd combination for website and App.  ID is normally one's email address.

PS - I did try the last process and as of posting this note, I have not received an email and there is nothing wrong with my info AFAIK since I can login to both Apps and the Website with no issue.

I cannot go thru the step 3 because it would NOT accept the existing password that has been used on the website.  Therefore there is NO WAY to even change password.

The "Forgot My Password" function, does not even work well on Princess website -

For whatever unknown reason, Princess seems ALWAYS rejects my log in - may be I only went there as needed, when we booked a cruise.  The time span in between log in might be too far apart and the system deletes the credential.  I am just guessing.

So I need to go thru the "Forget My Password" very frequently to get the Password Reset email, which does NOT always come!

Here is the "fun" part - when I finally was able to reset the password (usually is the Same old password) Princess site would say, Password Reset Successful, or something to that effect.  Now continue to log in your My Princess.  However, when I followed the lead to log in - the first time it would AGAIN give me error message!   I often have to wait a few minutes and try a couple more times, before being able to log in.  It has been like that for at least 2 or 3 years.  Since I only need to go to Princess site when we have an upcoming cruise, I just endure such stupidity of the web site malfunction. 

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

What ship and sailing? I tried it, and it did not work for the Sun Princess. 

I’m on Sapphire.  I’m wondering if the reason you may not be seeing it for Sun is due to same issues others have been posting about with all dining reservations?

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The other option is from the App Splash Page (not logged in yet), have you tried "Forgot My Password"?

That takes you to a screen where you enter Name, BD, Email and presumably you get an email from Princess.  The next screen indicates you receive an email if the account exists.  I would venture that no email received means that what you think your email address is does not agree with what Princess has and therefore making a change this way is not going to work.

All this said, with others reporting similar challenge, it could be a bug.  We should all be able to have same ID/Pswd combination for website and App.  ID is normally one's email address.

PS - I did try the last process and as of posting this note, I have not received an email and there is nothing wrong with my info AFAIK since I can login to both Apps and the Website with no issue.

Thanks for your response. Yep tried the steps 1 to 4 above and all goes through OK but right at the end I get a system error. I don't want to go down the forgot password route as I have no confidence with Princess IT at all. In the old App it even displays a screen "save changes " but nothing changes when I select it and have to select "discard changes" to get out.

I can still log in so I don't want to end up in a bigger mess. I'm trying to just change my password back to a former one. Stupidly I was trying to check the App for my wife and used the same email address as I have. I thought this would be ok as you have to put in her birth details etc and when I input her password nothing worked for her and I ended up with her password. We can still use the booking number way but that isn't as easy to remember as a password. For my wife I should have just started at the Sign Up and gone from scratch. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nho9504 said:

I cannot go thru the step 3 because it would NOT accept the existing password that has been used on the website.  Therefore there is NO WAY to even change password.

The "Forgot My Password" function, does not even work well on Princess website -

For whatever unknown reason, Princess seems ALWAYS rejects my log in - may be I only went there as needed, when we booked a cruise.  The time span in between log in might be too far apart and the system deletes the credential.  I am just guessing.

So I need to go thru the "Forget My Password" very frequently to get the Password Reset email, which does NOT always come!

Here is the "fun" part - when I finally was able to reset the password (usually is the Same old password) Princess site would say, Password Reset Successful, or something to that effect.  Now continue to log in your My Princess.  However, when I followed the lead to log in - the first time it would AGAIN give me error message!   I often have to wait a few minutes and try a couple more times, before being able to log in.  It has been like that for at least 2 or 3 years.  Since I only need to go to Princess site when we have an upcoming cruise, I just endure such stupidity of the web site malfunction. 

• Like 1

Got all checked in on the new app and went to the "Journey" tab and it has us boarding a week early! It even has the daily schedule. So I called and the CSR assured me that we are boarding the following week and the APP IS WRONG! She said what I see on the website with my booking number is correct. I hope so! Wow.  Scary.

22 hours ago, nho9504 said:

My recollection is, I was not able to log in the app using the website credentials - the only way to make the App worked was to use Booking reference.  Since we only have 1 booking, so this is not an issue to us unlike many of you who have multiple bookings to manage.

With both the old app, the new app, and the web version I always log in with the same credentials I use on the main Princess site. I never have to use a booking number.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Hermitogo said:

Got all checked in on the new app and went to the "Journey" tab and it has us boarding a week early! It even has the daily schedule. So I called and the CSR assured me that we are boarding the following week and the APP IS WRONG! She said what I see on the website with my booking number is correct. I hope so! Wow.  Scary.

Wow!  Is the old App showing correctly?  Just curious.

As long as the website shows correct information, you’re good to go.

5 hours ago, nho9504 said:

A while back I was required to change my password on the Princess site as it didn't contain a "special character". I never had another issue. No idea if this is related to your problem but, if you don't have an Upper Case, Lower Case, and a Special Character it can cause issues with your login.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We're 14 days out, completed the check-in process to include adding the Shoreside CC, but no QR code yet. 

Why do people worry about the QR Code? Not one person has ever been asked for it so I don't understand why anybody cares.

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Why do people worry about the QR Code? Not one person has ever been asked for it so I don't understand why anybody cares.

I think it's because of information like this from Princess (an email I got today).  BTW, I agree that it isn't needed).
image.png.5a384b5756bdd47e3b9a230cfda7d080.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Just for fun, I tried doing steps 1-4 on my old app after logging into it using the Booking option. When I entered my PCL credentials password, which has at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one special character, and it’s 10 characters long, and works just fine when I log onto my Personalizer, it said the “old” password was incorrect. When I tried the Forget Password option, it said my credentials email address I entered was incorrect. So, with that, I decided to stick with logging in with a Booking number. 😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just for fun, I tried doing steps 1-4 on my old app after logging into it using the Booking option. When I entered my PCL credentials password, which has at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one special character, and it’s 10 characters long, and works just fine when I log onto my Personalizer, it said the “old” password was incorrect. When I tried the Forget Password option, it said my credentials email address I entered was incorrect. So, with that, I decided to stick with logging in with a Booking number. 😁

Well, at least you learned something.  The App does not have your correct email address.  Or, at least not the same email address as your profile in CC Member profile. 

You don't have to keep doing "stuff", but when you login in using Booking Number, try opening up your profile and what email address is listed?  If it is the one you tried earlier, then you have likely stumbled upon yet another long-time bug.  You can also access Profile from website after gaining access there and see what all info is there for you. 

Boggles my mind how PCL can corrupt data and don't seem to do anything much about it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

A while back I was required to change my password on the Princess site as it didn't contain a "special character". I never had another issue. No idea if this is related to your problem but, if you don't have an Upper Case, Lower Case, and a Special Character it can cause issues with your login.

I have ALL of the above plus a number.  Princess website even gives a green mark indicating the password is strong.   Yet I cannot log in the App, plus every time when we have booked a cruise I go to Princess, it would not recognize my credentials, that I suspect it is due to the absence between log in is longer than a time frame the system allows.  Since these days we only cruise on Princess May be once every 18 to 20 mints, the system purges my log in credential.

Medallion App never recognizes the website credential, ever.  It takes the booking number though.  Since it serves the purpose, I can live with that.  

• Thanks 1

OceanFront Navigator onboard assures me my loyalty level is “being fixed right now,” and “of course the Shoreside Transactions is a choice” - he was not at all willing to listen to my explanation that removing my credit card authorization meant the app indicated I had not completed the check-in process, and as I’m now onboard, I could not walk him through the steps so he could see it for himself.  I was looking up the booking number for my May cruise to use it to show him, but he dismissed that idea, telling me he needed a booking number for a cruise in the next two weeks to be able to test it. ???  Have to admit, that’s a new twist on creative IT responses, and I’ve certainly heard quite a few over these past couple of years.

Bottom line: wait for the next update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, kamelia said:

OceanFront Navigator onboard assures me my loyalty level is “being fixed right now,” and “of course the Shoreside Transactions is a choice” - he was not at all willing to listen to my explanation that removing my credit card authorization meant the app indicated I had not completed the check-in process, and as I’m now onboard, I could not walk him through the steps so he could see it for himself.  I was looking up the booking number for my May cruise to use it to show him, but he dismissed that idea, telling me he needed a booking number for a cruise in the next two weeks to be able to test it. ???  Have to admit, that’s a new twist on creative IT responses, and I’ve certainly heard quite a few over these past couple of years.

Bottom line: wait for the next update.

Not surprised.  The Ocean Medallion staff can be very arrogant at times.  It's their job to defend the App.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

This.

Wish I would have read this before my DD spent hours trying to get the old app to work. She also discovered that the web version doesn't require a special character, but the old app does....

14 hours ago, Hermitogo said:

Got all checked in on the new app and went to the "Journey" tab and it has us boarding a week early! It even has the daily schedule. So I called and the CSR assured me that we are boarding the following week and the APP IS WRONG!

I think it's great that so many customers have 'volunteered' to test the app for the global innovators.

Very gracious of y'all.

image.thumb.png.f594fbe73aad57c5cd1381c1c01a2129.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I think it's great that so many customers have 'volunteered' to test the app for the global innovators.

Very gracious of y'all.

image.thumb.png.f594fbe73aad57c5cd1381c1c01a2129.png

Lol.  Don’t think it’s by choice, for those of us that have cruises coming up soon! 🥴

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Well, at least you learned something.  The App does not have your correct email address.  Or, at least not the same email address as your profile in CC Member profile. 

You don't have to keep doing "stuff", but when you login in using Booking Number, try opening up your profile and what email address is listed?  If it is the one you tried earlier, then you have likely stumbled upon yet another long-time bug.  You can also access Profile from website after gaining access there and see what all info is there for you. 

Boggles my mind how PCL can corrupt data and don't seem to do anything much about it.

It's the same email address. But no big deal. As long as we can access our account through the App using a booking number, it's all good. 

• Like 2

May have stumbled onto explanation for why future cruises were dropped from profile on new app: you can no longer access future cruises using the app once onboard, not even by logging in using booking number.  Went to OceanFront to ask why I cannot use the app to book my dining reservations for my May cruise.  Same Navigator, same obfuscation.  “Of course you can book them, you just have to go to the web version of the app.”  I couldn’t help myself, I looked him square in the eyes and asked, “so just how helpful is this app?”  As @SCX22 suggested, he immediately jumped to defense mode, saying that too many people were using the app to change their dining reservations and it messed up the booking system, so that’s why it’s no longer possible to access future cruises.  SMH.

On a MUCH happier note, we saw a couple of Southern Right Whales off in the distance about 20 minutes ago, a wonderful reminder of why I cruise.  🤗

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1