New Princess App available

iamaqt2

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

This sometimes happens, if it is a new booking and you’ve just changed or added another cruise recently.  It should correct itself, but not always.

I would send a message to IT to correct this.  Make sure to show your full names, DOB, and  sailing date, booking number, etc for BOTH 

trips.  

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Most important is that the website shows your cruises correctly.

Thank you so much I will certainly send a message with all details to the address you have quoted. I had been looking for how to contact IT on the Princess site, which has the correct infor for both cruises. Again thank you so much. Jeanine

1 hour ago, Fuses04 said:

We are saling June on Sun Princess and have downloaded the new App. Unfortunatley the new App does not show any details of our booked cruise, whereas the old App does. Tried adding new journey in the new App and the app states the journey has already been added. Any ides/help very much welcome.

thanks

Don’t try to add or reregister, as it can create more problems.

Do you have a cruise before this Sun cruise?  The new App only

shows your next cruise.  All other cruises you have to login using the booking number for each

one.

If it is the next cruise, try logging in with your booking number on the new App.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Don’t try to add or reregister, as it can create more problems.

Do you have a cruise before this Sun cruise?  The new App only

shows your next cruise.  All other cruises you have to login using the booking number for each

one.

If it is the next cruise, try logging in with your booking number on the new App.

Thanks for advice. This is our next cruise, no others booked with Princess and have logged out and logged back in with booking number and again no cruise details. Just get options to explore dining, shop cruises, furture cruise deposit. Some general info under my account including Add a journey

14 minutes ago, Fuses04 said:

Thanks for advice. This is our next cruise, no others booked with Princess and have logged out and logged back in with booking number and again no cruise details. Just get options to explore dining, shop cruises, furture cruise deposit. Some general info under my account including Add a journey

Clear your cache/history and then try to login using your booking number on the new App.  See if that brings your booking up.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 4:02 PM, nasa1974 said:

As far as credit card information for shoreside use, I'll wait until I have my Medallion and then delete the information from the app. I know I can do it now, but I'd rather wait.

Good idea because I have the new app and having problems signing on to the old app. 

(On ship) VPN caused ships time to advance… after I had my Virtual Private Network switched on and off a few times I noticed that “ships time” as displayed by the new app was 20 minutes *fast* and it was incrementing as time passed … still fast.  … I restarted the app and it synced up correctly, showing the same time as my phone.  

If using a VPN be aware…  I haven’t played with it to further characterize this problem, but I thought it worth noting.  

Edited by Digisailor
On ship
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Digisailor said:

(On ship) VPN caused ships time to advance… after I had my Virtual Private Network switched on and off a few times I noticed that “ships time” as displayed by the new app was 20 minutes *fast* and it was incrementing as time passed … still fast.  … I restarted the app and it synced up correctly, showing the same time as my phone.  

If using a VPN be aware…  I haven’t played with it to further characterize this problem, but I thought it worth noting.  

That is so weird! 

On 2/11/2024 at 3:54 PM, RocknRoll22 said:

Is "app" a question?

What happens if you add a group of words to that search bar, as a question? What comes back then?

New app

1 minute ago, Mvenn said:

The new app is not showing our elite status in profile. Last year I was given an email to someone who was able to fix it on previous app but I did not keep the email address. Does anyone know what email address to use to fix the issue

Edited by Mvenn

46 minutes ago, Mvenn said:

I had that problem and finally bit the bullet and called. Took a while, but it actually got fixed. 

I don't know the email address, but if somebody provides you with it, you should be sure to list out the booking numbers for all your upcoming cruises. Common sense would say that if they fix it for one, it'll be fixed for all. But common sense doesn't apply here, and the lady on the phone insisted on putting in a ticket for all three of mine. 

On 12/27/2023 at 6:21 PM, doghog said:

On the bottom of the app you'll see 5 different icons. Tap on the profile icon.  Tap on OceanReady Checklist. Scroll down to you see your name. Under your name you should see a green circled check mark and Ready to Sail in green.  I'm assuming that means you are in the green lane. Tap on your name and each line item will have a green circled check mark next to them. At least my wife shows that way. Mine has one line item not green. Mine says 6 out of 7 completed. I'm not giving permission for Shoreside payment method. New requirement. We both were green lane in the previous app. I'm still considering myself in the green lane. I may call Princess and challenge the Shoreside payment method request. 

Didn't have time to read through all 56 pages so apologies in advance if you dog this corrected. I'm having the same problems! Ugh! and it won't let me order my Medallions for a Mar 16 cruise until I've completed check-in.....which I can't. I hope there's a way to bypass giving you CC details for Shoreside payments. 

38 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Didn't have time to read through all 56 pages so apologies in advance if you dog this corrected. I'm having the same problems! Ugh! and it won't let me order my Medallions for a Mar 16 cruise until I've completed check-in.....which I can't. I hope there's a way to bypass giving you CC details for Shoreside payments. 

The bypass has been suggested in a couple of ways.  Add your CC, order Medallions, delete CC.  Others have entered an old expired gift card they had around or an expired CC - anything to get the entry to accept and move on.  

48 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Leaving in 5 days on a cruise.  All my info is gone on  both the new app and the old app. Entering my booking number only tells me no booking is found. Am I the only one with problems?

What do you mean by "entering".  If you are logging in using Booking Number, you also supply Name and Birthdate.

57 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Leaving in 5 days on a cruise.  All my info is gone on  both the new app and the old app. Entering my booking number only tells me no booking is found. Am I the only one with problems?

I’m having the same issue 😏

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

What do you mean by "entering".  If you are logging in using Booking Number, you also supply Name and Birthdate.

When I pulled up the app it said hello (my name)  That was all it had.  It was as though I'd never entered any information/preferences into it other than my name.  My next cruise didn't show,  It wanted me to enter the booking number to start.  When I did, it said that wasn't a valid number. Same was true of the old app.

Just for fun, I tried downloading the new app on my old Amazon Fire 7.  When Princess upgraded the old app to a newer version, the little Fire tablet couldn't handle the new operating system requirements.  I had to buy a new android tablet with the latest operating system version in order to finish booking my cruise.  (This is when Princess decided to discontinue the web version of the Personalizer and required completing your booking through the app.)

Well, surprise! surprise!  The new Princess App works just fine on the Amazon Fire 7.  Maybe Amazon automatically updated the Fire operating system, but whatever, I'm going to take it with me on my next cruise.  I wonder if people who have phones with older operating systems will also be able to handle the new app.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

When I pulled up the app it said hello (my name)  That was all it had.  It was as though I'd never entered any information/preferences into it other than my name.  My next cruise didn't show,  It wanted me to enter the booking number to start.  When I did, it said that wasn't a valid number. Same was true of the old app.

The first part of the above reads like you were already logged in with userid/password?  Where specifically were you entering the booking number?  Were you attempting to respond to the link about "add a booking" or "link a booking"?  If so, that doesn't work and it is sad that PCK IT still has that there as none of us understand why it is there.

If you login using userid (email address typically) and password and do not see a cruise booking, use the alternate login method of Name, Birthdate, Booking number.  If this last suggestion is what you were actually doing, then try doing the same thing with the web version of the App (link can be found in Cruise Personalizer).  If that also does not work, you need to contact the OCEAN IT team as you must have some piece of corrupt data that is preventing a login to a booking.

21 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The first part of the above reads like you were already logged in with userid/password?  Where specifically were you entering the booking number?  Were you attempting to respond to the link about "add a booking" or "link a booking"?  If so, that doesn't work and it is sad that PCK IT still has that there as none of us understand why it is there

I was doing this last night, and yes, I was already logged in when I pulled up the app. My only option was to add a booking which, thanks to you, I now know doesn’t work. But now both the old and new apps are back to normal. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 5:20 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Clear your cache/history and then try to login using your booking number on the new App.  See if that brings your booking up.

My cache is cleared automatically each time I close the browser, however I did a manual clear but no luck with the new App. Similar to aniother reported porblem here, just shows my name, some genric information but nothing about the next cruise; it recpoginises the cruise booking is already registered. Emailed Princess a couple of day back but no response

16 minutes ago, Fuses04 said:

My cache is cleared automatically each time I close the browser, however I did a manual clear but no luck with the new App. Similar to aniother reported porblem here, just shows my name, some genric information but nothing about the next cruise; it recpoginises the cruise booking is already registered. Emailed Princess a couple of day back but no response

If you’re traveling with someone, have them try to pull it up by logging in with the booking number also.  

IDK, what they are doing with the new App.  Hopefully, they will get back to you.  They do work by date of travel, so don’t know when you’re traveling.  A lot of folks seem to have corrupt data. Keep rechecking the App as it may appear.

If you don’t hear back soon, you could email customer relations and ask for their help.  Your TA/CVP may be able to escalate.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Edited by PacnGoNow

18 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

If you’re traveling with someone, have them try to pull it up by logging in with the booking number also.  

IDK, what they are doing with the new App.  Hopefully, they will get back to you.  They do work by date of travel, so don’t know when you’re traveling.  A lot of folks seem to have corrupt data. Keep rechecking the App as it may appear.

If you don’t hear back soon, you could email customer relations and ask for their help.  Your TA/CVP may be able to escalate.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Thanks again, my wife is having the same issue. Have tried to log onto web version, via princess account, using booking number and get a messag back saying something went wrong try again later. Cruise is correctly registered in main princess account.

We are sailing from Barcelona on June 1st, on Sun Princess. Using the new App, I am “ready to sail” but my sister cannot get the App to allow her to sign the contract. Any suggestions please?