New Princess App available

iamaqt2

Just now, voljeep said:

thanks ... is the loyalty level the color of the medallion next to the profile pic?  If so, Princess has got some 'splainin to do since my medallion is BLUE - woo-hoo

Yes, and below my name it says elite in white lettering with a black background box. I've heard people have had issues with their loyalty level not showing up correctly. I think it can be cleared up with a message to Princess. 

2 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Yes, and below my name it says elite in white lettering with a black background box. I've heard people have had issues with their loyalty level not showing up correctly. I think it can be cleared up with a message to Princess. 

yep - profile pic, blue medallion - my name - 

no white lettering or black background box

Just now, voljeep said:

yep - profile pic, blue medallion - my name - 

no white lettering or black background box

I will say, it's annoying when they get it wrong. Can you book specialty dining? I cannot. I'm sure you can clear up the loyalty level easier than I can clear up specialty dining. Not sure which is worse, they both would bother me. Good luck getting that resolved. I hope its a quick and easy fix. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

I will say, it's annoying when they get it wrong. Can you book specialty dining? I cannot. I'm sure you can clear up the loyalty level easier than I can clear up specialty dining. Not sure which is worse, they both would bother me. Good luck getting that resolved. I hope its a quick and easy fix. 

started a 

'chat' - longer than normal  wait times.  and I can't book specialty and 'pay for' with dining credits - thought this might be the reason - but on SUN in October - with the changes coming, it may be too soon?

14 ahead of me in the 'que for CHAT - 🦄

Edited by voljeep

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

thanks ... is the loyalty level the color of the medallion next to the profile pic?  If so, Princess has got some 'splainin to do since my medallion is BLUE - woo-hoo

@voljeep  see the screen prints below when selecting dining type.  There is a box to select for premiere. Does that work?  I don’t have premiere so I can’t test it. 

IMG_1311.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@voljeep  see the screen prints below when selecting dining type.  There is a box to select for premiere. Does that work?  I don’t have premiere so I can’t test it. 

IMG_1311.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

UGH, sorry you have that problem as well!!

None of it works for us. We get all the way, see either $$ due or it balance out to zero and a big error. Different error message on the web-such a pain. We are also on the Sun, in August. I do suspect the problem will continue until we sail. It's super frustrating. I would say the inability to book for you is likely an app glitch, like we have. It's probably not loyalty related, but it could be. 

Good luck. The chat was unsuccessful for me. They only tried to book under the web, and found the same problem. They said, wait until you are on board.... I mentioned to them that was unhelpful. lol Good luck and careful. I got kicked out once on the chat when I tried to open the chat window up bigger, and had to wait all over again....

Really hope it's successful for you!!

Edited by jennybenny

3 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

IMG_1311.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

THANKS - I'll try that !

nope - error when hitting reserve, and no credit showing

My new booking I made on May 16 shows up on Personalizer but not on the App.

When I added my new booking number it shows Error.

Maybe too early to see it on the App.

27 minutes ago, phabric said:

Same for us, 2026 cruise not showing in the App - have not tried to add it with the booking number.  We can see it on the website, so just waiting to see if it resolves on it’s own.

I will make sure to have this escalated for your loyalty status to be corrected on the app. As for your dining, you can be able to book your main dining anytime once your loyalty status has been corrected but for the specialty dining, regardless of the guest loyalty, the booking should really be fully paid first to take advantage of the items included in the Princess Premier.  per CHAT

Just now, voljeep said:

I will make sure to have this escalated for your loyalty status to be corrected on the app. As for your dining, you can be able to book your main dining anytime once your loyalty status has been corrected but for the specialty dining, regardless of the guest loyalty, the booking should really be fully paid first to take advantage of the items included in the Princess Premier.  per CHAT

I really apologize for this, XXX. I have refreshed your booking already so hopefully, this will update the app's data. But I will make sure to have this escalated to our higher support. The processing timeframe for the escalation ticket is up to 3 to 5 business days.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

web version - this booking has already been claimed ... grrrrr

Don’t try to add it, just use the booking ID, name and date of birth to access. That *might* work on the web version.

Sorry the chat wasn’t 100% helpful 

4 hours ago, phabric said:

Yes, give it a few days.  It will show up in the App.

Do not try to add or link, they DO NOT work, never have.  They should remove those non functional tasks.

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

I really apologize for this, XXX. I have refreshed your booking already so hopefully, this will update the app's data. But I will make sure to have this escalated to our higher support. The processing timeframe for the escalation ticket is up to 3 to 5 business days.

LMK if they do ever fix it. TIA

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Trying to make specialty dining reservations for my party of 6.  2 have premiere and 4 of us do not.  The total in the app is $52.50, have been seeing this for a few weeks and not sure if its just a glitch or what.  It shows cover charge for everyone not just the 4 without premier.  The subtotal is $175 for 5 adults and $17.50 for the one child but the total is $52.50 which I don't understand.  Should I just book it and assume the difference will be settled in the account onboard?  

Screenshot_20240519-134529.png

Edited by snpcruiser

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, snpcruiser said:

Trying to make specialty dining reservations for my party of 6.  2 have premiere and 4 of us do not.  The total in the app is $52.50, have been seeing this for a few weeks and not sure if its just a glitch or what.  It shows cover charge for everyone not just the 4 without premier.  The subtotal is $175 for 5 adults and $17.50 for the one child but the total is $52.50 which I don't understand.  Should I just book it and assume the difference will be settled in the account onboard?  

Screenshot_20240519-134529.png

@snpcruiser  It used all 4 credits for the two people who have plus.  $35 x 4 = $140 so $175 + 17.50 - 140 = 52.50

Edited by t&atravel

36 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@snpcruiser  It used all 4 credits for the two people who have plus.  $35 x 4 = $140 so $175 + 17.50 - 140 = 52.50

Oh ok that makes sense, is that allowed for Premier to use their credits on someone else or will they take the credits back at some point and have us pay the amount for the 4 of us? 

14 minutes ago, snpcruiser said:

Oh ok that makes sense, is that allowed for Premier to use their credits on someone else or will they take the credits back at some point and have us pay the amount for the 4 of us? 

You can use them however you want I suppose.  Haven’t tried.  It’s up to the people with Premier to determine if they want to use up their credit for other people.  They don’t get to have a second free dinner.  An option would be for the folks without the credit to buy the next dinner or give them cash to compensate.

On 5/18/2024 at 8:45 AM, lizardcruisemom said:

Same for us, 2026 cruise not showing in the App - have not tried to add it with the booking number.  We can see it on the website, so just waiting to see if it resolves on it’s own.

we have a 2026 cruise and it is already in the app (profile page).   

39 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

You can use them however you want I suppose.  Haven’t tried.  It’s up to the people with Premier to determine if they want to use up their credit for other people.  They don’t get to have a second free dinner.  An option would be for the folks without the credit to buy the next dinner or give them cash to compensate.

Hadn't realized the credits for specialty dining could be used that way but it works out in our favor as the two with Premier aren't interested in the other specialty restaurant option and we can just pay them back directly.  Thanks for the insight.  

32 minutes ago, snpcruiser said:

Hadn't realized the credits for specialty dining could be used that way but it works out in our favor as the two with Premier aren't interested in the other specialty restaurant option and we can just pay them back directly.  Thanks for the insight.  

You’ll need to make sure that your waiter knows about this transaction and your room numbers.  Take a copy of the screen shot you posted above and explain how it was calculated and charged. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snpcruiser said:

I booked a specialty dining for four onboard (not in advance) - two with Premier and two with Standard. We asked them to use the four Premier dining credits and they did so.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

At one point recently (don’t remember if it was web or app) I could book first night suite embarkation dinner at the Crown Grill. Did not offer me complimentary.  Went directly to charge card.

Now I am getting that annoying Error message.  Giving up and just booking it when I board.  I’ve never been able to book first night through the app.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1