New Princess App available

iamaqt2

29 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

You can always get it corrected onboard at Guest Services.

All that is being corrected is the Medallion.  GS is not correcting the Princess reservation system that has wrong data or a bug.

7 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Well…I am not a minor anymore. I’m now 18 years old, according to the App!  😂

That corrected itself in about a week.  🥴

it’s a good thing that was corrected before you boarded the ship and would be denied ordering alcohol. 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

1 hour ago, LouCoop said:

I just updated to 1.1.2. My husband and I are still showing as new to Princess. We are elite. The medallion showing is white with blue seawitch. Our cruise is next week, do we need to call to get this fixed or can we do that upon boarding?

39 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

All that is being corrected is the Medallion.  GS is not correcting the Princess reservation system that has wrong data or a bug.

These are a few of the examples of the incorrect info on some passengers records which continue to affect some passengers but not others.

After installing that update last night, I checked the specialty dinner prices that showed $63 USD for the CG which is actually the AUD price…that bug is still running rampant & was not squashed in that update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

it’s a good thing that was corrected before you boarded the ship and would be denied ordering alcohol. 😂

Lol!  I think they could tell I wasn’t a minor. 🤪

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

6 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Lol!  I think they could tell I wasn’t a minor. 🤪

You're still out of luck. On most Princess cruises, an 18-year-old cannot order alcohol.☹️

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

You're still out of luck. On most Princess cruises, an 18-year-old cannot order alcohol.☹️

They could tell I was 21 or over!

How’s that?  🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

They could tell I was 21 or over!

How’s that?  🤣

If the Medallion had your account flagged as under 21 years of age you still couldn't order alcohol. It doesn't matter how old you are if the system "thinks" you are under age it won't allow the transaction.

Not sure why, but the App shows the passenger's date of birth (month day year) under Profile > Personal Information.  E-mail associated with the account also shows.  Seems like an easy way for someone with bad intentions to gain your personal information and use it in a manner that it isn't supposed to be used in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

If the Medallion had your account flagged as under 21 years of age you still couldn't order alcohol. It doesn't matter how old you are if the system "thinks" you are under age it won't allow the transaction.

The bug first showed as you being under 18, a minor account, so you could not accept the passage contract.  Believe they fixed that bug, as it was widespread.  Mine was fixed. 

If I was ready to leave soon, I would have pursued.  

A lot of these bugs are corrected, and along comes another.  Quite annoying. 

• Like 1

Guest Pops37
On 3/21/2024 at 5:40 AM, BamaVol said:

iOS version.1.1.2 updated overnight on my iPad.  I can’t wait to see what “minor bug fixes” it brings.

LOL,right you are. I'm on android and overnight new version 1 1.2-4407 . Slow loading. Will walk cautiously in the app today

On 3/21/2024 at 3:40 AM, BamaVol said:

iOS version.1.1.2 updated overnight on my iPad.  I can’t wait to see what “minor bug fixes” it brings.

3 hours ago, Pops37 said:

LOL,right you are. I'm on android and overnight new version 1 1.2-4407 . Slow loading. Will walk cautiously in the app today

After updating my iPad last night the blue display with the Princess logo took longer to go to my next cruise which took 90 seconds of spinning wheel before opening my cruise’s info. This not only happened on the first usage after the bug squashing update but for subsequent openings of the Princess app.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Anyone else having issues with the app. All of a sudden mine won’t open 

I can get in but only after an interminable wait watching wheel of will-it-or-won't-it.  Have had only enough patience with it to check a couple of my known bugs and yes, I am still New to Princess, and yes, I can still log in with misspelled names.  🤔  Not worth my time to see what else on my bug list has or has not been resolved.

• Haha 1

It's not a bug, it's a feature! 🤪

Downloading the update now. Perhaps it will work well. Other than the slowness I haven't really had any issues with the new app. Heck, other than right at the beginning I didn't have much in the way of issues with the old app.

Edit: Okay, the new app got past the initial Sea Witch screen in about 13 seconds. However, it then took more than a minute to finally stop having the "loading circle" on a greyed out screen. It did finally load but that was really a long time. That is definitely a step in the wrong direction.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

It's not a bug, it's a feature! 🤪

Downloading the update now. Perhaps it will work well. Other than the slowness I haven't really had any issues with the new app. Heck, other than right at the beginning I didn't have much in the way of issues with the old app.

Edit: Okay, the new app got past the initial Sea Witch screen in about 13 seconds. However, it then took more than a minute to finally stop having the "loading circle" on a greyed out screen. It did finally load but that was really a long time. That is definitely a step in the wrong direction.

Mine just took over 2 minutes to load 

Mine took 2:20 to get to my cruise…20+ seconds to get past the logo screen & another 2 minutes to open my cruise’s info…mine is considerably slower after the update.

We’re 11 days from boarding but don’t see an OceanReady boarding pass…does anyone have any experiences with these? Are these only for those in the Blue lane who need to pickup Medallions at the port which doesn’t apply to us having received them at home to be in the Green lane.

image.png.5b3428005a6156b67a3fa04a2ba02f2c.png

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Mine took 2:20 to get to my cruise…20+ seconds to get past the logo screen & another 2 minutes to open my cruise’s info…mine is considerably slower after the update.

We’re 11 days from boarding but don’t see an OceanReady boarding pass…does anyone have any experiences with these? Are these only for those in the Blue lane who need to pickup Medallions at the port which doesn’t apply to us having received them at home to be in the Green lane.

That's the infamous barcode that nobody anywhere or anytime ever asks to see. Don't worry about it at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That's the infamous barcode that nobody anywhere or anytime ever asks to see. Don't worry about it at all.

Thanks…no barcode on my app & also have never been requested to show a boarding pass since Medallions began. Having been 2 years since our most recent PCL cruise I’m checking for any changes.

33 minutes ago, Thrak said:

They don’t ask for it but it seems to be the only place to see boarding times. The personalizer does not show anything 

12 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

The new app, they just appear about 11 days before sailing.

But, with all their changes, updates, bugs…not sure when they are appearing any more.

They should not tell you that you will get a QR code, when it’s not even used.  You do not need it.  You’re in the green lane, have your Medallion, passport with any documents required and print your luggage tags and travel summary…you’re ready to go.

Here’s a copy of what it looked like with the new App in January, but IDK now what they are doing with it.

image.thumb.png.8f33ac3dad584f178e0c7723b0d3f049.png

Edited by PacnGoNow

Guest Pops37

With all the observations, some ok lots not, you might think the management would be all over the developer stressing stability, speed, reliability. But alas, the results speek for themselves. I truly would like to enjoy the app for all it's possibilities but get tired of bumping into one issue another.

Fingers crossed for big improvement and not just another old app patch-up.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

The new app, they just appear about 11 days before sailing.

But, with all their changes, updates, bugs…not sure when they are appearing any more.

They should not tell you that you will get a QR code, when it’s not even used.  You do not need it.  You’re in the green lane, have your Medallion, passport with any documents required and print your luggage tags and travel summary…you’re ready to go.

Here’s a copy of what it looked like with the new App in January, but IDK now what they are doing with it.

image.thumb.png.8f33ac3dad584f178e0c7723b0d3f049.png

Thanks…we’ll be boarding Crown in Brisbane next March which will be our first time there…hope you had a good flight & enjoyed the area. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Just checked for the infamous barcode. We sail in 11 days. No sign of a barcode. However, I am very happy to say the app opened in maybe 15 seconds. I closed it and tried again and it still opened very quickly. A vast improvement.

Edit: Okay, I take it back. I do have a Boarding Pass with a barcode. It says "Check-in Window 10:30 AM - 2:00 PM

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1