New Princess App available

iamaqt2

Guest Pops37

The loading speed feels like it's improving. The newest version, about a week ago 1.1.2-4407, so far is loading in 10 to 14 seconds (blue screen) then 3 seconds for welcome screen. I hope it holds and gets better. Credit due to developers for even small bits. How about a loading circle on the blue screen to let us know it's working.

Still see irregularities in the "ready to cruise" section. One day it's ok then another day it'll say 5 of 7 done. You open it and the data is already there.

Sailing about 4 weeks, will try on board app then.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Today is March 31st. We embark on April 3rd. The app says "2 DAYS UNTIL EMBARKATION". Uhhh.... No. The 3rd is 3 days from today. 🤔

Wait until you embark from a foreign port.  The App's countdown is based on the local day/time of your embarkation port, but the Cruise Personalizer's countdown is based on the time in the U.S.  The Cruise Personalizer's countdown can sometimes be 2 days more than the App's.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Wait until you embark from a foreign port.  The App's countdown is based on the local day/time of your embarkation port, but the Cruise Personalizer's countdown is based on the time in the U.S.  The Cruise Personalizer's countdown can sometimes be 2 days more than the App's.

Mine is always 1day difference and I am in Oregon and sailing from Vancouver

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Today is March 31st. We embark on April 3rd. The app says "2 DAYS UNTIL EMBARKATION". Uhhh.... No. The 3rd is 3 days from today. 🤔

Maybe the eclipse happened already and affected the time!

🤣

You lost a day already.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Well... Since I live in the US and am embarking in the US it would be nice if the app could match the Personalizer that says:

image.png.03bbc9e2ff806e0ccdc9cd5c5b6cfc13.png

I don't know why I should be surprised by crappy coding in the Princess app...

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Maybe the eclipse happened already and affected the time!

🤣

You lost a day already.

No - The Eclipse is a Celebrity Ship😂

• Haha 2

I got to observe the check in process on the new app yesterday.  We are already checked in via the old app, but my daughter’s family are first time Princess cruisers.  Everything was smooth and swift.  All photos were accepted first time.  There was some data that needed to be erased that carried over from my booking, but it was easily replaced with theirs.

My recollection of checking in for our first Princess cruise a year ago was that the old app made the process glitchy, although subsequent check-ins were without big problems. I do believe this is an improvement.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I got to observe the check in process on the new app yesterday.  We are already checked in via the old app, but my daughter’s family are first time Princess cruisers.  Everything was smooth and swift.  All photos were accepted first time.  There was some data that needed to be erased that carried over from my booking, but it was easily replaced with theirs.

My recollection of checking in for our first Princess cruise a year ago was that the old app made the process glitchy, although subsequent check-ins were without big problems. I do believe this is an improvement.

That’s good to hear. I need to check in for an upcoming cruise but have to wait till we disembark our current cruise to access it. Why the old as well as the new app restrict that is beyond me. It seems like managing future bookings should be possible even onboard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torfamm said:

That’s good to hear. I need to check in for an upcoming cruise but have to wait till we disembark our current cruise to access it. Why the old as well as the new app restrict that is beyond me. It seems like managing future bookings should be possible even onboard.

If you are in port and go off medallion net to a local WiFi you should be able to do it

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, memoak said:

If you are in port and go off medallion net to a local WiFi you should be able to do it

Yes, if you use cell service or connect to something other than the ship’s wi-fi you can manage future bookings. It’s just a nuisance (and expense) that seems unnecessary

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Yes, if you use cell service or connect to something other than the ship’s wi-fi you can manage future bookings. It’s just a nuisance (and expense) that seems unnecessary

In most ports we have been able to find coffee shop and restaurants that have guest WiFi 

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

In most ports we have been able to find coffee shop and restaurants that have guest WiFi 

My point isn’t that I can’t afford international cell service or paid wi-fi, or try to find free wi-fi that I’m willing to use to upload credit card information, it’s that I think it’s ridiculous to have to work that hard to check in or make dinner reservations for a cruise. I don’t understand why the app blocks access to future cruises when you are on a cruise. 

• Like 1

Guest Pops37
20 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

I have, when onboard connected to medallion net, used browser to open Princess page. Login in then go-to personalized for my future booking. But I agree the app should do this. It's just more poor user interface planning.

3 minutes ago, Pops37 said:

I have, when onboard connected to medallion net, used browser to open Princess page. Login in then go-to personalized for my future booking. But I agree the app should do this. It's just more poor user interface planning.

I can’t get the web-based version of the app to open. The link isn’t live when I log into the cruise personalizer.

It just seems weird that managing future cruises isn’t an option if you are onboard. Of course, I also find it strange that you can see the spa menu and book services pre-cruise but it isn’t possible to do so in the app while I’m actually on a cruise. If it can be done for shore excursions.

I think it would or could cause a lot of trouble if people book for a future cruise and accidentally change the one there on, there are lots of accidental clicks that could cause changes to your current cruise ! that people would blame Princess for, so they went the safer way 
Just my thought ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gail & Dan said:

I think it would or could cause a lot of trouble if people book for a future cruise and accidentally change the one there on, there are lots of accidental clicks that could cause changes to your current cruise ! that people would blame Princess for, so they went the safer way 
Just my thought ! 

Idiot proofing. Sadly necessary. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Torfamm said:

My point isn’t that I can’t afford international cell service or paid wi-fi, or try to find free wi-fi that I’m willing to use to upload credit card information, it’s that I think it’s ridiculous to have to work that hard to check in or make dinner reservations for a cruise. I don’t understand why the app blocks access to future cruises when you are on a cruise. 

Even if you log out and log back in with the future booking number?

Guest Pops37
10 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I can’t get the web-based version of the app to open. The link isn’t live when I log into the cruise personalizer.

It just seems weird that managing future cruises isn’t an option if you are onboard. Of course, I also find it strange that you can see the spa menu and book services pre-cruise but it isn’t possible to do so in the app while I’m actually on a cruise. If it can be done for shore excursions.

You might try using the Internet cafe on board as it has better bandwidth.

Sad that these clearly obvious things don't work effectively.  What a difference a focus group of seasoned and new cruisers would make in beta testing.

3 hours ago, Pops37 said:

You might try using the Internet cafe on board as it has better bandwidth.

Sad that these clearly obvious things don't work effectively.  What a difference a focus group of seasoned and new cruisers would make in beta testing.

The issue is that future bookings can’t be managed onboard a ship in the app. It was also true in the old app and I have no idea why that is.I certainly don’t know if the web based version would be different, but again, my point is that it’s a stupid hurdle to put in front of passengers. I am more likely to pay for cell service than go find a computer to try a web based version of an app.

Posted (edited)

Anybody having issues with updating passport info in the app?  I just got my renewed passport.  Tried to edit the existing one - wouldn't save it.  Deleted the old one and tried to a new one.  Photo scan worked, populated all the fields correctly, but save button still greyed out.

Update: Skipped scanning and selected manual entry.  It accepted all data and saved.

Edited by macusr
Fixed issue
  • Thanks 1

Guest Pops37
16 hours ago, macusr said:

Anybody having issues with updating passport info in the app?  I just got my renewed passport.  Tried to edit the existing one - wouldn't save it.  Deleted the old one and tried to a new one.  Photo scan worked, populated all the fields correctly, but save button still greyed out.

Update: Skipped scanning and selected manual entry.  It accepted all data and saved.

Good move on your part to get around app issue. Way to go!