New Princess App available

iamaqt2

The pre cruise experience is horrendous!! I mean, PRINCESS GET IT TOGETHER!!!

We had pre ordered our medallions for pick up at the port. Ordered accessories as well. 

I just checked today as our cruise is in 11 days, and the Princess app is saying we didn't order our medallions and we can pick them up at the port. I'm annoyed. 

First we couldn't make reservations, that dumb park 19 isn't operational (I thought MAYBE the kids would be interested), and now this. 

If the experience on board is great, I will be happy, but this pre cruise experience is enough to make any new comer never want to cruise with Princess again. I am beyond frustrated and annoyed by Princess. 

We are two elite passengers and 2 platinum, and this could very well be our last cruise with Princess. 

• Like 2

Many things, such as ordering Medallions have a final step that one must scroll down to notice. I just made a bunch of dining reservations and, while the reservations had a "save" button that said they were saved, I found I had to scroll down farther to actually book the saved reservations.

Unlike some folks I don't really have much of an issue using the app at all. It's incredibly better than the version that was first released.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2024 at 10:21 PM, Thrak said:

Many things, such as ordering Medallions have a final step that one must scroll down to notice. I just made a bunch of dining reservations and, while the reservations had a "save" button that said they were saved, I found I had to scroll down farther to actually book the saved reservations.

Unlike some folks I don't really have much of an issue using the app at all. It's incredibly better than the version that was first released.

Thank you for pointing out about having to click on the dining reservation button. My wife thought that she had booked our MDR times and restaurant when they first became available some weeks ago but when she checked yesterday they weren't there. She redid them and clicked reserve this time, fortunately our previously preferences were still available.

• Like 4

what are the direct...

phone number to contact someone about your status being wrong on the app, but correct on the website?

a direct email contact

tried chat twice - useless twice - I don't want to re-register and set up new accounts.  I want my exiting account fixed on the app

26 minutes ago, voljeep said:

what are the direct...

phone number to contact someone about your status being wrong on the app, but correct on the website?

a direct email contact

tried chat twice - useless twice - I don't want to re-register and set up new accounts.  I want my exiting account fixed on the app

Not a direct line, but you can call the regular line..follow prompts till you get Ocean Ready.  I did get an agent that was trained to correct status on the App.  Others have also reported luck just recently.  

No direct email address either, they stopped working the old IT email address.

Don’t go to regular CS agents, as they are clueless.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not a direct line, but you can call the regular line..follow prompts till you get Ocean Ready.  I did get an agent that was trained to correct status on the App.  Others have also reported luck just recently.  

Good luck!

Very much appreciated - will definitely try that!

21 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Good luck!

Have to agree with your prompt to get to Ocean Ready. We had an EZ Air booking get butchered by the airline, and the Princess Ocean Ready representative was able to find, fix, and reschedule our booking for flight. They (OR) are quite accommodating and skilled.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, obendus said:

Have to agree with your prompt to get to Ocean Ready. We had an EZ Air booking get butchered by the airline, and the Princess Ocean Ready representative was able to find, fix, and reschedule our booking for flight. They (OR) are quite accommodating and skilled.

So glad to hear that!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

A bit out of the scope of app discussion but are medallion envelopes small? Mine has to fit in an apartment mail box.

Yes. Comes in a small blue/white bubble envelope.  Shld fit in a mailbox, with no problems, unless it’s a very tiny mailbox.  We always get 2 OM’s in our order.  

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 4:23 PM, Splice the mainbrace said:

We managed to talk to the helpline this afternoon, hopefully the new cabin number will show on the app soon. We just wanted the lady to resolve the app issue but there was a succession of questions, are you celebrating anything?, have you booked a meal?, what have you planned to do on board, the spa?, are you excited about the cruise? . Jeez just resolve what we phoned up about 😂

A week after phoning for the new Cabin number to show on the app it still shows the previous cabin number. Looks like another phone call will be required ☹️

19 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

A week after phoning for the new Cabin number to show on the app it still shows the previous cabin number. Looks like another phone call will be required ☹️

Make sure website shows correctly.

Then call and pick all the prompts to get to OceanReady, not the CS line, as they have no clue.  OR has been competent and helping myself and others the last few weeks.

Good luck.  Let us know if they helped.

I’m really hoping they have been training these agents.

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Make sure website shows correctly.

Then call and pick all the prompts to get to OceanReady, not the CS line, as they have no clue.  OR has been competent and helping myself and others the last few weeks.

Good luck.  Let us know if they helped.

I’m really hoping they have been training these agents.

We got through to OceanReady last time, but she couldn't alter it herself and had to pass on the request.

44 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We got through to OceanReady last time, but she couldn't alter it herself and had to pass on the request.

I’d try again.  They do work by date of travel.  Not sure what yours is.  
Good luck to you.

22 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

7 weeks time.

I would call.  Just remember, as long as the website is correct, you are okay.

Your travel summary should be correct.

If you have a TA/CVP, reach out to them, as they should help.

Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2024 at 9:25 PM, Astro Flyer said:

I downloaded the new l version now I can’t log in. 

Edited by DHP1

Hello. We have booked our first princess cruise and the process since booking has been such a horrendous experience so far!  We booked in March, and in April while we could log into the Princess app our cruise was not showing. I phoned and they said it was a technical issue and they would get it fixed in 3-4 days. Mid May still could not see cruise in app, called again told this time that it is because we had not paid in full. Waited till paid in full still does not show up, called again told oh it’s because your cruise hasn’t been activated, told they put in a ticket.  Still not working called again to be told no ticket has been put in.  I am beyond frustrated. Anyone have any suggestions, I have spoken to ocean ready who says they have put in a ticket but then I find out later they haven’t. Who do I speak to now?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Coco_Mocha said:

Hello. We have booked our first princess cruise and the process since booking has been such a horrendous experience so far!  We booked in March, and in April while we could log into the Princess app our cruise was not showing. I phoned and they said it was a technical issue and they would get it fixed in 3-4 days. Mid May still could not see cruise in app, called again told this time that it is because we had not paid in full. Waited till paid in full still does not show up, called again told oh it’s because your cruise hasn’t been activated, told they put in a ticket.  Still not working called again to be told no ticket has been put in.  I am beyond frustrated. Anyone have any suggestions, I have spoken to ocean ready who says they have put in a ticket but then I find out later they haven’t. Who do I speak to now?

Does your cruise show up when you log on to the Princess website? If so, I would suggest you stop worrying about the app.  There is also a web version of the app.  There is a link to it on your booking.  Have you tried using that? 

Edited by t&atravel

5 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Does your cruise show up when you log on to the Princess website? If so, I would suggest you stop worrying about the app.  There is also a web version of the app.  There is a link to it on your booking.  Have you tried using that? 

Yes it does show up on the princess app, but how do I do dinning reservations, checkin, and order my medallion as I was under the impression that this can only be done on the app. The web version is the same as the app where it does not recognize my booking number. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Coco_Mocha said:

Yes it does show up on the princess app, but how do I do dinning reservations, checkin, and order my medallion as I was under the impression that this can only be done on the app. The web version is the same as the app where it does not recognize my booking number. 

I only use the app but I just tried the web version and After I click link booking or cancel from the initial screen on the web version it brings me to this page. I then selected use booking number and followed the prompts and it worked.  Can you get this far and it still doesn’t work?

IMG_1404.png

Edited by t&atravel

9 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

I only use the app but I just tried the web version and After I click link booking or cancel from the initial screen on the web version it brings me to this page. I then selected use booking number and followed the prompts and it worked.  Can you get this far and it still doesn’t work?

IMG_1404.png

Yes I can get here but when I put in my booking number it tells me it’s not valid 😢

Two things:

1. If you call Princess go through the phone menu until you get the option for the Ocean Medallion folks. The regular Princess reps and the Live Chat are mostly worthless. The OM people can likely help you.

2. For the web version of the app I have always cancelled out of the Booking number option that comes up first and then used the login and password method BUT... when I to do that and it fails and takes me back to the Booking Number option. I cancel that again and try to login with my user name and password a second time. The second time has always worked for me.

• Thanks 1