Captains Circle Tiers

pamps2801

It’s time for Princess to add another tier above Elite, as do other cruise lines. Perhaps Elite Plus or some other name. Also, would add more Perks to this new tier. Maybe the new tier would be something like, 30 cruises or 300 cruise days. 

Edited by pamps2801
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, pamps2801 said:

It’s time for Princess to add another tier above Elite, as do other cruise lines. Perhaps Elite Plus or some other name. Also, would add more Perks to this new tier. Maybe the new tier would be something like, 30 cruises or 300 cruise days. 

Captains Club is the name of the loyalty program for Celebrity cruises. Princess is Captains Circle. 

There have been past threads regarding this issue and Princess has no incentive to do this at this time. Many thought a new tier would have been introduced with the restart.

• Like 4

• pamps2801 changed the title to Captains Circle Tiers
6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, but what would be the motivator for Princess to add an additional tier above Elite?

First it would give cruisers something else to reach for, and as for the benefit for Princess, more people would cruise more often to reach the new tier. Of course that would all depend on the perks offered in the new tier.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pamps2801 said:

First it would give cruisers something else to reach for, and as for the benefit for Princess, more people would cruise more often to reach the new tier. Of course that would all depend on the perks offered in the new tier.

As much as I could really go for that, I’m sure Princess doesn’t have much incentive to add anything that costs them even more money or put off the newbies too much in the process.  
I kind of miss the loyalty credit, especially seeing we’d be on the top of the scale but I see the logic them having to cut that off.  
Maybe a discount on the upgrade from Plus to Premier .. say $10 a day pp instead of $20?  
that’s a perk I could really appreciate.  I’m just dreaming, though.  Again, I see no reason for them to do this, although it would be great! 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, pamps2801 said:

We just made Elite on our last cruise and are quite tickled with the new Elite perks we now get on top of what we were already getting, plus the Military OBC we both get for being veterans, the Shareholder OBC for being CCL stockholders, the 8% AARP Gift Card discount we can apply towards cruise fares as well as once onboard, and the 8% off the cruise fare we get for booking the cruise through our TA. I'm not sure any line we cruise with can even come close to topping the overall perks we now get when we book a Princess cruise.

image.thumb.png.49b7dbac1fb6339fafc41fe95bbf930f.png

• Like 11

I did use the Platinum/Elite lounge/cocktail hour this past cruise. 
If you don’t have a pkg they still have discounted drink specials. 
They are about 1/4 off the price. $9.44 with the grat. 
I ordered 2 drinks on a 14 day cruise 😄

I agree a new level wld be nice. 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1

With Carnival Corp still $30B in debt and Princess (and its sister lines) clearly going hard for new cruisers, I would find it hard to believe that they would consider actively investing in a revamp of the loyalty program any time soon. Loyalty programs are always designed with the corporation in mind; we need to let go of the illusion and just vote with our wallets.

• Like 5

I don't believe this is high on Princess' to do list. But, I have often thought for a long time that the loyalty levels should be solely by days at sea and not cruises. The cruise system was established long ago when most cruises and most passengers booked weekly voyages. Princess added the 50 & 150 day thresholds sometime in the mid 2000's as passengers started to take longer cruises.

One item that would not cost very much, if anything at all, is priority luggage delivery on embarkation. Those collecting luggage at the pier would just have to place all luggage tagged priority on a special loading container. I do like the shorter laundry turn around mentioned in post no. 4.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry no need for another level in these days of changes that only increase profits at the expense of customers. Perks are already disappearing for current levels so why establish another one that basically in name only.

OP please describe what be benefits you would suggest for this new level you propose. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Sorry no need for another level in these days of changes that only increase profits at the expense of customers. Perks are already disappearing for current levels so why establish another one that basically in name only.

OP please describe what be benefits you would suggest for this new level you propose. 

I’m not the OP but I do like the idea that HAL has, Comp specialty dining (2 per cruise) 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, pamps2801 said:

I'm not cruising to reach a level. I book price and itinerary. 15 cruises until you get to elite just for some cheap booze and free laundry. I can make my own drinks at home. When I'm on vacation I want to be served. Free laundry is a moot point when you can do your own laundry and have it back the same day. No incentive there. I would rather shop around for a good deal. Also millennials aren't brand loyal like boomers so it won't sway them one way or the other.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, but what would be the motivator for Princess to add an additional tier above Elite?

They can add another level above Elite and then the passengers who qualify for the new higher than Elite level could then have future benefits that current Elite people enjoy.  The nonqualifying for promotion Elite passengers would assume the current Platinum level benefits. Similarly the current Platinum level people would assume the fewer benefits the Ruby passengers get and so on.  The cruise line would likely be thinking along these lines as it would save a bit of revenue.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

We have achieved Elite on Princess and Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean not in pursuit of a status level or perks (although the perks are nice) but by sailing for the itineraries and to be at sea.

Early on in our cruising "careers", a fellow cruiser at our table who was at the top level summed it up nicely by saying "All the status levels show is that you've spent a lot of money".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

We have achieved Elite on Princess and Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean not in pursuit of a status level or perks (although the perks are nice) but by sailing for the itineraries and to be at sea.

Early on in our cruising "careers", a fellow cruiser at our table who was at the top level summed it up nicely by saying "All the status levels show is that you've spent a lot of money".

I will say one thing in the OP's defense. These loyalty programs do suck some people in. How many times do you read posts that start with I'm Elite and then goes on to complain about cut backs, service and watering down of benefits. Then you see how many future cruises they have booked with the cruise line.  They must shop a lot on board to make that 10% off work for them. Which by the way, is another way for the cruise line benefits not the passenger.  If you have the time and can afford to cruise often and like the line then it's a bonus. Right now the cruise industry is riding high because people are done with covid and want to make up for lost time. The market will correct its self just like the housing market and the stock market.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Maybe a discount on the upgrade from Plus to Premier .. say $10 a day pp instead of $20?  
that’s a perk I could really appreciate.  I’m just dreaming, though.  Again, I see no reason for them to do this, although it would be great! 

Since Plat and above lose out on the 50% off Wi-Fi when buying a package, it would be nice to get something off the package, even if it's only off Premier, as you propose.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1