Captains Circle Tiers

pamps2801

13 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Sounds like a better idea than the current 'entry ticket into bonus drawing for each purchase over $100' program. Maybe the 'powers that be' will add that as both HAL & PCL are the same branch in CC, aren't they? 

Personally, I’m good with whatever Princess does. Like I mentioned a few pages back, PCL currently offers a variety of ways to save $$$ and get additional OBC on a cruise. With regards to HAL they have also recently implemented some pretty interesting ways, totally different than PCL, to entice folks to book one or more of their cruises, depending on when you book them. So has NCL. The only cruise line that we cruise with that has done the reverse in Celebrity.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

I never said I was looking for more perks from Princess.  Satisfied with what there is now.  Maybe you need to pick a cruise line with better perks since you consider the Princess perks to be nothing. Working hard, saving money and growing old gives a person lots of free time to cruise if that's what makes them happy. .  Happy New Year.

I don't cruise for perks or status.  I haven't cruised with Princess in 10yrs. I cruise for itinerary and price. Princess is not my favorite line for entertainment, room accommodations or overall on board experience. If the price is right and the itinerary is what I'm looking for I book them. I know the food will be good. It's just a floating hotel for me. Since covid the on board experience on any line is a crap shoot so overall price is even a bigger consideration now. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't cruise for perks or status.  I haven't cruised with Princess in 10yrs. I cruise for itinerary and price. Princess is not my favorite line for entertainment, room accommodations or overall on board experience. If the price is right and the itinerary is what I'm looking for I book them. I know the food will be good. It's just a floating hotel for me. Since covid the on board experience on any line is a crap shoot so overall price is even a bigger consideration now. 

If you haven't sailed on Princess in 10 years how can you give an accurate description of the entertainment, room accommodations and overall on board experience?

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, candy4040 said:

If you haven't sailed on Princess in 10 years how can you give an accurate description of the entertainment, room accommodations and overall on board experience?

Especially since the oldest Royal class ship was launched 10 years ago followed by 5 more in the interim.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Thank you for your contribution, @Ken the cruiser.  I did not know that about the HAL program.  Your idea about expanding the points program to all cruisers certainly has merit.  I can't see any reason why not.

Thanks, but I’m not holding my breath! 😂

The main reason we now lean towards booking PCL cruises is not for the perks so much. It’s more about PCL’s attention to detail when creating their unique 3-5 week cruise itineraries, while other popular lines mostly create 5-12 day itineraries to lure in the more younger crowd that enjoy those shorter itineraries.

For example, we currently have a 30-day SA B2B, 22-day Alaska B3B, a 21-day Baltic B2B, an 18-day SA TA that has 3 stops in Brazil, a 23-day TA B2B that includes stops in the Med, UK, Iceland and Canada, and just recently we finally booked their very popular 32-day RT cruise from LA to some Polynesian islands. No other popular cruise line offers such a variety of 3-5 week itineraries whose ships also average 2500-3000 passengers.

• Like 4

On 12/27/2023 at 4:49 PM, skynight said:

But, I have often thought for a long time that the loyalty levels should be solely by days at sea and not cruises.

This is unlikely to happen.  That cruise credit (or two if traveling solo!) is a big incentive for cruisers to make the one or two night cruises a "date night."

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grego said:

To all those that are negative about Princess changing its loyalty program........stay tuned for a major announcement to be made within the month! I understand it will be exciting.

And it will be new as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Princess will make changes add other tiers soon it won't be If it will be When. Holland America added 5 Star Mariner, Royal Caribbean added Emerald between Palatium & Dimond tier. These changes took place many years ago. Cruise lines are getting "top heavy" with old loyalty.  The Cruise Lines/Corps are looking for new/more revenue. They want people that are new to cruising. That will pay for all the extras/perks that someone with the higher tier privilege get free. << that is just one of the many reasons to update/make changes to (loyalty program) already in place.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, john watson said:

I too am on Sun Princess in September in a Cove Balcony.  As far as I can work out they are inset as in an alcove with a hole cut out of the side of the ship.  Similar to sheltered balcony on Queen Mary2 or original Sun Princess 1995 i.e. no glass front..

Regards John

OMG we are finally on the same ship!! You've helped me out so much on past cruises embarking from Southampton.  In fact I found my favorite dive due to you (Dancing Man Brewery). Anyway I'm pretty sure it was you!

As long as I can get fresh air, I'm good

Edited by Ombud

3 hours ago, Grego said:

What you WEAR on formal nights has nothing to do with loyalty programs.

I think they were referring to your quote "To all those that are negative about Princess changing its loyalty program........stay tuned for a major announcement to be made within the month! I understand it will be exciting" as being nothing more then a rumor and they used the dress code as an analogy to get support their point of view.  Happy New Year!

Edited by Princessfan20
  • Haha 1

On 1/1/2024 at 7:04 AM, shandryl said:

Princess will make changes add other tiers soon it won't be If it will be When. Holland America added 5 Star Mariner, Royal Caribbean added Emerald between Palatium & Dimond tier.

I was wondering where cruise lines get these fascinating names for loyalty tier levels so I looked it up. Palatium comes from being of the Palatine hill, one of the seven hills of Rome where aristocrats built fabulous mansions.  Dimond build the most beautiful and sophisticated bicycles in the world in all the styles for sports and high class leisure use. Very interesting.

Regards John  

• Haha 1

I'd like them to offer unlimited casual dining (Alfredo's) for Elite instead of the current cheapo two per cruise. This won't cost them any more then it did before they changed the Plus package.

• Haha 1