Using the new “Stockperks” app for Carnival stock owner’s benefit

RRFan

After 2 attempts using the directions on the CCL stockholder benefits sheet to send fax with the info and sanitized info,  called HAL before Xmas.  They informed me that eff. Nov. 17, 2023, they no longer process the stockholder benefit requests, and I must use Stockperks. It worked great, considering challenges with the provider not listed n the broker dropdown list.  I received confirmation Xmas Eve of "In Progress", then last night at 5 pm after emailing Stockperks for devine intervention to tickle the HAL contact behind scenes, at the stroke of 5 pm, my OBC was in my HAL acct for my Jan. 3 sailing!  Probably outsourced the function to gain efficiencies.  No complaints, given holiday week.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ScubaCruiserQuilter said:

After 2 attempts using the directions on the CCL stockholder benefits sheet to send fax with the info and sanitized info,  called HAL before Xmas.  They informed me that eff. Nov. 17, 2023, they no longer process the stockholder benefit requests, and I must use Stockperks. It worked great, considering challenges with the provider not listed n the broker dropdown list.  I received confirmation Xmas Eve of "In Progress", then last night at 5 pm after emailing Stockperks for devine intervention to tickle the HAL contact behind scenes, at the stroke of 5 pm, my OBC was in my HAL acct for my Jan. 3 sailing!  Probably outsourced the function to gain efficiencies.  No complaints, given holiday week.  

The Nov date is wrong. I was able to submit my request via email in Mid-December.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

Can someone direct me to where you see this on your sailings? Mine have never shown up
"in my account" nor on any sailing page, or on my invoices. I'm always "surprised" when I walk into my cabin and check the OBC on the t.v.

The total amount of all HAL/CCL provided onboard credit shows up on your Booking Confirmation, AKA Invoice or Guest Copy. Unfortunately not all travel providers forward this information to you, you must ask for it and sometime push as your agent might not know what it is.

For a discussion, see this thread.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, richwmn said:

The total amount of all HAL/CCL provided onboard credit shows up on your Booking Confirmation, AKA Invoice or Guest Copy. Unfortunately not all travel providers forward this information to you, you must ask for it and sometime push as your agent might not know what it is.

For a discussion, see this thread.

Thanks! I'll maybe have her do that in the new year for the February cruise.

Edited by Dismomx5
  • Like 1

Submitted a request via Stockperks yesterday for our June 2024 cruise.  Got the approval by midnight.

What I like about the app is that I can use it for getting OBC for Princess as well as HAL.  No need (for me) to keep track of the OBC for two different cruise lines.  It’s easy to find/use on the app.

(I submitted a PDF with all of the important/personal info blacked out.  Onc I was uploaded, I’ve been able to use the same document for both lines.)

I tried processing my August cruise and it came back stating that I must wait Till August to submit any cruise after July 31, 2024. So what happens if your cruise is the beginning of August.

I find this really strange. I figured I would wait an attempt to do it between March and May.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I tried processing my August cruise and it came back stating that I must wait Till August to submit any cruise after July 31, 2024. So what happens if your cruise is the beginning of August.

I find this really strange. I figured I would wait an attempt to do it between March and May.

The stock perk runs from Aug 1st to Jul 31 and has to be renewed at the annual meeting in late April each year. After the meeting you should be able to submit your request.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I think I screwed up in using stockperks.  I sent a PDF of my trade confirmation, but then realized it didn't have my name.  I'm expecting a rejection on Monday and will have to resubmit.

Huh, maybe I didn't screw up.  I just got a notification from stockperks that my stock proof of ownership was validated.  Is there a way to check if the OBC has been credited to my cruise?

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Huh, maybe I didn't screw up.  I just got a notification from stockperks that my stock proof of ownership was validated.  Is there a way to check if the OBC has been credited to my cruise?

THere are two steps to it, getting it validated and then applying for the OBC.  In the app go to Carnival, then HAL, you should now have the redeem perk button, click on that and fill in your sailing info.  Hope this makes sense.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 12.31.49 pm.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

15 hours ago, aussiedisneyfan said:

THere are two steps to it, getting it validated and then applying for the OBC.  In the app go to Carnival, then HAL, you should now have the redeem perk button, click on that and fill in your sailing info.  Hope this makes sense.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 12.31.49 pm.jpeg

Thanks!!

What is strange is that I didn't encounter any of that Plaid or Alinea stuff folks have posted about.  I just had to fill in a screen of identifying information (with nothing confidential) and upload my purchase conformation.

Anyway I did the redeem step, and the only question now is whether I applied too late since they say you should request it 4 weeks before your cruise, but mine is 1/13.  The message did say they would try, so I am hopeful.

But I wouldn't have even known about the Redeem step without your kindly intervention, so once again THANK YOU!!!

• Like 1

So my fears were all unfounded.  They verified my ownership from a PDF of my purchase confirmation that didn't include my name.  And, WOOHOO, I just got notified that the 250 OBC just got added to my cruise account.  That will buy a lot of PG lunches since there are 10 seadays on my cruise.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with a special shout-out to @aussiedisneyfan.

• Like 4

This thread answers the question why I never received a reply from HAL for the OBC I requested in November for a January, 2024 cruise.  They didn't even reply that I needed to use a new method.  So I downloaded the APP and I elected to use the PLAID method for verification.  It went smoothly and I submitted my application for credit for the January 7, 2024 cruise on HAL.  It was accepted and now I'll wait for it to be applied.  If it's not applied by the time I board, I'll work it out with the onboard guest relations staff.  I'll also now submit requests for a couple of upcoming Princess Cruises.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 10:51 AM, RRFan said:

I can’t find a thread about this so I wondered if anyone has used the new app required to apply for Carnival stock owner’s benefit yet?  We cruised with HAL in late Oct-Nov and Princess in Sept and got our stockholder’s benefit using email as I have always done. Now I’m trying to get it for an April HAL sailing and got an email from HAL that we must download and use the Stockperks App going forward as they will no longer be handling that. I downloaded the app and you have to give them permission to check your stock ownership. Now waiting on them to verify, which it says can take up to 2 business days. 

Just curious how long it has been this way and how it’s working for others?  

Does the app clarify what "checking your stock ownership" entails?

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

Does the app clarify what "checking your stock ownership" entails?

It’s not very clear to me. I thought we had to give them access to get into our acct, which I definitely did not like. But it seems you can upload an image or pdf of our stmt showing the CCL stock (like we’ve been doing via email) as an alternative method. Then they go “verify” that somehow and then we have to go back into the app and redeem the perk. At that point they say it is “in progress” until HAL notifies them that the OBC has been awarded. Now I am awaiting word that it has been awarded. My cruise isn’t until April so I’ve got time. But in the past, I would email the request and have confirmation within the day or the next from HAL. So far this method seem waaaay more cumbersome and redundant to me. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

So I was never asked for my booking number.......did I miss something or is that not needed?

Once they verify your stock ownership, you are notified and you go back into the app and go to HAL (or whichever cruiseline you're applying for the obc on) and redeem the perk.  The first page of the redemption part asks you for the booking number.

I did get my official notification of OBC this morning via email from Stockperks.  I printed it with my other docs to take with me just in case I need to prove it once on board.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RRFan said:

It’s not very clear to me. I thought we had to give them access to get into our acct, which I definitely did not like. But it seems you can upload an image or pdf of our stmt showing the CCL stock (like we’ve been doing via email) as an alternative method. Then they go “verify” that somehow and then we have to go back into the app and redeem the perk. At that point they say it is “in progress” until HAL notifies them that the OBC has been awarded. Now I am awaiting word that it has been awarded. My cruise isn’t until April so I’ve got time. But in the past, I would email the request and have confirmation within the day or the next from HAL. So far this method seem waaaay more cumbersome and redundant to me. 🤷‍♀️

How did you get around the plaid page that wants your broker username and password?

26 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

How did you get around the plaid page that wants your broker username and password?

My husband did that part because I didn’t want to give them access. I believe he gave them our Schwab acct but then was able to upload the stmt instead.  It currently shows “verified” Schwab and all the CLL cruise lines show “eligible” and “disconnected” under Schwab. I’m assuming we won’t have to do the verify part again. At least for a period of time. 

Thanks for your reply.

I’m not getting an option.  If I try to bypass the screen, it won’t go any further.

This is very odd.  In the past we were asked to redact any account numbers, and now they want my brokerage username and password to access my account. Not happening.

IMG_3304.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Thanks for your reply.

I’m not getting an option.  If I try to bypass the screen, it won’t go any further.

This is very odd.  In the past we were asked to redact any account numbers, and now they want my brokerage username and password to access my account. Not happening.

IMG_3304.jpeg

I’ll ask my husband when he gets home. I believe he went in and then had the option to upload and then withdrew the info. ??That was my concern or question about how they are able to verify?  Maybe someone else has a better answer for you. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Try by hitting the X in the top right....Once I tried to "abandon" after the log on credential requirement, the app then gave me the option to upload the statement.

• Like 2