Using the new “Stockperks” app for Carnival stock owner’s benefit

RRFan

5 hours ago, RRFan said:

Haven’t seen that thread. Front desk can not give it to you if you haven’t gone through the proper channels (which is now this Stockperks app).  But if you jumped through the hoops and you’ve been approved and it’s not on your acct once you board, then if you take your printouts verifying you were approved by HAL for the OBC, they will get it applied. 

Here's the thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2984437-stockholder-obc-awarded-but-not-applied-to-account-guest-services-refused-to-credit-acct-even-with-email/

You can read the first several posts. I think they didn't have paper print-outs, just email on their phone.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BabySarge said:

This might be a silly question but is this Stockperks app only available for use with a cell phone?  

App only - no online website - so whatever device you can download an App onto. 

• Like 1

I just applied for a CCL onboard credit from the world cruise department as usual.  I received the credit along with an email saying that in the future the credit would now be handled by www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp 

When I went to that web address it had me download an app to my phone and set up an account,  Then it wanted the user name and password for my brokerage account.  I certainly don't plan to give that information.  Anyone have a work around for this?  

Same situation as @Herkimer18. I was able to set up an account with just my name, broker name (which is on the statement anyway) and a gmail account that I have never used for anything.  Attached a pic of the same mostly blacked out statement that I sent to HAL. Sent the request to HAL on the 14th and received the notification (and same e-mail as  @Herkimer18 ) on the 17th. Set up the stock perks account on the 16th and still waiting for verification (I booked another cruise between the 14th and 16th).

7 hours ago, Herkimer18 said:

Then it wanted the user name and password for my brokerage account.  I certainly don't plan to give that information.  Anyone have a work around for this?  

If there is a choice (dropdown menu), choose ALINEA rather than the broker's portal of PLAID. If there is not a choice, write ALINEA in the space where it says "account type" or something like that. 

All of the notifications of SUBMITTED and VERIFIED did not translate to OBC in my account per my PCC who can look.

I wrote to the old CCL/hollandamerica email addy (as one of the confirmations from StockPerks told me to, and they wrote back telling me to send THEM my stock statement! Just like the old days, after weeks trying to get through with StockPerks.

Do not black out your address -- it must agree with what's on file for the OBC to be awarded. In my experience. There should be an Oxford comma between "current address" and "account number blacked out". Which makes sense if you think it through -- if you black it out, how would they know if it's your current address?!!

14 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Do not black out your address -- it must agree with what's on file for the OBC to be awarded. In my experience. There should be an Oxford comma between "current address" and "account number blacked out". Which makes sense if you think it through -- if you black it out, how would they know if it's your current address?!!

The statements I have used do not have my address on them. Just my name.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

The statements I have used do not have my address on them. Just my name.

That's funny-odd as the instructions require them:

Please provide by fax, email or by mail with your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your current mailing address and your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below. (underline is mine)

I have (twice now) had my application kicked back for a statement with (1) CURRENT address (right after we moved!) and (2) with the address NOT blacked out. So I assumed it was their 2-part confirmation that it was US and not some other persons with our names holding the stock. (1) is how we ended up with 105 shares of CCL; our broker came up with that as a way to make his software spit out a new statement before the end of a quarter. 

Yeah, according to those instructions if your current mailing address is on your statement, they want it blacked out so they can't see it. I just have an online account with maybe a half dozen stocks. There is one page I can pull up that just has my name, brokerage name and info, and all my stock info for the closing date of that month's statement. So I just save that as a pdf, black out all the other stocks, then print and scan (save as .jpg) so I don't accidentally send a file that can be edited or has the blackout removeable. 

12 hours ago, Herkimer18 said:

I just applied for a CCL onboard credit from the world cruise department as usual.  I received the credit along with an email saying that in the future the credit would now be handled by www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp 

When I went to that web address it had me download an app to my phone and set up an account,  Then it wanted the user name and password for my brokerage account.  I certainly don't plan to give that information.  Anyone have a work around for this?  

I created my account and at no time in the process was I asked for that information.  Anybody who would give out the username and password for their investment account, should save some time and close their account and send the funds to some stranger.

• Haha 2

They definitely do not want your current address blacked out. The modifier CURRENT implies that they are reading the address and comparing it to what you have in their records (your bookings). Think it through. THEY KNOW YOUR ADDRESS, why would you need to black it out?

Anyway, after several weeks trying to get my OBC through StockPerks, I followed the email from StockPerks and emailed CCLshareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com -- whence the request (?) for my proof (which I had sent multiple times to StockPerks) to that address. I did that, and lo' and behold I did get my OBC, confirmed by my PCC who sent me updated booking confirmations. 

The notification said they would not be honoring requests send to that addy, but only StockPerks, in the future. I think they said that last November, too. Happy for the people it works for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

They definitely do not want your current address blacked out. The modifier CURRENT implies that they are reading the address and comparing it to what you have in their records (your bookings). Think it through. THEY KNOW YOUR ADDRESS, why would you need to black it out?

Think it through. They (stockperks) has no clue what your current address is, and will not check that against anything HAL may have. They specifically Do Not want that information, nor does HAL when you send it to them. They do not want the liability of having the physical address tied to someone's portfolio that may be quite large. The instructions you posted explicitly state account number and address should be blacked out ("and" statements read the same when reversed). If they wanted an address if would have been in the section asking for name, sailing date, booking number, not in the section asking for it to be blacked out. Chances are your rejections were BECAUSE it had an address attached, and policy prohibits that from being that stored on their end. They are not worried that you somehow know someone with your exact same name and are using their statement fraudulently. The whole perk is really based on the honour system, as it is not exactly difficult to spoof a brokerage statement, especially as they are asking for altered documents as it is. The modifier current implies that if it is an old address is does not need to be blacked out.

• Like 1

“They do not want the liability of having the physical address tied to someone's portfolio that may be quite large. “

We have always blacked out all other stocks on our brokerage stmt. The only one they see is CCL stock. We did the same with Stockperks. The same with address and our account number. We’ve done that since ‘08 and have always gotten the perk. We’ve only done it once w the new app but it also worked fine.  I agree it is largely on the honor system.  It used to be that the brokerage statement had to be “current” (like within the quarter you were applying for). I don’t think the app specified that but I could be wrong. We used the most recent one we had.  

Edited by RRFan
  • Like 1

I used Stockperks a few months ago, for an August 2024 sailing on Princess, with no problems. Today, I used Stockperks again for another August 2024 sailing on Princess. This time, after inputting the cruise info, I got a message that said I needed to be within 3 months. Has anyone else had this happen?

Used Stockperks , uploaded my statement from my Dutch bank with everything but my name and Carnival stock blacked out. OBC was added within 3 days. At first I was a bit apprehensive in using this app after reading some stuff about it in the forums .But like always : RTFM  😉

At least a lot faster than sending the statement to the HAL.

I uploaded my modified statement on the 15th and still awaiting StockPerks to complete the validation. Anyone else had it take this long? The email I received after the upload said I would receive further communication in 2 business days. Well its been more than 2 so far. 

4 minutes ago, drowelf said:

I uploaded my modified statement on the 15th and still awaiting StockPerks to complete the validation. Anyone else had it take this long? The email I received after the upload said I would receive further communication in 2 business days. Well its been more than 2 so far. 

Yes. Weeks. Eventually I received a notification to contact the old email address, then I had to send HAL the "proof" all over again just like the old days, and 5+ business days (over MLK weekend) I eventually got notification (with a scolding that in future I would have to use StockPerks!), and my PCC was able to see it and send me new Booking Confirmations.

11 hours ago, drowelf said:

Did you go back into the app afterward and “redeem” the perk?  It’s a two-step process. Instructions are not very clear. You have to 1) upload your documentation and then once they verify it you go back in and 2) REDEEM (their term) the perk. 

19 hours ago, f1jon said:

This time, after inputting the cruise info, I got a message that said I needed to be within 3 months.

Maybe because the benefit requires renewal at the next CCL AGM due in April??

23 hours ago, f1jon said:

I used Stockperks a few months ago, for an August 2024 sailing on Princess, with no problems. Today, I used Stockperks again for another August 2024 sailing on Princess. This time, after inputting the cruise info, I got a message that said I needed to be within 3 months. Has anyone else had this happen?

You should not have gotten approval (redeemed OBC) for a cruise that sails after July 31 2024, as the program is not in place after that until the Board meeting in April. 

Also the proof of stock needs to be under 3 months old.

On 1/20/2024 at 10:38 PM, drowelf said:

On 1/20/2024 at 10:48 PM, crystalspin said:

Yes. Weeks. Eventually I received a notification to contact the old email address, then I had to send HAL the "proof" all over again just like the old days, and 5+ business days (over MLK weekend) I eventually got notification (with a scolding that in future I would have to use StockPerks!), and my PCC was able to see it and send me new Booking Confirmations.

It looks like my poke with an email got them off the dime as I received an email today that stated my "Your proof of share ownership has been processed. Please go to the Stockperks app to explore and redeem your perks." So now I can proceed to claim the benefit. 

On 1/21/2024 at 9:46 AM, RRFan said:

Did you go back into the app afterward and “redeem” the perk?  It’s a two-step process. Instructions are not very clear. You have to 1) upload your documentation and then once they verify it you go back in and 2) REDEEM (their term) the perk. 

No I did not, as my proof of ownership had not been approved so that was not an option. Actually when I did go back into the app and tried to select it, it told me that ownership had not been verified so please try again after I received the approval email. I did step one, but could not proceed to step 2 since it was not approved. Was it not clear from my post that I was still awaiting approval?

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 10:38 PM, drowelf said:

Mine took a week. I had sent my info the old way on the 14th to HAL for an upcoming march cruise, before I had seen the stockperks postings here. That came through on the 17th, with the admonishing email to use stockperks. I sent the same info to stock perks on the 15th, accepted on the 22nd. Before acceptance, clicking redeem would generate the "we are verifying your brokerage statement" message. After acceptance it shows I own 100 shares in small print. However the redeem button is now non-functional (I booked another cruise a couple days after requesting the credit for the first one). Since the newest booking is for an August cruise, I will worrying about it in June. But will be paying attention to the stockperks post on all the CCL forums.

3 hours ago, RedIguana said:

However the redeem button is now non-functional (I booked another cruise a couple days after requesting the credit for the first one). Since the newest booking is for an August cruise, I will worrying about it in June. But will be paying attention to the stockperks post on all the CCL forums.

OBC for cruises sailing after July 31, 2024 will not be awarded until after the Board approves the program at the Meeting in April. They have never NOT approved it, but those are the rules! (Although I did read about a Princess cruiser getting approved for a later sailing, in the early days of Stockperks...)

19 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

OBC for cruises sailing after July 31, 2024 will not be awarded until after the Board approves the program at the Meeting in April. 

That is why I won't worry about it til June. And if the redeem button suddenly becomes active on the effective date of the board approval of stockholder OBC, it might answer the question of whether CCL is data dumping every booking to Stockperks vs looking up your account via booking number using the redeem button.  I used a "clean" email for stockperks, so if that email starts getting bombarded with spam I will know where it came from.

• Like 1