Using the new “Stockperks” app for Carnival stock owner’s benefit

RRFan

I can’t find a thread about this so I wondered if anyone has used the new app required to apply for Carnival stock owner’s benefit yet?  We cruised with HAL in late Oct-Nov and Princess in Sept and got our stockholder’s benefit using email as I have always done. Now I’m trying to get it for an April HAL sailing and got an email from HAL that we must download and use the Stockperks App going forward as they will no longer be handling that. I downloaded the app and you have to give them permission to check your stock ownership. Now waiting on them to verify, which it says can take up to 2 business days. 

Just curious how long it has been this way and how it’s working for others?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not particularly happy having to do this this way.  We are basically giving them entry into our accounts!   With so many data breaches these days, I don't think this is smart.  Unfortunately, there is NO other way to do it.  Still not sure what I'm going to do about it.  Forgo the benefit to protect my account?

Curious to know what other people think about this new set up.

Linda R.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cruzingnut said:

I'm not particularly happy having to do this this way.  We are basically giving them entry into our accounts!   With so many data breaches these days, I don't think this is smart.  Unfortunately, there is NO other way to do it.  Still not sure what I'm going to do about it.  Forgo the benefit to protect my account?

Curious to know what other people think about this new set up.

Linda R.

Do I see a big sell off of CCL stock if they are going to play this underhanded method of accessing accounts?

I did it. Got confirmation (and printed it ) BUT a month later - it still does not show on my OBC line sent by my travel guy.  So guess I will have to deal with it onboard.   I don’t like it one bit. But glad I printed my confirmation.  

New App works awesome. You don't have to link your brokerage account. Screen print and download copy of your Brokerage statement. Basically the same as faxing or emailing. Took a couple days to confirm holdings ownership because we did it on the weekend. Once confirmed applied for Shareholder Benefits for two Princess Cruises. It only took three minutes from application time to receipt of confirmation email and OBC showing up on My Princess website for each cruise.

Edited by OceanoPair
Mispelled word
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, OceanoPair said:

New App works awesome. You don't have to link your brokerage account. Screen print and download copy of your Brokerage statement. Basically the same as faxing or emailing. Took a couple days to confirm holdings ownership because we did it on the weekend. Once confirmed applied for Shareholder Benefits for two Princess Cruises. It only took three minutes from application time to receipt of confirmation email and OBC showing up on My Princess website for each cruise.

we did not use the app. The travel agent gave us the email address and I sent a copy of our statement with all the account # etc blacked out. Took a day or 2 but it showed up as OBC

I used the app in early December for our April 2024 cruise. It worked fine, no need to link your brokerage account. In fact, that option never showed up for me. Simply sent them the page (PDF) from our account showing the CCL stock but with all other info blacked out. Basically the same process that we used to use with our PCC for the credit, just a different outfit doing the verification for HAL. It took a couple of days but seemed pretty harmless to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OceanoPair said:

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

I used the app in early December for our April 2024 cruise. It worked fine, no need to link your brokerage account. In fact, that option never showed up for me. Simply sent them the page (PDF) from our account showing the CCL stock but with all other info blacked out. Basically the same process that we used to use with our PCC for the credit, just a different outfit doing the verification for HAL. It took a couple of days but seemed pretty harmless to me. 

Thanks for the information about not needing to link you account to the app.  I'm glad that it basically works the same way except for using an app instead of email.  I applied for the OBC via email not long before Christmas, and the OBC showed up on our booking and in a email in just a few days.

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

In early November there was a thread about Stockperks - I don't know if the information still holds true.   I'm still thinking about it!  Just hope HAL goes back to doing it themselves.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2972921-requesting-obcstockperks/

So do I 

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

So for an IPhone do I search for just stockperks or Carnival stockperks or?  Sorry, I’m not too great when it comes to App’s.  

Hello @canadianbear!  I just checked on my iPhone and found the app by searching under "Stockperks".  

Enjoy the OBC!

~Nancy

• Like 2

After you register with StockPerks where you only need to give your name and email address, with everything else optional, and get to the point where you start the process to “Validate your portfolio to check eligibility”,

IMG_9115.thumb.jpeg.5c880a60dcd9dfa433083ba7e99a5aea.jpeg

Choose the ALINEA option rather than the default PLAID option if you just want to manually upload your brokerage statement, with your account number and any other unnecessary information blotted out, showing you own at least 100 shares of CCL stock. 
IMG_9116.thumb.jpeg.72107c0f2cd69fc8d3760b6529195050.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruzingnut said:

@Ken the cruiser  So from what you are saying you still need to give them your account number.  I copied this from their agreement that you say yes to when you sign up.   Not giving them my account number....nope.

Linda R.

IMG_5350.PNG

No, you should blot out the account number before uploading your brokerage statement using the ALINEA option, just like you would have done in the past when you would email your CCL stock information to HAL, or in our case Princess.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

No, you should blot out the account number before uploading your brokerage statement using the ALINEA option, just like you would have done in the past when you would email your CCL stock information to HAL, or in our case Princess.

Ok, thanks.  I'll try it and see how it goes!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OceanoPair said:

Not exactly, if you are sending a screen shot.  Many brokerage accounts show a lot on a single page including the stock account number, various stocks, etc.  When sending a fax or e-mail we would print out the page, black-out items not relevant for the credit, scan the blacked-out document to a file and than upload it to the cruise line.  

13 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Not exactly, if you are sending a screen shot.  Many brokerage accounts show a lot on a single page including the stock account number, various stocks, etc.  When sending a fax or e-mail we would print out the page, black-out items not relevant for the credit, scan the blacked-out document to a file and than upload it to the cruise line.  

That’s exactly what we used to do.  My OBC for my stocks was done for our February cruise so I don’t have to worry about this until our next one after that luckily.  Not too eager for this new process.  

I emailed cclshareholderhal@hollandamerica.com back on 12/10 with a screenshot of my statement. I got an email back on 12/17 asking for a PDF.  I've sent it.  I cruise on Jan 5th (less than a week from now).  I called yesterday and they said it still hasn't been approved.  Should I try the app or ... ??

This is the first cruise since 2010 (9 cruises) that I've had issues with.

Any help would be most appreciated.

25 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

When sending a fax or e-mail we would print out the page, black-out items not relevant for the credit, scan the blacked-out document to a file and than upload it to the cruise line.  

If you don't have a scanner, there are ways to do this electronically. Download your brokerage statement as a PDF. "Highlight" in black all the info you want hidden, but do not send that page version electronically since the highlighting can be removed if you do. But if you print the page as a PDF, then the highlighting cannot be edited and it should be safe to send that version. This is for Windows PCs, there is probably an equivalent for Apple machines. 

I think upgraded versions of Adobe Acrobat also have a redaction tool that should work if you are willing to pay extra.

• Thanks 1

As stated in the previous method of applying for  Carnival Shareholder Benefits you should never include your account number. There are many ways to do this without linking your brokerage account. The Stockperks app works great. You just need to know how to use it wisely. It's 10 times faster than the old way of faxing and emailing. Good luck and we hope you get lots of OBC on your upcoming cruises. We will.