Using the new “Stockperks” app for Carnival stock owner’s benefit

RRFan

Third time’s the charm!  The first two times I “x” I got a message that all my information would not be saved. The third time I tried, I did get an option to upload files. Thanks so much.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RRFan said:

It’s not very clear to me. I thought we had to give them access to get into our acct, which I definitely did not like. But it seems you can upload an image or pdf of our stmt showing the CCL stock (like we’ve been doing via email) as an alternative method. Then they go “verify” that somehow and then we have to go back into the app and redeem the perk. At that point they say it is “in progress” until HAL notifies them that the OBC has been awarded. Now I am awaiting word that it has been awarded. My cruise isn’t until April so I’ve got time. But in the past, I would email the request and have confirmation within the day or the next from HAL. So far this method seem waaaay more cumbersome and redundant to me. 🤷‍♀️

FWIW, my notice that my ownership was successfully verified (and I never gave them access to my broker account, just uploaded a PDF of my purchase confirmation) was at 10:03 AM on 1/1 and my notice that my account had been credited with my 250 OBC was received at 6:30 PM on 1/1.  I had previously been notified that they received my application for verification on 12/29 at 12:09 PM.

I never applied the old way, but this turned out to be very simple and efficient, although I was confused a bit along the way.  The trickiest part was learning how to take a screenshot of the purchase confirmation and then "printing" it to a PDF file.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suzanne123 said:

Third time’s the charm!  The first two times I “x” I got a message that all my information would not be saved. The third time I tried, I did get an option to upload files. Thanks so much.

Once you get confirmation that your ownership has been verified, don't forget to go back to stockperks to Redeem your perk.  That was the step I was missing until @aussiedisneyfan straightened me out.

• Like 2

Passing along my "stockperks" experience......

Uploaded my stock statement (took a pic of the computer screen...LOL) 

Approved in 2 days

Once approved, I entered my info and the OBC was approved in 4 hours

I'll give it a week and then verify w/TA.

Easy peezy and, IMO, a better way to handle......

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had a suspicious twist to the process. I used the app to connect to my brokerage account, then after getting confirmation of the OBC (next day) I changed the brokerage account password. Today, I found my account locked out as if there had been unauthorized attempts to access account. I have now unlinked the app from my brokerage account. I plan to advise Carnival and HAL of this suspicious activity because of the app.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2inSETexas said:

I’ve had a suspicious twist to the process. I used the app to connect to my brokerage account, then after getting confirmation of the OBC (next day) I changed the brokerage account password. Today, I found my account locked out as if there had been unauthorized attempts to access account. I have now unlinked the app from my brokerage account. I plan to advise Carnival and HAL of this suspicious activity because of the app.

Maybe if everyone complained the cruise line would start doing this themselves again.  So many complaints. 

• Like 1

From their Terms of Service:

By using the Service, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us, our affiliates, partners, App Providers, officers, members, directors and employees harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising in any way from your use of the Service or the creation, placement or transmission of any message, information, software or other materials through the Service by you or related to any violation of these Terms by you (collectively, “Indemnified Matters”). We shall control the defense of any Indemnified Matters through counsel of our choice.

No thanks. Not worth $100.

• Like 1

My stockperks experience thus far.....

Successful with getting the account registered......a pic of my computer screen with the statement info worked.

But......

My shareholder OBC was approved by stockperks on 1/5.....and as of today (1/14), the OBC is not in our booking....as per email just received from TA.

I've sent a message to stockperks (via the "contact us" option in the app.. inquiring as to how long it might take.

Stay tuned for further updates......LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

Successful with getting the account registered......a pic of my computer screen with the statement info worked.

But......

My shareholder OBC was approved by stockperks on 1/5.....and as of today (1/14), the OBC is not in our booking....as per email just received from TA.

I've sent a message to stockperks (via the "contact us" option in the app.. inquiring as to how long it might take.

You may not actually see it until you board. That’s what my notification from HAL said—“will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation”. Just print out and take your email from them showing the credit in case you need it. Front desk will get it applied with that proof. 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if I can register the stock perks account to me or does it have to be in the stockholders name? Both the RCL and CCL shares are in my DW's IRA-SEP Account. We did this because while I'm never going to take a RCL/CCL cruise without her, she sometimes takes girlfriend cruises without me. So decades ago when we purchased the stock, we had it stashed in her IRA-SEP. Since I have access to both mine and her account, I would simply print out the relevant page from her statement, black out the relevant portions and then fax it in with the cover letter. 

If I have to start doing this from her phone, its going to be a pain. 

43 minutes ago, RRFan said:

You may not actually see it until you board. That’s what my notification from HAL said—“will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation”. Just print out and take your email from them showing the credit in case you need it. Front desk will get it applied with that proof. 

There is a new-ish thread where someone did this and the Front Desk refused to give them the OBC. I'm not sure they had any paper print-outs though. 

4 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

But......

Just making sure that after "approved" you went back into StockPerks and hit "redeem perk"?

My OBC was approved, redeemed, and showing in my Nav App in about ten days...

Screenshot_20240113_124820_Navigator.jpg

22 minutes ago, julia said:

Just making sure that after "approved" you went back into StockPerks and hit "redeem perk"?

I did hit Redeem (twice each bc late-night zombie!) for two booking numbers. A few days later, I received FOUR denial emails that said I already had the OBC. My PCC says I don't...

7 hours ago, julia said:

Thanks for this....I can't remember if I did that but I just went in and did it......either again or the first time!

48 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Thanks for this....I can't remember if I did that but I just went in and did it......either again or the first time!

That was necessary!

Just got back an email w/this info.....Progress. 

Congratulations! Your request for an onboard credit for your upcoming cruise  has been successfully submitted to Holland America Line. 

We will be in touch with you in the next five (5) business days to either: 

1. Confirm that the credit has been applied to your cruise booking by Holland America Line; or 
  2. Request for more information regarding your application.

10 hours ago, crystalspin said:

There is a new-ish thread where someone did this and the Front Desk refused to give them the OBC. I'm not sure they had any paper print-outs though. 

Haven’t seen that thread. Front desk can not give it to you if you haven’t gone through the proper channels (which is now this Stockperks app).  But if you jumped through the hoops and you’ve been approved and it’s not on your acct once you board, then if you take your printouts verifying you were approved by HAL for the OBC, they will get it applied. 

Edited by RRFan

8 hours ago, julia said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but that looks like a future cruise deposit credit. I mean the OBC that goes with applying a FCC deposit. See where it shows you have to use it by Jan 2 ‘25?  The stockholders OBC says something like owner’s credit or whatever and it would be tied to a specific booking number. I don’t see my stockholder’s OBC yet for my April cruise on Navigator, but I do have the email from HAL saying we will have it once we board the ship. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen the owner credit show on Navigator before we board. Princess shows it on their app I know.  As I said, I might be wrong about yours, but just an observation. 

2 hours ago, RRFan said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but that looks like a future cruise deposit credit. I mean the OBC that goes with applying a FCC deposit. See where it shows you have to use it by Jan 2 ‘25?  The stockholders OBC says something like owner’s credit or whatever and it would be tied to a specific booking number. I don’t see my stockholder’s OBC yet for my April cruise on Navigator, but I do have the email from HAL saying we will have it once we board the ship. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen the owner credit show on Navigator before we board. Princess shows it on their app I know.  As I said, I might be wrong about yours, but just an observation. 

Nope... it is 100% NOT an FCC. StockPerks did NOT ask for a booking #, and this credit showed up following my redemption, and as you can see, the credit is good for one year. 

11 minutes ago, julia said:

Nope... it is 100% NOT an FCC. StockPerks did NOT ask for a booking #, and this credit showed up following my redemption, and as you can see, the credit is good for one year. 

What is surprising is that if they did not ask for a booking# then how do they know how much credit to give?  If you booked a 14 day cruise it would be $250.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

What is surprising is that if they did not ask for a booking# then how do they know how much credit to give?  If you booked a 14 day cruise it would be $250.

It's my impression that StockPerks simply processes the request and HAL applies the credit(s).  If I had multiple bookings, or a longer cruise, the appropriate credits would apply (hopefully!)

26 minutes ago, julia said:

OK.  Stockperks does not ask for the booking number until you get approved and you go back in to redeem it. The redemption part definitely asks for the booking number. Your booking number tells them how long the cruise is and how much owner’s OBC to give you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BabySarge said:

This might be a silly question but is this Stockperks app only available for use with a cell phone?  

My understanding is that you have to download the app to a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roz said:

My understanding is that you have to download the app to a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet. 

Thank you; that's what I thought but wasn't completely sure.