LIVE from Viking Star-- Hawaiian Islands Sojourn -- 28 Dec. 2023 --13 January 2024

FetaCheese

The seas have finally calmed down a bit, and folks are out and about again. Yesterday we did a bridge tour and had a much better dinner at Chefs Table than last time. We had the Lotus menu with delicious Thai basil lamb chops. This afternoon we went to an Old World premium wine tasting that was almost opulent and certainly a lot of fun. However, all these days of bad weather have made our arrival in Honolulu a couple of hours late. All excursions have to be adjusted. We will see what we get!  Sorry, still can’t attach photos. I can’t imagine why. I can attach them to anything but CC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SantaFe1 said:

Sorry, still can’t attach photos. I can’t imagine why. I can attach them to anything but CC. 

Are you trying to sync your photos to iCloud? Viking might be blocking that ip address. Try turning sync off until you are in port.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

3 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Are you trying to sync your photos to iCloud? Viking might be blocking that ip address. Try turning sync off until you are in port.

Yes!  Maybe that’s it.  I’ll try tomorrow, although by then we will be in port.  Thanks.

12 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

The seas have finally calmed down a bit, and folks are out and about again. Yesterday we did a bridge tour and had a much better dinner at Chefs Table than last time. We had the Lotus menu with delicious Thai basil lamb chops. This afternoon we went to an Old World premium wine tasting that was almost opulent and certainly a lot of fun. However, all these days of bad weather have made our arrival in Honolulu a couple of hours late. All excursions have to be adjusted. We will see what we get!  Sorry, still can’t attach photos. I can’t imagine why. I can attach them to anything but CC. 

Perhaps you could enquire at GS about uploading photos.  While there is not an internet guy onboard (like Oceania), they have helped me with a tech issue on last cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelCity Cruiser said:

To our friends on the Star - not sure what time you arrive in port, but we touched down in Honolulu yesterday afternoon and our dinner view on Waikiki last night was breathtaking!  Hope your visit here goes well.

20240219_181232.jpg

20240219_185959.jpg

We arrive a couple hours late, but the shore ex team has miraculously saved most if,not all of the excursions, getting them pushed back a few hours.  It is stormy looking out right now, but the sun is supposed to shine all day, and 75 degrees.  Sure beats winter!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2024 at 8:56 PM, FetaCheese said:

The glass panel to which you refer was not broken on your voyage.  Wife noticed it was broken and wrapped on our 28 December 2033 Star cruise.  They haven't replaced it yet.

On the transatlantic crossing and that panel still hasn't been replaced yet (March 26, 2024).