How Long can I stay on the Jewel of the Seas on disembarkation day?

Flight out is at 6:30 pm. Either get off early but I have already done DT San Juan and the  Fort.  So I thought stay on the ship then head to Airport to watch NFL Playoffs on TV.

13 minutes ago, glentally said:

Flight out is at 6:30 pm. Either get off early but I have already done DT San Juan and the  Fort.  So I thought stay on the ship then head to Airport to watch NFL Playoffs on TV.

Our last few cruises, not San Juan, they have been clearing the ship completely by 9;30.

• Like 2

They cannot board the next group until they have a zero count from your cruise.

Get off the ship and find something else to do……please don’t be one of those people who holds up the next boarding…

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, glentally said:

Btw last time we flew from SJU we went straight to the airport but couldn't checkin until 4 hrs before flt.  No chairs left to sit on. Sat on window ledge.  Usually we head to old san juan, check our luggage for free at Barrachina's, then wander around.   Not sure why we didn't this time.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Usually we head to old san juan, check our luggage for free at Barrachina's, then wander around.   Not sure why we didn't this time.  

Njkruzer - Thank You - I'll do that.  I am usually the first off.  I just asked because the reboarding isn't until 3 pm.  

I didn't post it to be shamed by "Be Kind / Don't be one that holds up the ship" ???

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glentally said:

Njkruzer - Thank You - I'll do that.  I am usually the first off.  I just asked because the reboarding isn't until 3 pm.  

I didn't post it to be shamed by "Be Kind / Don't be one that holds up the ship" ???

Was on Jewel in November and boarding was much earlier than 3pm - they wanted the ship cleared by 9.30 

12 minutes ago, Yorkshire Voyagers said:

Was on Jewel in November and boarding was much earlier than 3pm - they wanted the ship cleared by 9.30 

That's my recollection. 

9 hours ago, Yorkshire Voyagers said:

We've sailed this RCI itinerary often out of San Juan and have usually boarded around 10:30-11:00am.

• Like 1

We usually take the RC excursion where they drop you in Old San Juan for a few hours and then they take you to meet up with your luggage to the airport ("Old San Juan on your own"). If you're not interested in hanging out in old San Juan they have a similar excursion that takes you to the rain forest and then to the airport. 

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

We've sailed this RCI itinerary often out of San Juan and have usually boarded around 10:30-11:00am.

It was a bit slow clearing after the Thanksgiving cruise but I’m hoping it’s back to those sort of times this month 

On 1/1/2024 at 10:25 AM, njkruzer said:

Btw last time we flew from SJU we went straight to the airport but couldn't checkin until 4 hrs before flt.  No chairs left to sit on. Sat on window ledge.  Usually we head to old san juan, check our luggage for free at Barrachina's, then wander around.   Not sure why we didn't this time.  

Do they require you to eat in the restaurant or anything for them to store your bags? 

28 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Do they require you to eat in the restaurant or anything for them to store your bags? 

No, not required to eat and no charge to store luggage.   Can pu taxi to airport on the corner 1/2 block from restaurant.   Never a problem. 

1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

No....but a small gratuity is nice.

• Like 2

This past May I did the city tour and airport drop off to kill time, I had purchased a pass to the private airport lounge in advance, very pleased with the lounge experience.

• Like 1

Hi,

I will be on the Jewel this April for the TA.

Leaving in the UK, I will fly out to Miami and stay in FL for 1 night before boarding.

The ship docks in Southampton on a Saturday around 6am.

We will be up around 7am for breakfast and get off around 0830 to allow us time to get to the train station for 10am for the first of our trains back home via London.

We have to time things carefully so we can try to enjoy the last day of holiday as all the travelling takes its toll, so we don't want to feel rushed but have to allow time for any delays that may pop up without notice.

We take our own cases off so can get off at anytime before 9am and normally find that by around 0800-0830 we are ready to get off anyway.

Mick.

3 hours ago, Mick B said:

Hi,

I will be on the Jewel this April for the TA.

Leaving in the UK, I will fly out to Miami and stay in FL for 1 night before boarding.

The ship docks in Southampton on a Saturday around 6am.

We will be up around 7am for breakfast and get off around 0830 to allow us time to get to the train station for 10am for the first of our trains back home via London.

We have to time things carefully so we can try to enjoy the last day of holiday as all the travelling takes its toll, so we don't want to feel rushed but have to allow time for any delays that may pop up without notice.

We take our own cases off so can get off at anytime before 9am and normally find that by around 0800-0830 we are ready to get off anyway.

Mick.

Enjoy your trip.  Notice you're from Nottingham.  We have friends there and have visited them.

• 3 weeks later...