Adequate Rm. for 3 gals. ?

What works for 3 bestie gal-pals when booking a Caribbean cruise other than a Neptune Suite. Or should we convince a 4th to join and simply get 2 adjoining Balcony suites and be done with it? BTW, I’m 4-star, others Zero stars.  TIA

7 minutes ago, LocoLoco1 said:

What works for 3 bestie gal-pals when booking a Caribbean cruise other than a Neptune Suite. Or should we convince a 4th to join and simply get 2 adjoining Balcony suites and be done with it? BTW, I’m 4-star, others Zero stars.  TIA

Signature suite or 2 adjacent balconies. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Signature suite or 2 adjacent balconies. 

Absolutely!!  Signature Suite has two sinks with a large counter area and a tub/shower plus shower (Pinnacle Class is different) or two Verandas has...well...two bathrooms!

Pinnacle Class Signature suites seem less spacious to me in the sitting area.  Look at pictures on Halfacts.com if that is your ship.

Which ship are you considering?  Makes a bit of difference in the cabin sizes and configuration.

Have a great time!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LocoLoco1 said:

What works for 3 bestie gal-pals when booking a Caribbean cruise other than a Neptune Suite. Or should we convince a 4th to join and simply get 2 adjoining Balcony suites and be done with it? 

The ship is important. Vista Suite on the Zaandam or Volendam is well-laid out for three (if none hog the bathroom). Three banks of (3 each) drawers, three closets (plus the one with the life jackets). Did two weeks with my mom as the third person; stewards made up the bed into a sofa each morning and flipped it at night. 

ETA: Some if not all of the cabins on the Vista class ships (Noordam, Oosterdam, Zuiderdam, Westerdam) and Signature class (Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam) do not have ANY drawers other than maybe one each in nightstands! We sailed (just two) in the Zuidy and have two LONG cruises in Vista ships; we will take shallow fabric trays from Dollar Tree to use shelves in one closet for smalls. 

Spent 16 days in a Vista Suite on the Koningsdam (sisters are Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam), just DH and me. It would be snug for three! Only three large drawers and three small in the desk, two closets for clothes; I think the third could hold a few outer garments. 

The optimal choice is to get a fourth bestie and find two CONNECTING (not just adjoining) Verandah cabins! 

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 2

Myself and 2 besties will be sailing on the Nieuw Statendam, we booked a Vista Suite......I agree with the others, the best choice would be to get a 4th to join and get two connecting balcony cabins......good luck.....either way you'll have a wonderful time.

Posted (edited)

On the lower price end there are family rooms on the Pinnacle class ships. On some sailings as a 4 star you will get the third guest free (except port charges and taxes).  Two bathrooms can go a long way for three gals. We like these even when we don’t sail with my sister

Edited by Mary229

7 hours ago, crystalspin said:

ETA: Some if not all of the cabins on the Vista class ships (Noordam, Oosterdam, Zuiderdam, Westerdam) and Signature class (Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam) do not have ANY drawers other than maybe one each in nightstands! We sailed (just two) in the Zuidy and have two LONG cruises in Vista ships; we will take shallow fabric trays from Dollar Tree to use shelves in one closet for smalls. 

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify for my upcoming Zuidy cruise. Are there shelves in the closet, but just no drawers? I’ll be in an obstructed OV on deck 4. When looking for cabin tour videos I’m not sure whether to look at OV cabins or verandas. Those obstructed OV cabins have windows that mimic sliding glass doors. 

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The optimal choice is to get a fourth bestie and find two CONNECTING (not just adjoining) Verandah cabins! 

Agree that the optimal choice is to get two connecting rooms.  However, I do remember from our VOV cruise on the Zuiderdam last August, in a signature suite, that the desk did have drawers.  Also, weren't there drawers under the foot of the bed?   Also, weren't their drawers in the sofa end table?

28 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify for my upcoming Zuidy cruise. Are there shelves in the closet, but just no drawers? I’ll be in an obstructed OV on deck 4. When looking for cabin tour videos I’m not sure whether to look at OV cabins or verandas. Those obstructed OV cabins have windows that mimic sliding glass doors. 

I'm in an obstructed OV (4103) on the Zuiderdam right now. Your only drawers will be in the nightstands, and they are narrow nightstands. You will have one closet behind the entry door that is more shallow (regular hangers are too big unless you put everything at an angle), one regular closet and a third with fixed shelves on the top, including the safe, and a hanging area in the bottom. The other two closets have shelves you can drop or leave upright for hanging longer clothes.

At the desk is the cooler and a small triangle-shaped cabinet (two shelves) that has glasses and the hairdryer and makeup mirror stored in it. You also have the two big drawers under the foot of the bed, but sometimes the stewards store sheets etc. there. If asked they will remove them.

If you go to halfacts.com, pick zuiderdam, scroll down to 4104 Oosterdam FO, it is identical and nicely shows the closets. Let me know if you have questions.

• Thanks 1

Might I also suggest each bringing some type of hanging storage bags (like shoe bags or collapsible shelves, for various storage needs) as well as strong magnetic hooks (more than 5 lbs) as many of the ships have magnetic walls. For those that don't the trim/frame usually are and hanging a small bungee cord on the hooks helps as a hanging line. May not be the prettiest but provides more storage. Some people bring a retractable curtain rod and hang things up. We usually fill up closets with just 2 people. Signature Suite should be cheapest for the size with 3rd guest "free". 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Agree that the optimal choice is to get two connecting rooms.  However, I do remember from our VOV cruise on the Zuiderdam last August, in a signature suite, that the desk did have drawers.  Also, weren't there drawers under the foot of the bed?   Also, weren't their drawers in the sofa end table?

We travelled in an "Inside with a window" on the Observation Deck: No sofa or end table! We did luck out and have a third chair with the small pedestal-style small table. Fridge in the desk, no storage. There may have been drawers under the beds, but not appealing to have to stoop to get our clothing all the while... 

These are the "free-standing drawers" I took for the closet shelves:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MFB3KHD/?th=1

They fold flat for packing.

We actually loved the location -- the Ex.Cafe and Crows Nest were simply our ante-rooms! Post-pandemic I don't want anything without a balcony, just in case of quarantine, but our two booked Vista Ship cabins are Verandahs on Deck 10!

Edited by crystalspin

8 hours ago, WriterOnDeck said:

If you go to halfacts.com, pick zuiderdam, scroll down to 4104 Oosterdam FO, it is identical and nicely shows the closets. Let me know if you have questions.

Trust @Vict0riann to take such good pics of the things we care about!

This is really for @mawvkysc not WriterOnDeck.

https://halfacts.com/vista-class/4119-noordam/

Also has a pic of the closet-with-shelves, showing that there are two shelves above the one with the safe. The rod with hangers below is too short for my tunics, and the basket for the laundry bag and list is on the bottom (could be moved elsewhere I suppose). Will be thinking about REOVA's suggestion of some sort of hanging organizer for that space.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How long of a cruise? How much luggage? How tight can you be and how much money do you have? 3 people can do an inside or outside cabin for a 7 day cruise if you get 4 closets and don't pack alot. Just don't spend  much time in your cabin and rotate the bathroom. Obviously there is much more space in a Signature Suite. Does the third person mind as of a bed or a bunk from the ceiling? 

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Also has a pic of the closet-with-shelves, showing that there are two shelves above the one with the safe.

Some pics on CruiseDeckPlans.com show that there is actually a third shelf above the safe. The top one I would only use for maybe hats, and be sure to check nothing has pushed back out of sight up there when you pack to disembark!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many years ago I was part of a Travel Agency Group that included a lot of people who were long standing friends.  Four women were members of this group.  They had booked two rooms. Some time before cruise date, one woman had to cancel the cruise.  One of the women was offered an upgrade to one of the top suites, with butler, on this ship.  They decided to share the suite. They set-up a cocktail party for all of us to see “their suite”.  Naturally, we jumped at the idea.  It was amazing.  We joked that it was great to see “how the other half lived”.  

Our total group had about 20 people in it.  We did some things “as a group”, but most things were just friends with friends.  I started to notice that these three women started doing things solo.  I would join the solo person at breakfast or lunch to chat.  Towards the end of the cruise, these three women were never together.

It finally dawned on me — the suite had just one bathroom!  The cruise was a 22 day cruise.  Three women can share a bathroom for a short period of time, but not for a long one.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, oakridger said:

OP hasn't come back to let us know which ship they will be on.  As mentioned, that makes a big difference!

~Nancy

Haven’t decided which ship. We think we will be happiest by getting a 4th friend to join us and get 2 adjoining Veranda Cabins. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, lcand1923 said:

It finally dawned on me — the suite had just one bathroom!  The cruise was a 22 day cruise.  Three women can share a bathroom for a short period of time, but not for a long one.

That's one of the reasons when I travel with 2 girlfriends we get THREE staterooms.  The other is not sharing the sleeping space - I imagine when we were in our 20's we wouldn't have thought twice about it, but we're long past the age of "roommates". Sharing a stateroom is not something any of us would consider - the "savings" are not worth it to any of us. 

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1