Free cruise

Hello everyone and happy new year!

I have a cabin booked and paid for, I am traveling with a 16 month old. I would like to know if I could add someone to my cabin for free? I paid full price for myself and my 16 month old because I figured that I would add someone at later date because he will be sleeping with me and I will have an extra bed.

Almost certain that the cabin you booked has to have at least 3 berths, no matter how you actually sleep. If not then you have to change cabins.

Unless your cruise and cruise promotion states that 3rd and 4th passengers in the cabin cruise for free then you have to pay for all three occupants in the cabin.

If you have the plus or premier fare passengers one and two in the cabin are required to have the same fare. I don't believe you would want your 16 year old to have one of these fares. You would have to add the additional person as the 2nd passenger and move the 16 year old to the 3rd passenger.

Did you actually pay for the cruise or have you placed deposit? In either case when you add the new person you most likely will have to pay the fares in effect at that time.

Your situation is a good reason to use a T.A. or transfer your booking to a T.A. you can rely on. 

• Like 1

Checking the Princess web site this morning, there is a  sale for the  3rd and 4th passenger  to sail  free  if booked within the next 39 odd hours - you will only have to pay for the 3rd person's taxes.  As others have said, you will need a 3 person cabin .

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 7:02 PM, caligirlfashionista said:

I paid full price for myself and my 16 month old because I figured that I would add someone at later date because he will be sleeping with me and I will have an extra bed.

that's not how cruise fares work in general. A 16 month old traveling as a second passenger will usually be charged the same fare as a 16 or a 66 year old. Usually, the reduced fare is applied to the 3rd and 4th passengers, but not always.

If you booked a cabin for 2, you will not be able to add a 3rd passenger for free, unless a promotion mentioned above is taking place, and even then - 3 and 4 passenger cabins usually cost more, so it wouldn't be free.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 1/2/2024 at 7:02 PM, caligirlfashionista said:

Hello everyone and happy new year!

I have a cabin booked and paid for, I am traveling with a 16 month old. I would like to know if I could add someone to my cabin for free? I paid full price for myself and my 16 month old because I figured that I would add someone at later date because he will be sleeping with me and I will have an extra bed.

First thing is to see if you're in a cabin that can accommodate three people. Makes no difference if you plan on having your baby in your bed with you. If not, you may want to determine if any are available if the 3/4 pax promo still is in effect, etc. 

5 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Just getting information directly from the Princess site. 

Screenshot_20240104_144819_Chrome.jpg

We have booked 5 cruises with our grandson as the 3rd person booked under the above promotion which states - "3rd guest sails free".  After selecting a cruise and room if you look at the  - Up to 40% Off-Free room upgrade  View offer details--   it will define "FREE" for this promotion  --  

3rd and 4th Guest Sail Free Offer EXCLUDES TAXES, FEES, AND PORT EXPENSES. 

His $153 taxes, etc are a lot less than our $1100+ cruise fare pp so it is a good deal if you can get the promotion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

We have booked 5 cruises with our grandson as the 3rd person booked under the above promotion which states - "3rd guest sails free".  After selecting a cruise and room if you look at the  - Up to 40% Off-Free room upgrade  View offer details--   it will define "FREE" for this promotion  --  

3rd and 4th Guest Sail Free Offer EXCLUDES TAXES, FEES, AND PORT EXPENSES. 

His $153 taxes, etc are a lot less than our $1100+ cruise fare pp so it is a good deal if you can get the promotion.

Yes, these are really great offers! 

Caligirl...

When is your departure...

When is, or was, final payment.

If you are before final payment,  you might be able to cancel your current booking, and re-book for three guests, under the current promo.

If this is past final payment... I think you are pretty much locked in with your current booking, which does NOT have the current promo.

I do not believe that they will simply 'add another guest for free'.

If the fare now is higher, yes, you get the third person promo, but the total would be higher,

And, as mentioned...  each passenger is always required to pay the taxes/port charges.  

Yes, your total cost will go up.

But, it should still be much less than having to pay for the third person.

On 1/4/2024 at 3:33 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Caligirl...

When is your departure...

When is, or was, final payment.

If you are before final payment,  you might be able to cancel your current booking, and re-book for three guests, under the current promo.

If this is past final payment... I think you are pretty much locked in with your current booking, which does NOT have the current promo.

I do not believe that they will simply 'add another guest for free'.

If the fare now is higher, yes, you get the third person promo, but the total would be higher,

And, as mentioned...  each passenger is always required to pay the taxes/port charges.  

Yes, your total cost will go up.

But, it should still be much less than having to pay for the third person.

I’m already paid in full 

Do you pay full fare for a 16-month-old child? And if you buy Plus or Premier, does the kid have to get that too?

Or did Caligirl pay a single supplement and have her child come along for "free"?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Is it possible to request a pack ‘n play crib in a 2-person cabin, then add another adult?

no. You cannot put 3 people into a 2 person cabin.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 1/7/2024 at 11:56 AM, DCThunder said:

Do you pay full fare for a 16-month-old child? And if you buy Plus or Premier, does the kid have to get that too?

Or did Caligirl pay a single supplement and have her child come along for "free"?

I paid full price for myself and 16 month old, I’m wondering if I will have to pay for and extra beverage package. I haven’t inquired about it yet.