Loyalty level incorrect

I'm platinum level but on my cruise summery for my next cruise it says I'm Ruby. Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone know if my medallion will be the correct color? Which I believe should be a gray/silver color?

1 minute ago, Goldenrosebags said:

I'm platinum level but on my cruise summery for my next cruise it says I'm Ruby. Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone know if my medallion will be the correct color? Which I believe should be a gray/silver color?

Have you checked your cruise history yet to ensure it's accurate?

If it's correct - then don't worry about it 

If your medallion is incorrect on receipt - see the Captain's Circle host and thekk put the correct color sticker on it (or guest services).

If it's incorrect, you'll need to speak to the Captain's Circle folks in advance and get it sorted out . 

My cruise history is correct. And on my account on princess.com it says I'm platinum. It's just the travel summery that is wrong. I'd kind of like the correct medallion. Without a sticker because I collect them. Do you think it would help to call someone? Or will they, as usual, not know anything?

30 minutes ago, Goldenrosebags said:

My cruise history is correct. And on my account on princess.com it says I'm platinum. It's just the travel summery that is wrong. I'd kind of like the correct medallion. Without a sticker because I collect them. Do you think it would help to call someone? Or will they, as usual, not know anything?

Of course , call if you want to. It's your time to spend how you will.  If you booked through a TA, have them sort them out.  I'd you booked directly, call your PVP and have them sort it out. 

2 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

I’ve had it be wrong in the app. It took a phone call to get it corrected 

Yes.  This happens if you book the cruise before you have achieved the next loyalty level.  We were one cruise away from Elite and booked 7 cruises over the next 2 years.  Even though for 6 of them we had advanced to the elite level, the summaries still called us platinum in each one.  Then, when booking cruises after we had achieved the new level, the summaries reflect the correct level.

All it means is your medallion will be the wrong color, but you will receive the benefits of the appropriate level you have actually attained.  We never had a problem with the things like free mini-bar and discounts for excursions etc that were tied to our new level.  Everything worked fine.  Just had grey medallions for a bunch of cruises.  I guess you could ask at guest services to get a new sticker for the medallions, but we never bothered.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

Check your order history on the OM in the app. That shows your order and look at the color shown.  

If you check the App, that may or may not be correct. The App is all over the place, I’ve shown blue, gray and sometimes it’s correct in black.  

If they mail the wrong color, GS will correct it, takes 2 mins.

Don’t worry about the travel summary, that’s the color level at the time of booking…usually.

7 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Yes.  This happens if you book the cruise before you have achieved the next loyalty level.  We were one cruise away from Elite and booked 7 cruises over the next 2 years.  Even though for 6 of them we had advanced to the elite level, the summaries still called us platinum in each one.  Then, when booking cruises after we had achieved the new level, the summaries reflect the correct level.

All it means is your medallion will be the wrong color, but you will receive the benefits of the appropriate level you have actually attained.  We never had a problem with the things like free mini-bar and discounts for excursions etc that were tied to our new level.  Everything worked fine.  Just had grey medallions for a bunch of cruises.  I guess you could ask at guest services to get a new sticker for the medallions, but we never bothered.

Having the correct medallion color and level showing in the app can be helpful to get in the priority line at embarkation, when tendering, entering the PE lounge etc. If the level shown is incorrect pre-cruise, it’s worth making a call to me. Especially if it’s that many sailings.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

<Deleted:  I was duplicating the point made in post #6>  

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

Having the correct medallion color and level showing in the app can be helpful to get in the priority line at embarkation, when tendering, entering the PE lounge etc. If the level shown is incorrect pre-cruise, it’s worth making a call to me. Especially if it’s that many sailings.

The only issue I had was standing in line at the Elite/Suite line of the Guest Services line.  Wondered if some were staring at me for being in the "wrong" line, but no one said anything and the officer took me with no questions.

I show platinum in the app for my April cruise, but just turned elite. If the platinum medallion shows up in the mail, I'll just have them change it at check-in. The only reason I will have it mailed vs. just picking it up at the cruise terminal is because my grandson will be in the cabin with me and he's excited that the medallion will show up in the mail. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

I show platinum in the app for my April cruise, but just turned elite. If the platinum medallion shows up in the mail, I'll just have them change it at check-in. The only reason I will have it mailed vs. just picking it up at the cruise terminal is because my grandson will be in the cabin with me and he's excited that the medallion will show up in the mail. 

I get mine in the mail because I like to shoot right through the embarkation line. I'm impatient. Lol

Posted (edited)

We made Elite on our last cruise in November. I contacted our TA to see if they could work with PCL to get our bookings over the next 2 years, we had previously booked, updated to reflect our new loyalty level. She was able to get our January bookings updated, which were the main ones we were concerned with. But the PCL rep she was working with said they couldn’t update our April/May and beyond bookings as they were too far out. But they would try again in about a month or so. 

I realize others have noted it really doesn’t matter. But just in case, it would be nice to have our bookings reflect our current loyalty status prior to starting the check-in process, just to make sure we get all the perks we’re now entitled to. 😁

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I realized others have noted it really doesn’t matter. But just in case, it would be nice to have our bookings reflect our current status prior to starting the check-in process, just to make sure we get all the perks we’re now entitled to. 😁

On the website the Captains Circle shows I'm elite. That's what matters. The Princess app shows platinum. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We made Elite on our last cruise in November. I contacted our TA to see if they could work with PCL to get our bookings over the next 2 years, we had previously booked updated, to reflect our new loyalty level. She was able to get our January bookings updated, which were the main ones we were concerned with. But the PCL rep she was working with said they couldn’t update our April/May and beyond bookings as they were too far out. But they would try again in about a month or so. 

I realized others have noted it really doesn’t matter. But just in case, it would be nice to have our bookings reflect our current status prior to starting the check-in process, just to make sure we get all the perks we’re now entitled to. 😁

We also made Elite on our last cruise.  I will have to check to see if that is reflected for our next one. 

For sure, everyone should have the medallion that matches the Captain's Circle level they have achieved.    

For over a year the Medallion appl. showed me as Blue (I have been elite for years). Never could get it fixed but our medallions always came correct (elite)

Now on the new appl, shows me Platinum and who knows what will happen when I order medallions.

My daughter who will be sailing with me is showing  Gold .I may have to check because she may be Ruby

Website shows me correct as Elite.

26 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

The only issue I had was standing in line at the Elite/Suite line of the Guest Services line.  Wondered if some were staring at me for being in the "wrong" line, but no one said anything and the officer took me with no questions.

I just wouldn't want to stand in line, especially for 6 cruises as the poster had booked.  One phone call would be much easier for me.  I try to do as much as possible with Crew Chat when I'm on the ship. 

9 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

On the website the Captains Circle shows I'm elite. That's what matters. The Princess app shows platinum. 

On the old App, it shows I’m Elite.

IMG_9131.jpeg.e51cc20473840a94e223a917946de9a6.jpeg

On the new App, I “think” it shows me as Platinum. But my actual status is not noted in writing anywhere in My Profile on the new App that I can find.

IMG_9130.jpeg.b9984478c25f732b944e133a22ef7f1f.jpeg

12 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

Make sure the cc# on the booking is correct. The Princess system will get generate and assign a new cc# if there is any differences in the information provided when making a new booking. I have had that happen in the past.

I made elite on my October 2023 cruise. Not surprised the old app shows platinum. The new app in my profile section shows platinum as well. Not a fan of the new app. It doesn't show my October cruises like the old app does. Why didn't they set up facial recognition for the new app so you don't have to constantly type in everything to log into the app?

31 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

My level had showed as blue in the old App for years.  Level correct in new.   Never had the wrong color medallion shipped as Captains Circle account is correct.

• Like 1