What to do with extra time?

wrg

Any suggestions on how to kill time? We are due to arrive at MCO at 9:00am the day before. But check-in at the hotel (in Cocoa Beach) isn't until 4:00pm. I considered other flights but they all have layovers and I prefer non-stop. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Go to the hotel.  You might not be able to check in my they will hold your luggage while you go exploring.  They will discuss transportation options.  You might check the Florida Departures board here (under North American Homeports) for suggestions.  Incidentally, have you arranged transportation to the hotel? MCO is approximately an hour from Cocoa Beach…that will occupy some of your time.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

If you're renting a car from the airport, there's no problem.

But if not, then as per @Essiesmom's post, most  hotels will usually look after luggage until you check in. and often the use of facilities such as pools & sunbeds.

To check for sure, phone or e-mail the hotel now.

JB 🙂

Ask for early check-in when you drop the bags.  We have been pretty lucky with that.   Drop bags.  Go have a leisurely lunch.   By the time we get back they are ready to allow access to the room.  

I've carried that a step further. I emailed a day or more before arrival, telling them we're getting in early and could we drop off our bags. When we arrived they had a room for us. HOURS ahead of time.

After you drop your luggage off at the hotel visit Lori Wilson Park for a walk on the beach. If you're hungry go to the Sand Bar for good bar food and a fun, beachy atmosphere. Check out Rusty's Seafood for live music, great views of the harbor and a tasty pina colada. Have fun and happy cruising!