Blue Princess Cruises "escape completely" bag disintegrates

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

Really, I thought all the cruise lines gave something similar, except from P&O, which as their a cut price economy cruise line, I wasn't surprised not to get one from them.

Well, I wouldn't expect one from P&O. 🙄🙂

RCI, not a sausage and that was an international cruise.

23 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Really, I thought all the cruise lines gave something similar, except from P&O, which as their a cut price economy cruise line, I wasn't surprised not to get one from them.

We have each scored two "free" totes from P&O, as well as another from a whole-of-cruise trivia win. Also lanyards, caps, T-shirts.

I am at the other end of the pool though. Freebies aren't free.

42 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Let me know when and where, Geoff, so I can be there to observe the spectacle!!🤣

I am thinking that since the elegant ensemble came from Ipswich via Ebay, that to board our next cruise in Brisbane shouldn't look too much out of place. I am a bit concerned that Princess could put me on a watch list, and it might be better to keep in mothballs until our next Carnival cruise.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We have each scored two "free" totes from P&O, as well as another from a whole-of-cruise trivia win. Also lanyards, caps, T-shirts.

I am at the other end of the pool though. Freebies aren't free.

Two cruise in the last year, not a single freebie, had to buy a lanyards because we forgot to pack ours on our last cruise. Definitely no hats; T-shirts, or tote.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am thinking that since the elegant ensemble came from Ipswich via Ebay, that to board our next cruise in Brisbane shouldn't look too much out of place. I am a bit concerned that Princess could put me on a watch list, and it might be better to keep in mothballs until our next Carnival cruise.

Oh I don't know you should be ok.

On our last Princess cruise, on formal nights one guy kept turning up in a beautiful cut suit, made from multi coloured large circles.

Maybe you could get together with him on a cruise.😝

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

On our last Princess cruise, on formal nights one guy kept turning up in a beautiful cut suit, made from multi coloured large circles.

His name wasn't Willie by any chance? He was the cruise director on a P&O cruise we took in 2016. He had an array of really 'loud' (deafening actually) multi patterned, vibrant coloured suits. I've never forgotten him!🤣 I suppose from his point of view, mission accomplished.

8 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

His name wasn't Willie by any chance? He was the cruise director on a P&O cruise we took in 2016. He had an array of really 'loud' (deafening actually) multi patterned, vibrant coloured suits. I've never forgotten him!🤣 I suppose from his point of view, mission accomplished.

No idea what his name was, but he was definitely a passenger.

Could have been on a bus mans holiday from P&O I suppose.😄

The best tote bag we've ever got was on the Crystal cruise we went on in 2018. Normally you don't get the bag until yoyr second cruise but that cruise was a 20 night one also counted as two cruises. We took it on the Princess Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in 2019 to use as a pool bag. 

2019-09-0214_21_35.thumb.jpg.df0035f9f6f47439a2453244eebc811b.jpg

We didn't get one on the recent Regent cruise but we "bought" a nice one with the points we'd won at trivia and other silly games around the ship. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

No idea what his name was, but he was definitely a passenger.

Could have been on a bus mans holiday from P&O I suppose.😄

It probably wasn't Willie. 🤣 He was based in the UK. Just your description of the passenger made me think of him.

55 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The best tote bag we've ever got was on the Crystal cruise we went on in 2018. Normally you don't get the bag until yoyr second cruise but that cruise was a 20 night one also counted as two cruises. We took it on the Princess Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in 2019 to use as a pool bag. 

2019-09-0214_21_35.thumb.jpg.df0035f9f6f47439a2453244eebc811b.jpg

We didn't get one on the recent Regent cruise but we "bought" a nice one with the points we'd won at trivia and other silly games around the ship. 

Very smart 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

He sounds like a bit of a try-hard. As much as a safari suit should be #1 formal night attire, I restrain myself to wearing for embarkation and island night. I have long had plans to get a spiral tie-die done to it, but it is currently the original light yellowy green colour.

The real deal is getting harder to find in op shops. I spotted a store in South Oz that sells vintage clothes, and they are after around $300 per ensemble.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Two cruise in the last year, not a single freebie, had to buy a lanyards because we forgot to pack ours on our last cruise. Definitely no hats; T-shirts, or tote.

HAL and NCL are still giving some items, but most lines have cut back.

23 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Just to test the mood.

If they were bringing stuff back, would you rather be getting a tote bag or pillow chocolates?

Really neither but if I have to pick one I'd pick the tote bag. The chocolates aren't the greatest and usually we never ate them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Just to test the mood.

If they were bringing stuff back, would you rather be getting a tote bag or pillow chocolates?

For me, tote is more useful and lasts longer. I eat enough on cruises as it is and can do without chocolates.

1 hour ago, 2022cruisey said:

We were given the tote bag this week on the Grand.  No pen, paper or choccies.

Last P&O it was about 4 pieces of paper and a keno style pencil in the cabin! Oh, the generosity!🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2024 at 11:06 AM, MMDown Under said:

Oh dear my prized blue Princess Cruises "escape completely" bag just disintegrated in my hands. 

Was my bag meant to last longer than me?

Do  they still give bags to passengers?

I'm going on Virgin Voyages on Friday.  Does Virgin Voyages give bags? 

The last time I got such a shock was when the soles of my almost new English "hotter concept" shoes, started to fall to pieces in my hands.  I have four other pairs still living which this hasn't happened to.  Note to self write to company for replacement pair of their "made in England" shoes. Does anyone know why this happens?

I've seen the blue Princess bags but have never been offered one. You might have to try eBay.

Going against the grain - unless the tote bag was a decent quality and not the cheap one Princess gave out of late, I'd opt for the chocolates, especially if they were the red, heart shaped ones ♥. I agree that the smaller, oblong ones are cheap chocolate, and my motto is life's too short to eat cheap chocolate 🍫 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

Going against the grain - unless the tote bag was a decent quality and not the cheap one Princess gave out of late, I'd opt for the chocolates, especially if they were the red, heart shaped ones ♥. I agree that the smaller, oblong ones are cheap chocolate, and my motto is life's too short to eat cheap chocolate 🍫 

They are all cheap chocolate. The red ones are thicker so fool you into thinking they're better. To me all of them tasted faintly of peppermint and I hate peppermint chocolates, partly because peppermint gives me hay fever.

On 1/8/2024 at 1:09 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've always had face washers, in inside cabins through to suites. If they aren't in the bathroom already just ask your cabin steward 

We had to ask on our recent Crown Princess cruise. Balcony room. 

3 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

Face washers were supplied in our mini suite last cruise. I don't use them anyway. I prefer to take my own mesh sponge ball. Fits in a ziplock bag, so even if it's wet on the last morning it can still go safely in my carry on luggage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

I think sometimes they get short supplied by the laundry on embarkation day, or just forget to put them out in the rush to turn the cabins over. I vaguely recall noticing they were missing on one cruise but our steward brought us some very quickly. I think it's only happened once in 15 or so Princess cruises.

• Like 1