Blue Princess Cruises "escape completely" bag disintegrates

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We had just finished dinner on our Grand Princess cruise last March and had started heading back to our cabin when the sole of one of Rolf's dress shoes started parting company from the upper. Admittedly they were at least 15 years old or maybe even older. 

Luckily the next day was an Adelaide port stop so we caught the train into the city, and went shoe shopping at Myers. I immediately picked one pair of shoes in his favourite brand out as being the most elegant but, of course, Rolf had try on several others before finally decided the ones I picked were perfect! 😊

I had a similar experience, I had a pair of black shoes I kept specifically for formal nights, on a recent cruise on the way into the dining room, the toe end of the sole parted company with the upper, the first indication it had happened was the slap splack of the sole coming up to meet the shoe going down, then the pair coming in contact with the floor a millisecond apart. It was quite embarrassing the slap splack slap splack all the way across the dinning room to our table, and then again on the way out.😧

I had been using them since about 2010, but spent most of their life in the bottom of the wardrobe.🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

I had a similar experience, I had a pair of black shoes I kept specifically for formal nights, on a recent cruise on the way into the dining room, the toe end of the sole parted company with the upper, the first indication it had happened was the slap splack of the sole coming up to meet the shoe going down, then the pair coming in contact with the floor a millisecond apart. It was quite embarrassing the slap splack slap splack all the way across the dinning room to our table, and then again on the way out.😧

I had been using them since about 2010, but spent most of their life in the bottom of the wardrobe.🤷‍♂️

Apart from cruises Rolf hadn't used his much since he retired at the end of 2014, and I think he bought them long before that. He was well overdue for a new pair. Luckily his only started to disintegrate as we were leaving the MDR.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Apart from cruises Rolf hadn't used his much since he retired at the end of 2014, and I think he bought them long before that. He was well overdue for a new pair. Luckily his only started to disintegrate as we were leaving the MDR.

I spent the remainder of the cruise on formal night resplendent in suit with runners for shoes.

But with fashions these days, I probably looked quite with it........ Nah😂

• Haha 2

Nope they not giving them out any more. We cruised in Suite on Royal Princess and they didn't have them at all and I saw no other passengers with them either. 

Also pen and note pad seems to have vanished from rooms too. 

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

I spent the remainder of the cruise on formal night resplendent in suit with runners for shoes.

I think you would fit with the 'modern' look of some. As long as your pants legs were about 4" short & you have no socks 🙂 

• Haha 2

Actually, you probably were 'on trend'. I recall a boyfriend back in the day who invariably wore his Adidas with a suit and dress shoes with jeans!🙄🙂 Fashion does tend to be cyclic, John.😂

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Nope they not giving them out any more. We cruised in Suite on Royal Princess and they didn't have them at all and I saw no other passengers with them either. 

Also pen and note pad seems to have vanished from rooms too. 

You wouldn't think that it would be a significant savings on those minor things, but I suppose if you add them all up, possibly they do???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Actually, you probably were 'on trend'. I recall a boyfriend back in the day who invariably wore his Adidas with a suit and dress shoes with jeans!🙄🙂 Fashion does tend to be cyclic, John.😂

Alas, I'm never going to be in the "with It Crowd", Hil has tried to get me to wear some with it gear, I just feel like I'm mutton dressed up as porter house steak.🤣

I do try to look smart, but in my staid boring style.🙄

22 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Alas, I'm never going to be in the "with It Crowd", Hil has tried to get me to wear some with it gear, I just feel like I'm mutton dressed up as porter house steak.🤣

Oh dear 😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

I talked Rolf into getting some black slip-in Skechers a while back. They are a good standby in emergencies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

As long as it's not the dreaded safari suit, John 🤣

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I talked Rolf into getting some black slip-in Skechers a while back. They are a good standby in emergencies. 

I have a pair of grey ones which I bought in 2016 and they're still going strong. Admittedly looking a bit tired, but I now only wear them when our Labrador takes me for a walk.🤗

I bought a new lace up pair when we were in Florida in 2019. Still look like new because I save them to wear exclusively on cruises. Love them. They're very comfortable and wear extremely well.

53 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I have no idea what Skechers are. But will google them😄

2 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

I have no idea what Skechers are. But will google them😄

Oh god Sketchers are runners! That's what I was wearing with my suit.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 8:57 AM, Aus Traveller said:

My blue Princess bags crumbled and they hadn't been exposed to sun. We got a shock when the firsts one broke. My husband put some plastic bottles of soft drink in the bag and they went straight through the bottom. Since then a couple of the bags have just crumbled, even though they were inside the house. We haven't got these bags on our last few Princess cruises.

Thank goodness mine just passed away in the house.

You wouldn't think that it would be a significant savings on those minor things, but I suppose if you add them all up, possibly they do???

I miss pen and paper in cabins more than the bags, which were an advertisement for the cruise line (for thieves to easily identify the tourists).

I miss the little bottles of name brand shampoo, conditioner and body lotion 

I miss the cakes of soap, bigger for shower, smaller for sink. 

I now bring all of the above. 

I bring my own face washer.  Clips to hang on wall to have all paperwork in one place.  My daughter has assured me she will teach me what 

I never did get the little parcel in the mail with my travel details, but it would be waiting in the cabin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

I have a pair of grey ones which I bought in 2016 and they're still going strong. Admittedly looking a bit tired, but I now only wear them when our Labrador takes me for a walk.🤗

I bought a new lace up pair when we were in Florida in 2019. Still look like new because I save them to wear exclusively on cruises. Love them. They're very comfortable and wear extremely well.

I had a lovely pair of silvery pinky-purple ones but the inside of the heels wore through on our last cruise, and chewed holes in my heels, so I had to buy a new pair. They were my other pair of cruise Skechers. I was very sad as I'd bought them at the Lahaina outlet store in 2019. They were my Lahaina souvenirs! 

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I miss pen and paper in cabins more than the bags, which were an advertisement for the cruise line (for thieves to easily identify the tourists).

I bring my own face washer.  Clips to hang on wall to have all paperwork in one place.  My daughter has assured me she will teach me what 

I never did get the little parcel in the mail with my travel details, but it would be waiting in the cabin. 

What makes my computer stick, then jump ahead?

teach me "what an ap is and download the ap for my cruise prior to departure on Friday, 12/1/24.

By now, you would know we are JIT people!

This 11 day cruise, I'm bringing cushions for the uncomfortable looking chairs on the balcony.  I will put a cushion on each chair and sit on one, with feet on other,  I think that will work.  I hope I can get in hammock, as I love being on the balcony.

( I used to love sitting on those old wooden lie lows, on the Promenade Deck, which are now just a memory.  I saw the whole of East Coast of Australia, from that position, with a white gloved waiter delivering scones with jam and cream to each person.)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Is this what you mean?

image.jpeg.fac0b4d1b97db3f8cde8f11d29303693.jpeg

Yes, that be they! Aside from my dancing shoes, they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

Yes, that be they! Aside from my dancing shoes, they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

Yes, I've heard they are super comfortable. I have very slim feet and they simply don't fit me, sob, sob 😪

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I bring my own face washer.  

I too miss all those bits and pieces. I do believe however that the pen/pencil and pad in the cabin were very useful for communicating with the steward for minor things. I've never not had a face washer (recent cruise was in a mini suite, if that makes a difference) - have they gone by the board? 

37 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Yes, I've heard they are super comfortable. I have very slim feet and they simply don't fit me, sob, sob 😪

There are different styles so keep trying, you might be lucky. Sometimes outlet centres have a better range than the stores. I needed to get some plain black ones in 2022 as we were in Melbourne on a cruise (the one that got stuck there for three nights) and were going out for dinner with our GD. I only had sandals, and it was too cold and wet for those, and bright sneakers which weren't really suitable for a trendy restaurant. So we went to the outlet centre at South Wharf. I think I tried on about five or six different styles of plain black Skechers before I found the perfect fit. 

• Like 1