Blue Princess Cruises "escape completely" bag disintegrates

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I had a lovely pair of silvery pinky-purple ones but the inside of the heels wore through on our last cruise, and chewed holes in my heels, so I had to buy a new pair. They were my other pair of cruise Skechers. I was very sad as I'd bought them at the Lahaina outlet store in 2019. They were my Lahaina souvenirs! 

I had a tee-shirt from Bubba Gump Maui (Laihana). I wore it and wore it and then relegated it to around the house and gardening. It developed one or two small holes that I repaired, however I've just noticed that the back has gone very thin and has gone into about 3 or 4 small holes. The fabric is so thin now that it's not worth repairing any more and I doubt it will even last for the remainder of this summer, sob sob 😪

2 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Yes, that be they! Aside from my dancing shoes, they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

OK Cee & Possum

I can see they would be comfortable, but with a dinner suit?

Nah, I've got to find a replacement for my dress boots, they use to be called beatle boots, after the band made them popular, I always felt dressy in them. It was really sad day when they said they could not be repaired anymore.😭

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

OK Cee & Possum

I can see they would be comfortable, but with a dinner suit?

Nah, I've got to find a replacement for my dress boots, they use to be called beatle boots, after the band made them popular, I always felt dressy in them. It was really sad day when they said they could not be repaired anymore.😭

Actually those leather-looking ones, the first in Leigh's post, would be a good compromise for someone who has difficulty wearing dress shoes. Especially as men's trousers are usually worn fairly long so cover most of the shoe anyway.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Jean C said:

I had a tee-shirt from Bubba Gump Maui (Laihana). I wore it and wore it and then relegated it to around the house and gardening. It developed one or two small holes that I repaired, however I've just noticed that the back has gone very thin and has gone into about 3 or 4 small holes. The fabric is so thin now that it's not worth repairing any more and I doubt it will even last for the remainder of this summer, sob sob 😪

I feel for you, I had a jumper I just loved to death, it had a chequered beginning, my mom knitted me two jumpers a blue one and a grey one, the grey one arms were too small and the blue one's body didn't fit me at all, so she took the sleeves of the blue and put them on the grey one, and hey presto, a perfect jumper, well in my eyes anyway. True Story....

I wore it from my late teens until my early 60's, it as you can imagine, it had started to get a little shaggy.

Then one day it disappeared, Hil denied responsibility for its loss, but there was a suspicious smirk hovering under that sympathetic look!😒

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

I too miss all those bits and pieces. I do believe however that the pen/pencil and pad in the cabin were very useful for communicating with the steward for minor things. I've never not had a face washer (recent cruise was in a mini suite, if that makes a difference) - have they gone by the board? 

mini suite may be the difference

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

I feel for you, I had a jumper I just loved to death, it had a chequered beginning, my mom knitted me two jumpers a blue one and a grey one, the grey one arms were too small and the blue one's body didn't fit me at all, so she took the sleeves of the blue and put them on the grey one, and hey presto, a perfect jumper, well in my eyes anyway. True Story....

I wore it from my late teens until my early 60's, it as you can imagine, it had started to get a little shaggy.

Then one day it disappeared, Hil denied responsibility for its loss, but there was a suspicious smirk hovering under that sympathetic look!😒

i love that story!  Who would do that nowadays/  How clever to even think to do it.  My grandmother used to call neighbours to finish a big pot of tea.  then give a couple of scones to go with it

She used to change the elastic in neighbours' underpants,  mend socks and do clothing repairs. She lived in the city yet remained 

• Like 1

Just now, MMDown Under said:

i love that story!  Who would do that nowadays/  How clever to even think to do it.  My grandmother used to call neighbours to finish a big pot of tea.  then give a couple of scones to go with it

She used to change the elastic in neighbours' underpants,  mend socks and do clothing repairs. She lived in the city yet remained 

a country woman who always could make do.  Only once a week trips to town!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

mini suite may be the difference

We've always had face washers, in inside cabins through to suites. If they aren't in the bathroom already just ask your cabin steward 

7 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

As long as it's not the dreaded safari suit, John 🤣

OI.

I tried mine on over the Christmas break, and it fits better than ever. Returning to a cruise near you sometime soon. 🤣

4 hours ago, Jean C said:

I too miss all those bits and pieces. I do believe however that the pen/pencil and pad in the cabin were very useful for communicating with the steward for minor things. I've never not had a face washer (recent cruise was in a mini suite, if that makes a difference) - have they gone by the board? 

Carnival still have a small pad & small pencil in their cabins (like the ones you get playing mini golf).  Like you mentioned, I used them to communicate with the room steward.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, boeckli said:

Recent cruise on Majestic Princess - no blue bag, no note pad & pen/pencil, no choccies, no towel animals but did have face washer 😉

I'd happily trade the face washers for choices any day - I only use them to mop splashes from the vanity unit and polish the taps (force of habit) 🍫 😪

12 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

I feel for you. I must have a few male genes in me, I hate shopping and wear my clothes until they almost disintigrate. People don't understand, fit, comfort and an old friend are everything 😂

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jean C said:

I feel for you. I must have a few male genes in me, I hate shopping and wear my clothes until they almost disintigrate. People don't understand, fit, comfort and an old friend are everything 😂

Me too, I hate shopping for clothes, in particular.  Unless I have a friend with me, I'm out of the shop in ten minutes.  If I have a friend with me who is "finding clothes which fit", I last max 15 mins if they keep throwing clothes they've found over the door.  A rare occurrence, I just bought two dresses.  I took 5 clothes in to try on, none fitted.  A dress was already in the changing room - it fitted!  On way out, I spotted a dress on a model.  Got it taken off the model, tried it on, it fitted so bought it.  This shop is an American brand.  I don't have this problem in the USA, as they have whole shops full of petite clothes.  I'm a perfect petite large!!  Imagine the joy, I can look for clothes I actually like, not just clothes which fit.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Me too, I hate shopping for clothes, in particular.  Unless I have a friend with me, I'm out of the shop in ten minutes.  If I have a friend with me who is "finding clothes which fit", I last max 15 mins if they keep throwing clothes they've found over the door.  A rare occurrence, I just bought two dresses.  I took 5 clothes in to try on, none fitted.  A dress was already in the changing room - it fitted!  On way out, I spotted a dress on a model.  Got it taken off the model, tried it on, it fitted so bought it.  This shop is an American brand.  I don't have this problem in the USA, as they have whole shops full of petite clothes.  I'm a perfect petite large!!  Imagine the joy, I can look for clothes I actually like, not just clothes which fit.  

Wonderful, it's such a joy finding clothes you like that fit, especially when it doesn't always happen. I'm petite, have a "mature" figure, ie a thicker waist and, cough, cough, a small spare tyre around my middle, and not being buxom to match the bits that need a "large" size, "medium" never looks quite right! Sizing is weird though, my daughter bought me a medium size top for Christmas that looked a bit too big on me around the shoulders, I exchanged it for the same thing in "small" and it fits perfectly!

PS, I'll be in Honolulu later this year, maybe I'll brave Ala Moana [sudden involuntary shudder] 🥴. Like a bloke, I'd just never know where to start, hehe 😂

On 1/7/2024 at 9:10 AM, Ozwoody said:

Photo of the cooler bag next to a standard Woolies cooler bag.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f9817e7b6f7a3e53a5caa57fb713588.jpeg

Hadn’t thought of using world cruise bag for shopping it just sits at top of wardrobe.  Will get an outing now.  Blue Princess bags have all disintegrated, Celebrity ones still going strong.  The best bag given out on a ship is the one from CMV, no longer operating.  Strong hessian and large.

IMG_4042.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jean C said:

And sometimes you can't buy anything similar as a replacement. I can no longer wear wool next to my skin, it brings be out in a rash. Years ago I found a jumper that was a cotton blend which was warm and comfortable. I have two of them, both becoming very worn and battered looking. I only wear them round the house though. One has developed a few tiny holes now so I might finally have to say goodbye to it. 😪

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jean C said:

PS, I'll be in Honolulu later this year, maybe I'll brave Ala Moana [sudden involuntary shudder] 🥴. Like a bloke, I'd just never know where to start, hehe 😂

Just ask for petite large.  They shops full of clothes to fit the body shape.  After all we can't wear large with the crotch at our knees!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Hadn’t thought of using world cruise bag for shopping it just sits at top of wardrobe.  Will get an outing now.  Blue Princess bags have all disintegrated, Celebrity ones still going strong.  The best bag given out on a ship is the one from CMV, no longer operating.  Strong hessian and large.

IMG_4042.jpeg

Now that one great tote bag, wish Princess gave those out.🥺

On 1/8/2024 at 7:39 PM, arxcards said:

OI.

I tried mine on over the Christmas break, and it fits better than ever. Returning to a cruise near you sometime soon. 🤣

Let me know when and where, Geoff, so I can be there to observe the spectacle!!🤣

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Now that one great tote bag, wish Princess gave those out.🥺

I'd be happy with ANY tote bag. Have never scored one!🥺🙂

6 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

I'd be happy with ANY tote bag. Have never scored one!🥺🙂

Really, I thought all the cruise lines gave something similar, except from P&O, which as their a cut price economy cruise line, I wasn't surprised not to get one from them.