Princess check in window

Quick question as I've gotten varying answers from searching. We board the Royal Princess on Wednesday at the OPT. With Princess's current policy is the check in window on our medallion app strictly enforced. They have given us a late check in window 1pm-3pm but we are staying at circular Quay with a checkout time of 10am. 

I haven't sailed since 2017 so not sure on what changes have happened since then. Would they allow us to board early. I am an Elite member. 

7 minutes ago, Cruise ship fan said:

Quick question as I've gotten varying answers from searching. We board the Royal Princess on Wednesday at the OPT. With Princess's current policy is the check in window on our medallion app strictly enforced. They have given us a late check in window 1pm-3pm but we are staying at circular Quay with a checkout time of 10am. 

I haven't sailed since 2017 so not sure on what changes have happened since then. Would they allow us to board early. I am an Elite member. 

For starters they won't let you board until they've cleared the previous cruise. 

I believe the check-in windows are for all passengers BUT I've heard if you turn up around 11:30am they may have started the check-ins by then. 

You can drop your luggage off any time from about 8:30am. If you get there and it doesn't look like check-ins are happening (usually in this case they don't let you into the terminal building) then just go up yo the Rocks and have a coffee. 

The priority lane is in the terminal, not usually at the entrance.

• Like 1

As elite, you are entitled to priority when check-in opens, whenever that may be. For Elite you should normally be OK for 11am.

Check out of your hotel at 10, head for OPT and drop your bags, then see what happens.

I would drop my bags after checking out of the hotel and then go exploring the area. I realise you live in Sydney, but I have seen much more visiting than when I actually lived there.

• Like 1

As elite as said above you are permitted to board early.

We have always arrived at the terminal about 10-10:30 after check out.

Usually we are on the ship around the 11am-11:30

Some times they can be having an extra clean, which may delay boarding a bit.

22 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

When do you actually get a check in time? (Window)  We cruise out of Brisbane in 2 weeks & don't have any info regarding check in. We are also Elite. 

We are cruising on Thursday (the cruise before yours). I asked a Princess rep a while ago about boarding time and he insisted it was "any time after 11 am".

12 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

When do you actually get a check in time? (Window)  We cruise out of Brisbane in 2 weeks & don't have any info regarding check in. We are also Elite. 

That's my query also - we are on Majestic from Sydney 10-Feb. On the new app we have all green ticks & it says "Ready to Sail", can print tags. medallions ordered etc but there is then no information re boarding. We are Ruby only. I see where it says that boarding passes will be available 11 days before, but most lines allow selection (or allocation) of boarding slot ahead of time?

Over to all the Princess folks knowledgeable on these things.

Oh, while we are on it. Just a question on dining. We normally dine later with My Time or whatever it's called on each line. We see we can choose times thru to 8:20 in 20min intervals, in one of 3 dining rooms - any advice from people who know please?

50 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

It shows up about 10 days prior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It shows up about 10 days prior.

We are cruising later this week but I cannot see any embarkation times. Last year I made notes on where to find various sections of the Medallion app, but it isn't there now. I think we will just roll up around 11am. As Elite, we should be able to board fairly soon.

we got an email  giving us a room number a couple of days ago. for today's cruise

it said to disregard any boarding times and arrive anytime between 11.30 and 3.

we always go early  after 10.30. if the ship has been cleared they will let you on

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We are cruising later this week but I cannot see any embarkation times. Last year I made notes on where to find various sections of the Medallion app, but it isn't there now. I think we will just roll up around 11am. As Elite, we should be able to board fairly soon.

We are also on the same cruise. On the Travel Summary just above the Itinerary  it says boarding begins at 12.00pm though I did see elsewhere 12.30.

No personally allocated boarding times on Princess these days, open slather.

Just now, valantine80 said:

We are also on the same cruise. On the Travel Summary just above the Itinerary  it says boarding begins at 12.00pm though I did see elsewhere 12.30.

No personally allocated boarding times on Princess these days, open slather.

Thanks for the info. I think we will still plan to arrive earlier than 12 noon. 🙂

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

We are cruising on Thursday (the cruise before yours). I asked a Princess rep a while ago about boarding time and he insisted it was "any time after 11 am".

Thanks for that info, 11am will give us time to drop the pup off & drive to the port.

Enjoy your cruise prior to ours.

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

That's my query also - we are on Majestic from Sydney 10-Feb. On the new app we have all green ticks & it says "Ready to Sail", can print tags. medallions ordered etc but there is then no information re boarding. We are Ruby only. I see where it says that boarding passes will be available 11 days before, but most lines allow selection (or allocation) of boarding slot ahead of time?

Over to all the Princess folks knowledgeable on these things.

Oh, while we are on it. Just a question on dining. We normally dine later with My Time or whatever it's called on each line. We see we can choose times thru to 8:20 in 20min intervals, in one of 3 dining rooms - any advice from people who know please?

Boarded Majestic on Dec 10. Arrived at OPT 11.45, walked on to ship at 12.10 (15 mins of that was taken up going through the security snake)

As for dining, I made no MDR reservations and never had to wait. Times varied depending on what was happening on the day.

First night I went to Concerto first to find quite a long line. Went down to check out Symphony and walked straight in (go figure). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Boarded Majestic on Dec 10. Arrived at OPT 11.45, walked on to ship at 12.10 (15 mins of that was taken up going through the security snake)

As for dining, I made no MDR reservations and never had to wait. Times varied depending on what was happening on the day.

First night I went to Concerto first to find quite a long line. Went down to check out Symphony and walked straight in (go figure). 

That's interesting. For whatever reason, I usually book the restaurant on the higher deck, so for next cruise that's Concerto. I wonder if others have the same weird tendency.  I also avoid the restaurant with the dedicated section for chef's table, as I don’t want to be glancing over to tables getting better service than mine 😂

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, boeckli said:

Thanks for that. With no 'allocated' times for boarding, I will just book our shuttle pick up for 10:30 am & so should be at terminal by around 11:30 am & see how we go.

We can always drop the luggage and adjourn to a nearby cafe or pub - we will be on holiday 🙂 

• Like 3